favorite part of any star wars movie

x1Predator

I really like the Luke Vs Vader fight in Empire Strikes Back. I just get the impression that Vader is an absolute badass toying with Luke and he has power we can't even imagine.

Duel of Fates is probably my favourite duel from an acrobatic point of view, plus the score...wow the score!!

I still get goosebumps during Luke's trench run. Vader's "I have you now" with the excellent music and then suddenly BOOM: "You're all clear kid! Now let's blow this thing and go home!"

Seriously...I just got goosebumps typing that.

Both mine are evil Empire moments from the first film. On balance my best would have to be "You may fire when ready". Peter Cushing made a far more terrifying and believable world destroyer than some mad cackling bearded tyrant.

The close second would be the door explodes on Leia's ship, and the stormtroopers charge in. Also, of course, the only know instance of stormtroopers winning any kind of fight in the entirety of galactic history.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I liked the entrance to spaceballs better, with spaceball one taking 10 minutes to go past the screen. and the WE BREAK FOR NOBODY bumper sticker.

A classic. I like parody movies to bad that are not that many out there.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Duel of Fates is probably my favourite duel from an acrobatic point of view, plus the score...wow the score!!

I love lightsaber fights and that has to be one of the best.

Another good one is in Stars Wars when Governor Tarkin Says "Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances." Than shortly, BOOM no more Death Star.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

there are more than you realise, they are mostly straight to video, mostly because they aren't any good.

Yeah thats what I meant, there are not many out there that are good. :luck:

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

That fight with Darth Maul. Plain awesomeness. Especially the short moment when force shields holler up and the assailants have to wait for them to lower.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Despite not being a fan of the series in any way shape or form, there are two scenes that stick out for me:

1. In the first movie, where Mr. Vader n' Co. are persuading Princess Leia to tell them the location of the rebel base.

Vader: "We will destroy your home world if you do not tell us!"

Leia: "No!"

Vader: "Yes!"

Leia: "Ok... I'll tell you....."

Vader: "Thank you. Evil Commander Guy?

Evil Commander Guy: "Yes Mr. Vader?

Vader: "Fire!"

Leia: "Wha...?"

... Always liked those beams joining to blast that planet into smithereens. Neato.

2. Return of the Jedi.... when the Emperor was frying Luke. It wasn't Vader's subsequent redemption at that point that I liked, stepping in to save his boy. That was nice, but what really made that scene fo me were the pretty lights. :D None of this pansy "lets make my tie fighter float, look how sweet my force powers are" crud, either. Lightning bolts! yeah! Zap 'im again!

Besides, I always kind of liked seeing Skywalker getting fried. Damn, I found him annoying in those movies :D He was always such a clueless n00b...

Edited by Magnum Opus

1. In the first movie, where Mr. Vader n' Co. are persuading Princess Leia to tell them the location of the rebel base. 

Actually, that was Grand Moff Tarkin (the awesome Peter Cushing), demanding the info. from Leia, then nuking her planet anyway. :) He was pointing out to Vader that she could still be persuaded, despite her resistance to the mind probe droid stuff Vader had tried.

Tarkin was a badass. :cool:

Too bad he was overconfident ...

"Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."

<KABOOM>

"Ouch."

movie_bg.jpg

He can also be seen, briefly and in a younger form, at the end of Ep.3, when Vader and the Emperor are on the bridge, staring out at the under-construction Death Star.

evil_twin.jpg

My favorite part was when Greedo shot first and all the Star Wars nerds start screaming foul.  :p

:) Han shot first.

I was under the impression that Greedo did first...his shot was horribly aimed and hit the wall...but Han ducked to the side, avoiding the bolt, and fired back...

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Actually, that was Grand Moff Tarkin (the awesome Peter Cushing), demanding the info. from Leia, then nuking her planet anyway.  :( 

I stand corrected.

I believe I mentioned that I'm not all that big a fan of the movies/setting (as in, not at all), and what I remember, I remember from when I saw them when they were in theatres a couple decades or so ago.... when I was around 7 - 10 ish, most likely. My paraphrasing of the players' lines (not to mention the basics of who-said-what) may have been a wee bit off. :D

That whole scene was just pure fun, though. :thumbsup:

I believe I mentioned that I'm not all that big a fan of the movies/setting (as in, not at all), and what I remember, I remember from when I saw them when they were in theatres a couple decades or so ago.... when I was around 7 - 10 ish, most likely.  My paraphrasing of the players' lines (not to mention the basics of who-said-what) may have been a wee bit off.  :D

That whole scene was just pure fun, though.  :thumbsup:

Yah, that's why I exuberantly recited the goodstuff about Tarkin -- I'm kinda trying to infect you with some of that fanboy fanaticism!

:D

I was under the impression that Greedo did first...his shot was horribly aimed and hit the wall...but Han ducked to the side, avoiding the bolt, and fired back...

Only in the later versions, the remakes, the re-envisioned.

Originally, Han's character clearly established his badass motif by blasting the hell out of Greedo right as he's gloating about catching Han.

He didn't believe in the Force; he was grounded in the dirty truth of his situation and wasn't afraid to kill when threatened. Which made his final moments in the original flick as the one who returned to save Luke's hide in the Death Star battle all the more important. :(

Edited by Vashanti
evil_twin.jpg

Dudes, I thought that the part when Binks' foot was stuck to the anndroid remains and he was killing bot left and right was just lol (w00t)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^The sarcasm in here is so thick I can nearly taste it! (at least I hope it sarcasm? :ph34r: )

I don't really have a favorite moment come to think of it .. although it pains* me to admit that I really liked the part where Anakin finally sucumbs to the dark side and has a little discussion with Obi-wan, resulting in a pretty good fight..

*pains me because I should like the old movies better..

Fortune favors the bald.