KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

That's very general... I meant more along the lines of whom the actual threat is going to be? I've heard different hypothesis of the actual species or just another sith empire flourishing in the outer rim. I would like to know what your guys take on the "true sith" which of course Kriea uses as a narrative technique :huh:

I don't qute like the "Mandalrian Wars" idea. I perfer to have new action where you character alters what is going to happen to you, your party members, and the galaxy. The one behind the scenes during these warsis Revan and probably the Exile and someone else. This proposal doesn't give any REAL importance to your character. You are probably going to be just another mindless Revan follower. In the LS ending you are going to die at Malachor V and in the DS ending you are going to be converted into a Sith Assasin or someting similar. Is that what you want to happen to your character? I doubt it.

I an TOTALY against the idea of having a Jedi Master to give you quests. First, there are no jedi masters left(unless the events are set about 75 years after K2, which is awful in my opinion), and second, the game's storyline will become too similar to Jedi Acadmy's storyline. In both cases the results are going to be dreadful and the game will suck.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

The "master storytellers" of Obsidian didn't make continuation for the game any easier, especially with the darkside ending having pretty much all the Jedi dead.

I admit I was actually excited to hear K2 would be a direct sequal of K1. Looking back though, I realize that it was a mistake, that K1 didn't need a sequal, and that attempting to explain more of Revan's character only made him less of your character. And the way they wrote him off was just lazy.

But now that K2 pretty much needs a sequal, LA is going to have a heck of a time as far as continuing the story. Especially if they try to introduce a new main PC for the game.

It is basically trying to cram things that have been previously left out into a concluding game.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

To me, it is all right that Obsidian made Revan some kind of personality and that it didn't make him "your own" personality. About the plan "Mandalorian Wars", I strongly disagree with that. It would be far better if they continue the story to a concluding no. 3 and explain what happened in the Mandalorian wars than to go back to something that has allready happened.

Besides, if you then play Revan or the Exile, or why not, Malak. You allready know what would happen!

Revan / Malak will fall to the DS. The Exile will fight alongside them but returns to the Jedi as the only one. Revan also knows how to find the Star Forge, We know the location of the star maps. We also know what Malachor V looks like.

No, bad idea. Not that I worry about it because I am sure it wouldn't happen.

Master Vandar lives!

Well, Revan and the Exile might be continued to be described through dialogue. K3 might follow through from where Carth left off with something being behind the Mandalorian Wars which might make the involvement of Revan and the Exile diminitive as to what remains to be discovered that might make it important in a determination of how the PC takes the dark side or light side path and hence its story. Also, it might include how someone who understands the basis of that conflict utilises it against the Republic and Jedi. A concept of how summoning Sith Lords that have long been laid to rest are resurrected has yet to occur in a Kotor game. (SW: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy had this with Marka Ragnos)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

The "master storytellers" of Obsidian didn't make continuation for the game any easier, especially with the darkside ending having pretty much all the Jedi dead. 

I admit I was actually excited to hear K2 would be a direct sequal of K1.  Looking back though, I realize that it was a mistake, that K1 didn't need a sequal, and that attempting to explain more of Revan's character only made him less of your character.  And the way they wrote him off was just lazy. 

But now that K2 pretty much needs a sequal, LA is going to have a heck of a time as far as continuing the story.  Especially if they try to introduce a new main PC for the game.

Yeah, I think it is safe to say that when K1 was conceptualized, it was intended as a stand-alone game and not part of a proper trilogy. Now, I'm sure they envisioned other titles in the series, but not "true sequels" in the sense of the same story arch.

The cut content of K2 seems to suggest that Obsidian had originally conceptualized K2 as a stand-alone story. But, at some point (perhaps at the prodding of LA), it was changed to a cliffhanger of some kind.

The reason they pretty much had to open it back up is the die-hard fans want everything to be about Revan. K3 needs to wrap up the Revan story, whether or not Revan is PC (I doubt very seriously Revan will be the PC).

Why Everyone likes Revan better? So, recieving a medal makes his/her deed more important than The Exile's deeds???????

No, the KotOR games should NOT be focused around Revan. If that were so, the main character of K2 had to be Revan, and not the Exile. The part of Revan should be almost over as a main character, and the same goes for the Exile. For the same reason the main character in K3 should be someone new, no Revan, nor exile, nor anyone with main part in the previous two games.

And NO, I have NOTHING against Revan. In K1 I AM Revan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just say the Exile also needs to be apreciated.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

For the same reason the main character in K3 should be someone new, no Revan, nor exile, nor anyone with main part in the previous two games.

I agree with this statement, yes. And for fun I am currently working on a storyline for Kotor III who hasn't been in Kotor I pr II and (maybe, (trying to figure out what is better and most logical)) has no ties to Revan or the Exile.

Master Vandar lives!

Bow before the REAL Revan, mortals!! >_<

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

Alright now, the joke is over. Let us get on topic, shall we?

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

Ahh yes. Has it been mentioned we would like to have hooded robes. :-"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Many times :D.

But yes, i definatly agree, hooded robes would add a great effect of atmosphere into the game, especially if the hood were up on a Sith Lord when walking into a cantina or enemy base :-. It's obviously not the top of my list of desires for the game, but it would add a nice touch...

I want my character to look cool in a hooded robe like young Darth Vader. :-

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester