What is your Xmen II dream team?

Bought this on friday and to be honest finding it kind of dull. We enjoyed the first one, but even multiplayer this one dosnt seem to grab. Got upto chapter III and so far the only time anyone has died is by accidently flying off the map.

Probably going to be returing it but before we do , what characters did you find interesting and why ?

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Bought this on friday and to be honest finding it kind of dull. We enjoyed the first one, but even multiplayer this one dosnt seem to grab. Got upto chapter III and so far the only time anyone has died is by accidently flying off the map.

Probably going to be returing it but before we do , what characters did you find interesting and why ?

I thought it was great fun. The controls were a bit awkward (PC version) but that's only to be expected.

It was very easy in the beginning though, but it got harder from chapter 3 and onwards.

My team was: Cyclops, Wolverine, Iceman and Rogue with Rogue being the character I played (except when I needed the other's powers to solve puzzles).

I had Storm instead of Iceman for a long time, but he got swapped in because he could both do bridges and put out fires.

Juggernaut - He talks so much smack it is difficult not to include him. He is my tank.

Magneto - Has leadership and can build bridges. His powers get crazy later on.

Cyclops - Has leadership also so I can get double combo bonuses. Nice range combat.

Scarlet Witch - Great support character. I especially love turning enemies into crates!

Those tend to be my main team. I try and mix things up in the Danger Room. Fun game.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

for the most part:

Wolverine: Scrapper king of the world... anyone who dissagrees needs to get their eyes checked.

Colossus/Juggernaut: these two are exact duplicates so it really depends on weather or not I want a Brotherhood on my team.

Bishop: nice for blasting, prince of range.

Magneto/Jean/storm: Mainly jean because she not only builds bridges but she is able to hit buttons and activate things from a long way off.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm still playing the first one...seems a little repetitive but still fun. I like playing wolverine, but I'm not that good with the 'casters' really.

Any suggestions? And also, is Rogue any good (to play) in XL1?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

only her southern smash actually does damage, and it's a copy of colossus' basic power. Use colossus as your tanker and have wolverine, nightcrawler and, Cycke in your team. (that's how I did it anyway.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, is flying worth investing the points?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Rogue is first on my not-used-Xman-in-this-game-of-all-time list. She really is pathetic. Her attacks are slow, and barely do enough damage compared to characters like Gambit (who is pretty weak).

Oh wait...I just remember how i never used Jubilee. Her powers were stupid enough, but what was with the colour clash? That yellow jacket SO did not go with that hair.

P.S Storm is definitely the most powerful character in XL1.

P.P.S Does anyone know how often Blockbusters get new games in? I went there yesterday and they still don't have legends 2. I'll try again this week and if not....then i'll be forced to use E-bay :blink:

(To the post above)

I hear that after a characters focus is leveled up a bit, then flying wont cost a thing, even on the first level. Thats in XL2 but if you mean 1, then it's pretty handy at times. Once you level up a bit then it won't cost much on highest upgrade. Your focus bar will actually recharge faster than the points your flight takes off it. It's much faster than walking, and you can reach certain areas. Also useful for carrying team mates across big gaps.

(To the post above)

I hear that after a characters focus is leveled up a bit, then flying wont cost a thing, even on the first level. Thats in XL2 but if you mean 1, then it's pretty handy at times. Once you level up a bit then it won't cost much on highest upgrade. Your focus bar will actually recharge faster than the points your flight takes off it. It's much faster than walking, and you can reach certain areas. Also useful for carrying team mates across big gaps.

I'd hope it would help avoid melee combat, as well (most of the time)

I mean, can you use any other powers while flying? Like, can storm reign lightning down from above? While where at it, how exactly do you fly? (I'm at work so I can't mess around with it any)

So Magneto, we meet again!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm still playing the first one as well.  I find it difficult.  Rogue and Wolverine combine for the Fastball Special.  Aside from that... ;)

Works with Colossus as well. :wub:

Incidently, we're all using Hard level difficutly for XL2, right? In XL1, the difficutly automatically increased with the amount of controllers plugged-in. :D

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

I had Storm instead of Iceman for a long time, but he got swapped in because he could both do bridges and put out fires.

storm can put out fires with her whirlwind

But not build bridges, right? Or did I miss that? I knew she could put out fires (but I had built her up with lightning instead of wind so I'd have to respecialize) but wanted a character that did both.

Rogue was good in XL2. I can't say about XL1 since I haven't played that, but Southern Smash wasn't the only thing that did damage. I liked to play her because she was versatile. She wasn't the best tank, but she could hold her own and she had a few complimentary things going on as well (Flight, Heal). I never did get Power Theft to work though.

Storm cant build bridges. I've been using her with maxed whirlwind(for level) and wind mastery and aside from bosses nothing stays on the ground very long.

There are a couple of puzzles only rouge seems to be able to solve. Requiring flight and strength.

The game really gives off too much of a fantasy vibe. Too many caves, temples and stuff like that and not enough city.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You'll never take me alive Magneto!

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

^Elaborate a bit, will you? That's like the sixth time. Is it some long running quote joke? Something I'm off the loop of?

Oh, and as for dream team; I haven't played the game and therefore I can add in team members not featured in it. Lucky me! :lol: So my choices would be; Logan for the tanking, Kurt for flanking, Chamber for artillery and Banshee for flight and puzzle stuff.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^Elaborate a bit, will you? That's like the sixth time. Is it some long running quote joke? Something I'm off the loop of?

You and everyone else on the forum is "off the loop of" it.

SO what is it?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You'd like that wouldn't you?