Mods

Gabrielle

I can see this getting a bit personal at the moment, but personally i think they all do great jobs at the moment and i know i havent got any problems with them >_<

Edited by Petay

In all seriousness, moderating is a pain. It really is. You can't help but have friends amongst the members, and so you hate having to run roughshod over their threads and posts. As a regular member, if something is offensive or stupid, you can just ignore it. As a moderator, you have to ask yourself, "is this just something that offends me personally, or is it something that a significant number of other folks will find offensive?" Conversely, sometimes, you see a thread you find genuinely funny or intelligent, but you're forced to delete it because you know that it is clearly against the forum guidelines in one way or another.

As a moderator, you're usually forced to pick your battles. Play a hammer fisted mod and the community will rightly rise up against you. If you don't take action when needed, though, you might as well not be a moderator in the first place. Meanwhile, there's no exact science on what to lock or delete. There isn't a hard, fast method to know whether you should overlook a transgression, give a friendly warning, or move to official action. They

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The search option is your friend.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The search option is your friend.

People say that a lot. imagine if the only firned a person had was juat the search option. That would be sad. :(

It is my only freind.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Reminder: If you have a problem with a moderator's actions you are to direct it to either that moderator, a different moderator, or Guildmaster, himself. You should also refrain from debating moderation policy or actions publically.

These things never turn out well.

*Grabs popcorn.*

I think it's obvious who the capable moderators are and who the "not-so-capable" moderators are... *ahem*

Ooh... I recall a couple of moderators trying to spam my dissertation thread not so long ago... and I didn't even have to ask the one moderator who sorted it out for me both times... that's not just a GOOD moderator, that's an excellent moderator :(

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

He is only excellent compared to the mods here. He is just doing his job.

Authority is.

I pretty much like all the mods here. I don't have a problem with any one of them and I do have a healthy respect for Fiona and Authority. If they have a problem with me then I expect to get a PM and if I have a problem I PM them. Treat them with a civil tongue and they will treat you with a civil tongue, even if you both disagree.