Just Beat the Game

Wait.. so the bug is in the cave, when the vision of kriea asks if you side with her or your allies? Thats the only kreia dialouge i can think of... dammit i need to play korriban again now to try and find this bug, i've never heard of the "epathy is dead" route...

As I recall it it's if you play dark side and side with Kreia that she just refuses to disappear. You can do it 100 times over and she never fades away like the other people in the cave, so you literally have to go with "apathy (what's epathy?) is death" or side with the others (which is the "LS" way).

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

either I'm doing it wrong or she's just disappearing because she's supposed to in my game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

As I recall it it's if you play dark side and side with Kreia that she just refuses to disappear. You can do it 100 times over and she never fades away like the other people in the cave, so you literally have to go with "apathy (what's epathy?) is death" or side with the others (which is the "LS" way).

Aaah, i see now. Normally i side with kreia but playing Light Side, and after the 3rd time of the same conversation she dissapears.

same thing for me. that's what I meant anyway

hold on... I got a 103? It may be small to the others but I never thought I'd post that much...

Guess I'm more of a newbie then I thought...

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I beat the game into a pulp and it was so beaten that if games were humans then this game would have all its bones broken and it would be so disfigured that you would henry ralph because you've never seen something so beaten so badly. Too bad i never put the game into the xbox.. i just ripped it to shreds before then... but i sure did beat it.

Anyway, when I went up to the Kreia ghost-vision-apparition in the cave I was able to get through and recieve light side points. What i did was i told her that she was evil because of all the things she had done, but then she says something like,"so you won't give me a chance?" and then i chose the option like,"everyone deserves redemption, i will help you down that path" or something like that. And there ya go, light side points by helping Kreia kill everyone else. But my favorite response is the one where you say,"i don't care, this is all fake." and then they freak out at you like it matters a lot and say,"apathy is death." and then try to kill you.

i thought that was funny, because apathy is not death. apathy in some cases can help you through things, like if you are apathetic about the quality of work you do at school when the work is stupid busywork. If you care about every single thing then you are going to be overwhelmed with buttloads of work. but thats just my personal experience. I guess if you were totally apathetic then it would be bad, but now i am just rambling about morals... so.. nevermind...

Edited by Blank

If the bosses aren't good or impossibly tough, then it kindof sucks. If you beat them easier than, for exemple, the tank droid (at the level you were when you faced it) then the game is unworthy. (more or less)

Ex: Spider-Man 2: last boss: god itself is trying to kill you... (doc ock in reality but he's unbeatable or nearly, at least)

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

If the bosses aren't good or impossibly tough, then it kindof sucks. If you beat them easier than, for exemple, the tank droid (at the level you were when you faced it) then the game is unworthy. (more or less)

Ex: Spider-Man 2: last boss: god itself is trying to kill you... (doc ock in reality but he's unbeatable or nearly, at least)

It's a bit of a balancing act and since you cant really factor in the ability of the player its always going to be hit or miss.

The boss fight in Skies of Arcadia legends took me upwards of 3 hourrs and was multipart. It was a heck of a fight which took every trick in the book and then some and which left the party totally exhausted and near death. In a word EPIC.

However imagine if I had lost.... Would I really want to face another 3 hour titanic battle?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I was always bother that it was just "another battle" after getting so far, to end the game by a simple battle, it was a bit of an anticlimax.

I'd like to have a better end battle. Imagine if the traus core had started to collapse around you and kriea battling, you and her force-jump to opposite cliff faces and have a bit of rively banter, maybe a short cut scene of her force-throwing rocks and boulders at you or maybe bolts of lightening too. Then a large rock falls and bridges the gap between your two cliff faces, you run to meet each other in the middle of the rock and continue battling.

After a good lightsaber duel kriea force-pushes you backwards towards away from the rock and back to the cliff face, then the rock bridging the gap starts to crack, she runs to join you on your cliff face and another battle commences, the force pushes you again and you nearly fall off the cliff face, a cut scene of you hanging by one hand, as kriea shouts and curses at you to get up, that she is not finished with you yet (basicly taunting you into climbing back up and fighting her). She force jumps to a larger flat area again and you climb up and jump over to it too, another lightsaber battle and this time you lop off her other hand.

Then it should be a cut-scene of her on her knees, apparantly defeated.

LS: you refuse to strike her down, she gets angry and stand back up

DS: you say something along the lines of killing her, and she says something about showing true power.

Kriea stand up, and summons the 3 floating lightsabers for you to battle against etc etc... you know the rest.

Now wouldnt that have been an awesome ending? it wouldnt have even been *that* hard to script. But i'm rambing and being a tad off topic... so excuse me.

Even though i'm a light sider my character would be denched in blood. i prefered the lightsaber or a vibrosword then force power i used them but not as much. my saying is if it moves kill it and if it doesn't move kill it anyway. to bad i couldn't GOTO. it's funny in kotor one i facied a good rifle over close quarter combat. but now i cann't bring myself to use a rifle or blaster.

Force storm is a good way to kill. Fry them! They need some fire based force powers though.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Force storm is cool but overpowered. You literally have to resist the haunting urge to fry everyone with it just because you can.

But electricution is fun. Playing the part of darkside is having fun at someone else's expense. :ermm:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It will be better if these powers are not a tool o'MASSS destruction. Still, your idea for draining vitality is quite good.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]