Do you like your gadets to match ?

ShadowPaladin V1.0

Lets say you have a TV, a couple of consoles, a DVD recorder , cable box and all that other stuff.

Do you want them all in the same colour ? Does it bother your sense of asthetics that cable boxes dont come in silver, and yet everything else in your home theatre is coloured silver. Would you lose sleep over it ? Would you paint the dam thing silver and hope the engineer dosnt notice.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yes, it would bother me if all my other companents were a single color and the cable box was not. Not a lot, mind you, but I'd notice, and for about two days I'd moan about it...and after that, I'd forget all about it.

Either that or I'd buy new accessories that matched the cable boxes color and use them to off-set the difference. :p

Did you ask your provider if they had different colors available?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nah, the colors dont really bother me. Everything is either black or silver anyway. My psychosis runs much deeper, all my stuff has to be from the same manufacturer. Everything in my home entertainment system is Yamaha except for the TV.

Edited by Gfted1

If my left sock matches the right one (give or take a few shades), then that's enough for me. All my gadgets are of different manufacture and "designs". Couldn't care less as long as it works well :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nah, the colors dont really bother me. Everything is either black or silver anyway. My psychosis runs much deeper, all my stuff has to be from the same manufacturer. Everything in my home entertainment system is Yamaha except for the TV.

I do the same thing. :lol: Except I still like the colours to match. It feels weird when my computer case, mouse, speakers and keyboard are all black but the moniter is beige. :huh:

Edited by Deraldin

Green or red, or both?

Colourblind males can't tell the difference.

I like to remove all trace of wires as well (plenum cabling, anyone?).

There is a war of the genders currently raging around us. It is the male/female black/silver dichotomy. Normally these two schemes do not clash (e.g. office/kitchen), but there are common areas (even though there are more square footage in the black areas), like the living room ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Colourblind males can't tell the difference.

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.

There is a war of the genders currently raging around us.

The problem with entertainment components is that they're usually placed right next to each other/ontop of each other, and thus the...flow...of the mismatched component doesn't blend. The colors may go well together, but only in the right layout/proportions of 'blending' do they provide the 'proper' impact..

At least, that's what they say on the HGtv channel shows. Since my house essentially has no interior design scheme except too much cat-hair, I wouldn't really know...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

cable boxes do come in silver. who is your provider?

NTL.

No silver cable boxes apparently.

You have a Pace box at the moment i assume. The new ones are Samsung and they are silver and smaller (they also have the faster modems). The thing is, they arent even that new, they have been around since at least last year. Good luck with trying to make NTL give you one.

You have a Pace box at the moment i assume. The new ones are Samsung and they are silver and smaller (they also have the faster modems). The thing is, they arent even that new, they have been around since at least last year. Good luck with trying to make NTL give you one.

Thanks, given the general level of cluelessness of NTL employee's I'm not that suprised. If they exist I WILL have one :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'd prefer all my stuff to be black, but I can live with mismatched stuff. I got 50 bucks off my DVD player because they had an open box one that was silver. 50 bucks was worth my DVD player not matching. I just bought 2 DVDs to go with it... Ahh, the beginning of an addiction. Started with Swordfish, now I have nearly 300 DVDs.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg