How did you always imagine KOTOR 2 to be?

Just like the topic says. Ever since you played KOTOR it was a given that there would be a part 2. We just didn't know when. There was even some speculation that KOTOR 2 would be out until the Xbox 2 comes out and it'll be a launch title.

Before you knew anything about the official KOTOR 2, how did you always picture KOTOR 2 to be? How did you play out the plot? What newer features did you think it would have? How did you imagine the graphics? Etc....

Also now that you know plenty about KOTOR 2, what is your thoughts now? Is it more then what you expected or did you expect more?

Just like the topic says. Ever since you played KOTOR it was a given that there would be a part 2. We just didn't know when. There was even some speculation that KOTOR 2 would be out until the Xbox 2 comes out and it'll be a launch title.

Before you knew anything about the official KOTOR 2, how did you always picture KOTOR 2 to be? How did you play out the plot? What newer features did you think it would have? How did you imagine the graphics? Etc....

Also now that you know plenty about KOTOR 2, what is your thoughts now? Is it more then what you expected or did you expect more?

i expected to just continue the story from where it left off, with a few new features and such, and i think thats what we've got, and i aint dissappointed, if it aint broke dont fix it is what i say, radically redesigning the game to be more sequelish could actually alienate the fans that made it such a big hit to begin with, they are just sticking to a tried and tested formula that really works so.....im sold :p

I imagined it like it was b4 just better, more feat and force powers.

Oh wait that is how it is! :p

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I was hoping for a real radical change, like it taking place 4,000 years after episode 4.

then it would be called knights of the brand new republic :o

Dont you mean the 'Knights of the Spanking Brand New Republic' :)

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I was hoping for a real radical change, like it taking place 4,000 years after episode 4.

yep :D knights of the so new it hasnt happened yet republic, or the KotsNiHHYR: the sith lords as i like to call it :o

yep :D knights of the so new it hasnt happened yet republic, or the KotsNiHHYR: the sith lords as i like to call it :o

Thats quite a mouthful, i think what Obsidian picked was better.

Certainly easier on the mouth. :D

I must say that to a certain extent I am dissapointed with what we've gotten with TSL. Yes the core is still there like everyone says. You know, new force powers, characters, story, locations etc....That stuff there is enough alone to be good enough for the sequel. Cause KOTOR really wasn't that bad and like Darth Sirius said, if it ain't broke....don't fix it. Thats what Obsidian is doing which is okay to a certain factor.

To a certain factor? What do I mean by that you say? Yes if it ain't broke don't fix it, but just ask yourself the question....could there have been more that Obsidian could have done with KOTOR 2? Like making the timespand of the game longer by making it be 80-100 hours to complete rather then 40-50 which is REALLY short for RPG standards.

I wanna say the graphics should have been better, like Jade Empire but that would be unfair to say. Why? Cause Bioware gave Obsidian the graphics engine so in a way they had no other choice to make the graphics better, they could only enhance them which is okay and it isn't their fault.

Overall though I'm satisfied by what we're getting with TSL. New story (Darker story at that), new characters, new locations, more realistic Jedi robes, and things like that. But given the fact that Obsidian was GIVEN the sound/tools/graphics engine, I believe that had and should have taken a huge load off of Obsidian's back cause they didn't have to build a game from ground up like Bioware. GIVEN THAT FACT, I believe that there could have been more things that Obsidian could have done with TSL to make it a solid sequel, instead of a glorified expansion pack that TSL is. Cause if you think of it, the suposenly huge additions to TSL are things that are normally in expansion packs for RPGs.

Again, I'm not complaining, I'm happy with what I'm getting. I'm just saying it could have been more given Obsidians situation.

I must say that to a certain extent I am dissapointed with what we've gotten with TSL. Yes the core is still there like everyone says. You know, new force powers, characters, story, locations etc....That stuff there is enough alone to be good enough for the sequel. Cause KOTOR really wasn't that bad and like Darth Sirius said, if it ain't broke....don't fix it. Thats what Obsidian is doing which is okay to a certain factor.

To a certain factor? What do I mean by that you say? Yes if it ain't broke don't fix it, but just ask yourself the question....could there have been more that Obsidian could have done with KOTOR 2? Like making the timespand of the game longer by making it be 80-100 hours to complete rather then 40-50 which is REALLY short for RPG standards.

I wanna say the graphics should have been better, like Jade Empire but that would be unfair to say. Why? Cause Bioware gave Obsidian the graphics engine so in a way they had no other choice to make the graphics better, they could only enhance them which is okay and it isn't their fault.

Overall though I'm satisfied by what we're getting with TSL. New story (Darker story at that), new characters, new locations, more realistic Jedi robes, and things like that. But given the fact that Obsidian was GIVEN the sound/tools/graphics engine, I believe that had and should have taken a huge load off of Obsidian's back cause they didn't have to build a game from ground up like Bioware. GIVEN THAT FACT, I believe that there could have been more things that Obsidian could have done with TSL to make it a solid sequel, instead of a glorified expansion pack that TSL is. Cause if you think of it, the suposenly huge additions to TSL are things that are normally in expansion packs for RPGs.

Again, I'm not complaining, I'm happy with what I'm getting. I'm just saying it could have been more given Obsidians situation.

