The NBA is Back Baby

kumquatq3

I'm from North America and I don't even care about the NBA.

Then again that might be because my closest team is the laughing stock of the league (Toronto Raptors).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Btw, I thought Basketball was pretty popular in Europe?

Not as a spectator sport, at least not in my part of the world.

I only watch it at the Olympics, where it's fun to see the US losing.

Doesn't the sound of the constantly bouncing ball get on your nerves? It's worse than table tennis. :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Pretty much what Steve said. Basketball is a popular game in terms of young people playing it (to the point where it was even more popular than non-american football at my school), but Basketball isn't seen on TV in the UK outside of sattelite sports channels and the very early-morning American Sports shows on Channel 5 (if they even still do that).

Back when I was in primary, though, collecting basketball stickers for sticker books was very popular. I've been a nominal Spurs fan ever since I managed to collect the entire team when I was eleven.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Pretty much what Steve said. Basketball is a popular game in terms of young people playing it (to the point where it was even more popular than non-american football at my school), but Basketball isn't seen on TV in the UK outside of sattelite sports channels and the very early-morning American Sports shows on Channel 5 (if they even still do that).

Back when I was in primary, though, collecting basketball stickers for sticker books was very popular. I've been a nominal Spurs fan ever since I managed to collect the entire team when I was eleven.

Good for you guys. I'm with you. I'll play basketball, but watching an NBA game ranks right up there with watching a MLB game as far as the chances of me ending up falling asleep are concerned, and as far as college goes, I only take an interest in the tournament when it's down to around the final sixteen or so, unless I happen to be in a pool. I usually let the woman fill in the brackets, though, and she tends to do it based solely on names/states she likes, and often ends up doing pretty well.

I dont like sports that dont involve violence :luck:

..and thats why Im in training to become a cagefighter :("

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Full contact chess ? :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't think either the Spurs or the Heat will win this year. Dwayne Wade is better then Lebron atleast so far, it will be interesting to see how that plays out during the year now that Lebron has more talent around him. Even though the Cavs don't really have a great team make up, they are after all in the Eastern Conference and that should be enough for the NBA to get its wish of Lebron in the playoffs.

Also Minnesota still has the best player on the planet with K.G., they should be a bit better on defense, but will still have all kinds of touble scoring. A mid-season trade and they could make the playoffs, the question is, does anyone want Wally Szerbiak?

Dallas looks a bit better defensively, but as long as 4s and 5s continue to eat Dirk's lunch nothing close to a championship will ever appear in Dallas.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Sorry guys. It's Miami all the way.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Wally is a liability defensively, but then you guys have Nocioni, I like him alot, he's got 6 fouls and knows how to use them.

As for Yao I think he'll score alot more this year, to the tune of around 22 a game, but he doesn't seem to have the movement or jumping ability to be a dominate rebounder. Where as he'll be able to dominate the side of the basket he's on, he'll never be able move quickly from one side to the other to get the tough boards. As a Houston fan I was really spoiled during the Hakeem Olajuwon era as far as center play goes. The key to Houston seems to be in the hands of Stromile Swift, if he can score from mid-range and rebound opposite Yao, then the Rockets will go far. Tim Duncan doesn't like guarding Swift because of quickness and leaping ability, and they still have to contain Yao with the likes of Nazr Mohommed and Rasho Nesterovic, pretty week for the best team in the league. Thats the Spurs weakness guarding centers, and Bruce Bowen draws alot of fouls when guarding the T-Macs, and Kobes because simply he's a dirty player. Last year when Vince Carter wanted to clock him I was all for it.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.