KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

How about some more one-on-one fights with meaningful opponents

Huh? Have you ever played a KotOR game? Malak, Kreia, Sion, Nihilius(sp?), The Twin Suns (2 vs 1), Darth Bandon...

Darth brandon had two sith with him not to mention your NPC's at your side. Nihilus... c'mon three on one when probably my Exile was to much for him. The twins? i said meaningful.

How about some more one-on-one fights with meaningful opponents

Huh? Have you ever played a KotOR game? Malak, Kreia, Sion, Nihilius(sp?), The Twin Suns (2 vs 1), Darth Bandon...

Darth brandon had two sith with him not to mention your NPC's at your side. Nihilus... c'mon three on one when probably my Exile was to much for him. The twins? i said meaningful.

What about the Jedi Masters?

Bloodlines is an action rpg. GTA with vampires and lots of talking. Although making a SW based action rpg isnt completely stupid.

I tend to agree.

After all the movies are all about action.

I think a starwars game made like bloodlines would work well :(

Of course it would, especially if it used the Source Engine.

Also, better ranged combat would be really nice.  That's another thing K2 didn't really improve on.  >_<

Well, there are some good reasons to tone down ranged combat on the lower-end but I think it would be good if they reintroduced the Heavy Weapon feat tree and that only a Soldier can buy into.....and some KICK BUTT Heavy Weapons.

Also, better ranged combat would be really nice.  That's another thing K2 didn't really improve on.  :huh:

Well, there are some good reasons to tone down ranged combat on the lower-end but I think it would be good if they reintroduced the Heavy Weapon feat tree and that only a Soldier can buy into.....and some KICK BUTT Heavy Weapons.

What kind of improvements on ranged combat?

In Kotor II you have:

Superb upgrades:

pinpoint scopes / pure rylith power cells / high damage chambers / Massive criticals etc. etc,

Feats:

Precise Shot I to V

Those even more improved two weapon fighting feats for the Sith Marauder / Jedi Weapons Master or Sneak Attack for the Sith Assasin / Jedi Watchman.

Equipment:

Quiet a large selection of Blasters / Rifles, Dexterity upgrades like Aratech Echo Belt, Improved Automation gloves, Target Assesor, Quickness D-Package, Baran Do Adept robe.

Uhhh, Hyper Adrenal Alacrity, Echani Battle stimulant

What more do you want?

I just completed without ever using a lightsaber.

Master Vandar lives!

What more do you want?

DISPRUPTORS KILL! Or at least they should. The errata states that

disruptors ignore energy shields and it states that disruptors warp the target

at the molecular level. And yet it takes several blasts to dispatch a common trooper with those things.

PROPOSED SOLUTION: bring back Heavy Weapons feats....only a Soldier can take Heavy Weapons feats (this is, obviously, to provide balance in a game that is focused on melee combat).....Heavy Weapons guys actually have power backpacks that they plug the weapon into and such backpacks are expensive to maintain....if you get hit with a fully-charged Mandalorian Heavy Disruptor Canon, then there is a good change that you will be VAPORIZED....yeah, that's right....in addition to powerful disruptors, I would like to see a Heavy Weapons Soldier be able to use flame throwers, cryogenic canons, plasma canons, etc.

Master Speed does not seem to add to attacks in terms of the Charric each turn for the PC also. (I only managed to get one attack)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

One hit/shot kill weapons are not good for game balance  >_<

I agree that it would be tricky to implement....that is why I think you should have to burn a bunch of feat slots to wield such a weapon and also maintain it.

Now, let us say you actually hit someone with that thing.....20% chance of vaporization....that could work.

But come on, flame throwers? they are already in the game except only droids can use them. Same thing with cryogenic blasts. What about grenade throwers? Mortars? Plasma canons? Laser sniper rifles (as in the kind that actually kill)? Yes, I want these things.

Balanced is obtained with mandatory feats and possibly taking an initiative penalty.

Edited by Plano Skywalker

Really dont see the big deal. Not much in KOTOR could survive a lightsaber flurry anyway.

The easiest way to make those weapons fun is to have more enemies. Of course if you vaporise someone, their stuff should be vaporised too. Overuse it and your going to be passing up a lot of stuff.

Having reinforcements show up from semi random locations is a good way to keep the playere on their toes.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Really dont see the big deal. Not much in KOTOR could survive a lightsaber flurry anyway.

The easiest way to make those weapons fun is to have more enemies. Of course if you vaporise someone, their stuff should be vaporised too. Overuse it and your going to be passing up a lot of stuff.

Having reinforcements show up from semi random locations is a good way to keep the playere on their toes.

Awesome idea. This could also eliminate the random item generator. Vaporizing enemies...just the thought gives me hopes for a good game.

Edit: Obsidian made an attempt at the reinforcement thing on Dxun in Freedon Nadds tomb. On the way to the three masters, some reinforcements arrived with bomas.

Edited by Akhan225

I want the ability to create my own custom droid :-

Me too! Create another droid like HK-47 but better and more psychotic. :o

I want the ability to affect players minds: made them become more psychotic (or even neurotic), either slowly in a conversation-based interaction, or with a blast of energy in a combat interaction, so that they become increasingly unstable:

• meglomaniacal: attack everyone to become the ruler of the galaxy
  • psychotic: attack everyone because killing is fun
  • multiple personality: attack everyone because the voices told them to
  • neurotic: attack everyone with a large vat of industrial cleaning agents, to remove the dirt
  • paranoid: attack
    • everyone, before they are attacked, or
    • attack themselves, because life is too depressing to go on

[*]etc

Imagine giving an entire group of enemies acute suicidal depression? They would all immedaitely stop fighting because it was too much effort, and pointless anyway ...

;)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I want the ability to create my own custom droid ;)

Me too! Create another droid like HK-47 but better and more psychotic. :-

I want the ability to affect players minds: made them become more psychotic (or even neurotic), either slowly in a conversation-based interaction, or with a blast of energy in a combat interaction, so that they become increasingly unstable:

• meglomaniacal: attack everyone to become the ruler of the galaxy

• psychotic: attack everyone because killing is fun

• multiple personality: attack everyone because the voices told them to

• neurotic: attack everyone with a large vat of industrial cleaning agents, to remove the dirt

• paranoid: attack
    • everyone, before they are attacked, or
    • attack themselves, because life is too depressing to go on

[*]etc

Imagine giving an entire group of enemies acute suicidal depression? They would all immedaitely stop fighting because it was too much effort, and pointless anyway ...

:)

I've always favored your ideas. :o

One hit/shot kill weapons are not good for game balance  :o

I agree that it would be tricky to implement....that is why I think you should have to burn a bunch of feat slots to wield such a weapon and also maintain it.

Now, let us say you actually hit someone with that thing.....20% chance of vaporization....that could work.

But come on, flame throwers? they are already in the game except only droids can use them. Same thing with cryogenic blasts. What about grenade throwers? Mortars? Plasma canons? Laser sniper rifles (as in the kind that actually kill)? Yes, I want these things.

Balanced is obtained with mandatory feats and possibly taking an initiative penalty.

What I always thought was barmy was the fact that any PC throwing a grenade would automatically hit their target, unless the target physically moved to a new location in between the throw and the impact of the munition.

That might need a bit of tweakery ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT