Peragus/Taris preference

It is still more possible than all that invisible-for-everyone Kreia crap.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Actually, not really. That is a known Sith ability. Unless you think Palpatine being able to walk around a nest of Jedi is impossible too. Oh wait, he does that.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That is a sith ability. Allows the sith person to cloud the thoughts enough to render a person invisible. The senses just doesn't perceive their pressence.

Bastilla at the time didn't have this ability and last I checked the Sith have a good communication set up that the woman would show up on their most wanted list which would be constantly updated within the HUD in their helmets.

Actually, not really. That is a known Sith ability. Unless you think Palpatine being able to walk around a nest of Jedi is impossible too. Oh wait, he does that.

Actually, that is a little bit incorrect.

Palpatine just was a Senator, everybody SAW him, they just didn't knew he was all evil and Sith and such...

It's not like:

"Hey, we all make a Clone Army due to an Empty Seat in the middle of the Senate talking to us" :blink:

Actually, that is a little bit incorrect.

Palpatine just was a Senator, everybody SAW him, they just didn't knew he was all evil and Sith and such...

It's not like:

"Hey, we all make a Clone Army due to an Empty Seat in the middle of the Senate talking to us"  :blink:

It's not incorrect at all. He was a Sith the entire time he was a senator, unless you want to argue that he only became a Sith and had access to the Dark Side AFTER he revealed himself in Episode III.

The fact that he was able to mask his DS presence in the very heart of the Jedi Order shows how Sith can mask their presence.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You can't compare Jedi/Sith from different eras becouse they are too diversed. Please take a look into Tales of the Jedi Companion to know the specific of the force users 4000 years ago.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Mask his presence = True

He was Sith all along = True

Point I tried to make, everybody could see him during that = True...

That's because he wanted them to. Kreia didn't.

Palpatine needed them to see him in order to carry out his ruse as a legitimate Senator. Being seen was a big part of his deception.

Kreia could mask both her presence AND her physical body because she didn't need to be seen in those instances. Being invisible was a big part of her deception.

In both cases they had the ability to "hide" as much of themselves as they wanted.

You can't compare Jedi/Sith from different eras becouse they are too diversed. Please take a look into Tales of the Jedi Companion to know the specific of the force users 4000 years ago.

Obviously you can compare them. What makes your TotJ more "correct" than what we saw and is acknowledged in KOTOR2?

Even if you think of it logically, considering that the Sith seemed to be MORE powerful back in those days, I can't see how the "new" Sith were the ones that learned how to make themselves invisible while the powerful Sith like Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun, etc. didn't have a clue how to do that.

Yeah, but it's just rediculous to have Kreia right in front of Master Vrook and not have him notice her. Same goes for any other Jedi Master. It's just as bad as having Bastila walk around Taris unnoticed by Sith. And don't even try that crap about "masking her presence". That ability doesn't make her invisible, it just hides her presence in the force, making it impossible for others to detect her through the force.

Obviously you can compare them. What makes your TotJ more "correct" than what we saw and is acknowledged in KOTOR2?

Even if you think of it logically, considering that the Sith seemed to be MORE powerful back in those days, I can't see how the "new" Sith were the ones that learned how to make themselves invisible while the powerful Sith like Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun, etc. didn't have a clue how to do that.

You can't compare prequel Jedi and TOTJ Era Jedi. Palpatine was acting in different times when Jedi were weaker and less insightful.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

That's because he wanted them to.  Kreia didn't.

Palpatine needed them to see him in order to carry out his ruse as a legitimate Senator.  Being seen was a big part of his deception.

Kreia could mask both her presence AND her physical body because she didn't need to be seen in those instances.  Being invisible was a big part of her deception.

In both cases they had the ability to "hide" as much of themselves as they wanted.

Wait, so Palpatine could make himself "invisible" to Jedi. Why didn't he used it to sneak attack an seat on Yoda?

Or stab Luke in the back on the Second Death Star?

Become invisible when Mace Windu entered the room, untill Anakin arrived?

Walk into the Jedi Temple and kill all the Younglings himself while unnoticable (or if it is a "known sith technique", why didn't Anakin?)

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I don't see the resemblence between Sideous' "Mask Power" and Kreia's "Total Invisibility".

BTW, If it is a known power for Sith, say one place (besides Kotor2) where a Sith used this...

Edited by Battlewookiee

He didn't say Palpatine could turn invisible.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

He said "hide".

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It could also be thought of as hiding your alighnment to the force. But maybe you are right and thats what he meant.

Wait, so Palpatine could make himself "invisible" to Jedi. Why didn't he used it to sneak attack an seat on Yoda?

Walk into the Jedi Temple and kill all the Younglings himself while unnoticable (or if it is a "known sith technique", why didn't Anakin?)

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I don't see the resemblence between Sideous' "Mask Power" and Kreia's "Total Invisibility".

BTW, If it is a known power for Sith, say one place (besides Kotor2) where a Sith used this...

As pixie said, I didn't say invisible in the "oooohhh you can't see me cos I'm a ghost!!!". He hid his true self from the Jedi, thus making his Sith origins "invisible" to them.

It's the same as what Kreia did. She used the Sith teachings to cloud people's perceptions so it's as if she was actually "invisible" to them even though she's standing right in front of them. Just the same way Palpatine could ooze evil but not be detected by the Jedi Council.

edit: sorry for the harshness. But that happens when you anally rape what I was saying into something I didn't say. ;)

Edited by GhostofAnakin

Thats a pretty good movie.

Yeah, but it's just rediculous to have Kreia right in front of Master Vrook and not have him notice her.  Same goes for any other Jedi Master.  It's just as bad as having Bastila walk around Taris unnoticed by Sith.  And don't even try that crap about "masking her presence".  That ability doesn't make her invisible, it just hides her presence in the force, making it impossible for others to detect her through the force.

It's funny how people can easily accept that Palpatine can mask his Force alignment from some of the greatest Jedi Masters ever, but can't fathom that a Sith Lord can take it a step further and mask not only their presence but their physical being too.

This is fantasy, people. Maybe Obsidian expanded on Palpatine's ability to make Kreia appear powerful. How is that not "realistic" in a universe where laser swords and talking carpets are real?

Sometimes I think people just bitch about how "unrealistic" things are because they disliked TSL, rather than because it truly is unrealistic.

Hypothetical question: If GL had Sidious do this in the movie, would you still say "OMG that's so unrealistic" or would you accept it as a power that Sith Lords were capable of?

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Palpatines plan was not just to kill yoda, he wanted to corrupt everybody. C'mon, you knew that! sometimes i think knowledge makes itself invisible to you guys.

jk, if you couldn't already tell, or is that invisible to you too?