Spider-Man 3

Oerwinde

Oh, come on.  Even you have to admit Spiderman was better than a lot of the attempts to make comics into movies recently.  Heck, it's probably better than the bulk of trash Hollywood churns out each year, original ideas included!  In my humble opinion, of course.  :-

I do agree with you on the originality, though.  Hollywood has become so dependant on sequals and remakes it's pathetic.  Although I think one reason why is that a popular idea put on the screen might catch more attention and make more money than an idea nobody's heard about before.  Example: The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.  :o  But I'm not saying originality doesn't make money, just that it's probably easier for Hollywood to recycle ideas then create new ones.

I saw Spiderman with great anticipation but was totally let down by the terribly cast, production and general presentation... sure Spiderman swinging around looks pretty but Keanu with a wet t-shirt is also pretty and that requires no special computer graphics... just an old fashioned bucket... *sigh*

The way I see it is that Spiderman is no better than any other comic adaptation I've seen for a while (with the exception of some manga --> anime)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I saw Spiderman with great anticipation but was totally let down by the terribly cast, production and general presentation... sure Spiderman swinging around looks pretty but Keanu with a wet t-shirt is also pretty and that requires no special computer graphics... just an old fashioned bucket... *sigh*

The way I see it is that Spiderman is no better than any other comic adaptation I've seen for a while (with the exception of some manga --> anime)

What was wrong with the cast?

Also, Keanu is one of the worst actors ever.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Really? I thought the actors actually did a great job, especially the guy who played Norman Osborne/the Green Goblin. You want to see bad acting, just watch Daredevil or The Hulk! But that is only opinion, of course. I still think it was far better than the rest of the recent comic adaptations. The fact that he's my favorite comic book hero may have something to do with it, though. ^_^

You want to see bad acting, just watch Daredevil or The Hulk!

Or anything with Keanu in it.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm not defending Keanu's acting skills... I merely stated that he's pretty to look at :)

I can see how you rated Willem Dafoe... he's an awesome actor... but he was seriously wasted in that movie... the only reason he agreed to do that movie... MONEY!

I'm not defending Keanu's acting skills... I merely stated that he's pretty to look at  :)

I can see how you rated Willem Dafoe... he's an awesome actor... but he was seriously wasted in that movie... the only reason he agreed to do that movie... MONEY!

Dafoe is a good actor. He should have had a bigger role IMO. I'm not much of a Spiderman fan but I enjoyed it with Dafoe being the villian.

I'm not defending Keanu's acting skills... I merely stated that he's pretty to look at  :)

Thats because he is an actor. Thats his job. I'm sure you would want money for your job too, and as much as you could get. And if not, you are kidding yourself.

Thats because he is an actor. Thats his job. I'm sure you would want money for your job too, and as much as you could get. And if not, you are kidding yourself.

:rolleyes:

Spiderman 2 was a good movie, but nowhere near good enough to justify some of the rave reviews I read. It's left me a bit leery of seeing Batman Begins, though I'll probably end up renting the DVD at some point. I try to be as tolerant of the acting in this kind of movie as I can, and unless it's truly awful (Keanu) I don't notice it. Usually the dialogue is the problem at the root of bad acting in blockbuster movies.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Good rebuttle.

Aww... my sweet little Pixies...

Most quality actors (like Mr. Dafoe) usually choose to star in movies for reasons other than the money they're promised... such as a quality script, the opportunity to work with talented/respected cast and crew, etc.... however my statement was meant to highlight the fact that the said Mr. Dafoe appears to only have agreed to star in Spiderman simply because of the money he was promised for his work... nothing else :)

Aww... my sweet little Pixies...

Most quality actors (like Mr. Dafoe) usually choose to star in movies for reasons other than the money they're promised... such as a quality script, the opportunity to work with talented/respected cast and crew, etc.... however my statement was meant to highlight the fact that the said Mr. Dafoe appears to only have agreed to star in Spiderman simply because of the money he was promised for his work... nothing else  :wub:

I think Willem Defoe is at the stage in his career now where the money he recieves, for the movies he stars in, does not drive him to make movies

Kirsten Dunst would have made an awesome Gwen Stacy. Too bad they miscast her as a horrible Mary Jane.

Topher Grace would have made an awesome Peter Parker. Too bad he's Eddie Brock.

And Tobey Maguire makes a decent Peter Parker, but he's a lousy Spider-Man. He has a lousy voice for crackin' wise. Which is probably why they left that major part of SM's personality out of the movies.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

:ermm:

As for good actors turning bad, I think we need not look further than Catwoman.

which version?

The one that went from blond(hair) to brunette(hair) to black(skin tone not hair), the one that was in returns, or the one that had Halle Berre?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Kirsten Dunst would have made an awesome Gwen Stacy. Too bad they miscast her as a horrible Mary Jane.

Topher Grace would have made an awesome Peter Parker. Too bad he's Eddie Brock.

And Tobey Maguire makes a decent Peter Parker, but he's a lousy Spider-Man. He has a lousy voice for crackin' wise. Which is probably why they left that major part of SM's personality out of the movies.

I agree, Spider-Man has been completely miscast (minus Doc Ock and Harry)

but somehow it doesn't suck

So I get the general impression that nobody likes Kirsten Dunst. But looking back at the crop of female actresses available at the time, who else could Sam Raimi have picked?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Comic movies, big whoop. I've seen two worth watching so far.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You know for the longest time I thought Topher Grace was Donna (the hot redhead in the 70's show).

Batman begins is probably my favourite. I didnt really enjoy Spiderman II as much as I did the first one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I enjoyed Begins and the second X-men movie most of all. ohnoes!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Spiderman 2 was a good movie, but nowhere near good enough to justify some of the rave reviews I read.  It's left me a bit leery of seeing Batman Begins, though I'll probably end up renting the DVD at some point.  I try to be as tolerant of the acting in this kind of movie as I can, and unless it's truly awful (Keanu) I don't notice it.  Usually the dialogue is the problem at the root of bad acting in blockbuster movies.

You should see Batman Begins. I'm generally not a fan of Batman (Or DC superheroes in general) but I think Batman Begins is the best superhero movie I've seen so far.

Also, the people who keep complaining that Topher Grace is not buff enough to play Eddie Brock should keep their mouths shut or do their research. Unlike the cartoon version, the real Eddie Brock was a scrawny, skinny man.