There is but one thing that makes me look forward to KOTOR II far above KOTOR, and it has nothing to do with Force powers, Feats, animations, graphics, or any of that:

It's being made by many of the same people who made Planescape: Torment, IMHO the best written game of all time.

Everything beyond that is gravy.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

i didnt know you could get a 40/50 hour game in an expansion pack! anyway the point is the xbox from what i have heard is probably stretched to its limits with this game, and im not blaming xbox owners because i own it for the xbox and not the pc myself, but yes you could make it bigger and better for pc but not everyone has a beefy pc, myself included, and they would be abandoning half the market who will buy TSL, just remember it is a business. anyway im not complaining im just glad to get a sequel to my fav game of all time so if it isnt exactly how we all want it thats just tough sh*t ;)

There is but one thing that makes me look forward to KOTOR II far above KOTOR, and it has nothing to do with Force powers, Feats, animations, graphics, or any of that:

It's being made by many of the same people who made Planescape: Torment, IMHO the best written game of all time.

Everything beyond that is gravy.

is this Planescape: Torment really that good? ive never ever played it but i think i may have to invest in a copy if its all that

I figured another SW game along the lines of Knights would be made and the I thought they might do something like that.*Points Up* I never really thought they'd do a sequal to Knights.

That being said...

Sith Lords looks like it's going to be a hell of a game IMO so I can't say I'm anywhere close to disappointed.

Time will tell,but it looks good to me.

Me, personally, I was hoping or expecting better fighting animations. Everybody had the same animations while fighting except for Malak. After playing the game I was hoping for animations like Malak's because it got sort of boring with the current animations, but I still play it though. After seeing the new animations of KOTOR II I am still a little worried because I still see old animations but they did promise new animations and unique stances and such. Gonna have to wait and see.

is this Planescape: Torment really that good? ive never ever played it but i think i may have to invest in a copy if its all that

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're a visceral gamer who wants awesome graphics and gripping gameplay above all else, it's probably not for you. The game is horribly outdated graphics-wise, never had particularly good combat or game balance or gameplay in general. There are huge amounts of text in the game, so that you'll spend quite a lot of time reading; if you get annoyed by lots of text, again, probably not your cup of tea.

But if you like a great story with an almost awe-inspiring amount of thought put into it, you won't find a better game out there.

It's my personal #1 favorite of all time. I wouldn't be posting on these forums right now if I had never played it. :)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

There are new animations!

Me, personally, I was hoping or expecting better fighting animations. Everybody had the same animations while fighting except for Malak. After playing the game I was hoping for animations like Malak's because it got sort of boring with the current animations, but I still play it though. After seeing the new animations of KOTOR II I am still a little worried because I still see old animations but they did promise new animations and unique stances and such. Gonna have to wait and see.

there are better animations the more skilled you get at something as far as i can make out of whats been said in the past

*crosses fingers, for the revan scorpion style :D *

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're a visceral gamer who wants awesome graphics and gripping gameplay above all else, it's probably not for you. The game is horribly outdated graphics-wise, never had particularly good combat or game balance or gameplay in general. There are huge amounts of text in the game, so that you'll spend quite a lot of time reading; if you get annoyed by lots of text, again, probably not your cup of tea.

But if you like a great story with an almost awe-inspiring amount of thought put into it, you won't find a better game out there.

It's my personal #1 favorite of all time. I wouldn't be posting on these forums right now if I had never played it. :)

hmmm i think im gonna have to check that out, i need a filler for while im waiting for TSL, but if i get addicted to that and wont leave my bedroom for years im blaming you! :)

There is really very little information on TSL right now for me to judge the game altogether. From what I have seen of it so far, I am much more pleased than disappointed.

However as to how I envisioned it or the things I'm not thrilled about: I would have preferred the PC was still Revan (thus making this a true sequel), I've always envisioned SW more fantasy than sci-fi so I would have liked to have seen that reflected a bit more (More LotR style stuff like temples, ruins, Force sorcery, creatures, etc and a little less spaceships, laser guns and robots), I would have also liked to have seen the Sith portrayed as a counterpart to the Jedi (More of a religious Order than Palpatine's Empire), I would have liked to see a few instances where the PC takes part of some large scale battles as opposed to only your little party of 3 vs everyone else. I am disappointed in Darth Sion, I prefer concepts like the masked Sith Lord over a decaying zombie. But really very little else.

In the end I'm sure I'll like TSL as much or possibly even more than the original.

I can't agree with the fantasy stuff but i agree with taking part in larger battles, like when you first arrive on the SF and u can fight along side the other jedi!

I would like to see more of that.

Maybe that might occur on Onderon (sp?), you could join a battle on the side that you have chosen to support and not control but fight along side their soldiers.

That would be sweet!

If thats what u want to do!

I'm hoping for more interaction with your fellow characters. I think there should be romance scenarios and you build up enemies or good friends from those characters and those relationships could decide how the game progresses. While KOTOR touched on some of these things I don't think it touched on them enough.

I'm also hoping for more things to do, just more overall content. It would have been nice in KOTOR to join the Sith academy or to join a bounty hunters guild or something and it could take the game in a different direction. I guess the thing for me is I want more flexibility to be able to do what I want to do and not have to be led in one or two directions all the time.

From what we've heard some of these things are going to happen, which is great if it's executed properly.