Getting up early in the morning

Atreides

Since we've done everything but answer your question, Atreides, let me share some usefull knowledge that I've figured out from fifteen years of shift work.

1. Go to bed early.

2. Stay away from naps.

3. Avoid things like coffee, carbonated beverages and such at least two hours before going to bed.

I would say that if you're sleeping through the buzzer of your alarm clock, switch to the radio. If that doesn't work, try cranking the volume on your ac. That works for me a lot.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Also stop with the crank, meth and the like. It interferes with a natural sleep cycle. Or alternate wuth downers.

Yep, uppers and downers are GREAT together.

I'm going to be such a a great parent.

Relax. I'm not going to advocate drugs to my kid.

Your attitude worries us on how young Zoe will grow up there Ender...

I find that to wake up early you just have to stay up for a long time until at about 8 pm you collapse from exhaustion and sleep. then set an alarm and you'll be fine.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I did it again last night. Came home tired and had a giant ****ing mega-meal to my name. Got all drowsy and thought I'd go to bed early, but not after I'd had some Cola (don't, okay). Then I'm lying there with my eyes wide open and fall asleep at 2 am, only to get up at seven. I hate me sometimes.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I put my alarm clock on the other side of my room, this way when it goes off..I've gotta get up to shut it off.

I tried that once. It didn't work. I just ended up climbing back into bed, because it was cold out. "Just a couple minutes to warm up" and bam, asleep in 30 seconds. :-"

So besides stimulants, anything else you should avoid right before going to bed in order to get a good sleep? :p

So besides stimulants, anything else you should avoid right before going to bed in order to get a good sleep? :p

Playing video games. That sometimes gets me pumped up and makes it harder to fall asleep. Last night was an exception, but that was only because I was so tired anyway. :-

That said, I am in no way, shape, or form a morning person.

Edited by Mothman

I don't need an alarm clock. I have an extremely annoying morning person of a girlfriend.

My ex had the annoying habit of setting her alarm two hours before she had to work ( at six in the morning) and then pressing the snooze button for an hour and a half. I'm a light sleeper who would be wide awake after the first time it went off.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

That's actually one of the worst things you can do, the snooze button routine.

Place your alarm clock across the room, if possible. If it's really not waking you up, use a computer-based one with a metal track or something as the alarm, and pump your speakers all the way up. When I'm really worried that I won't make it up in the morning, I use Cordero - Vamos Nenas. Not metal, and it's in Spanish, and when it goes off at full volume, it definitely wakes you up.

Actually getting out of bed is the key, and if you have to physically get up to turn off your alarms, that's the best start.

You can function on a lot less sleep than you think.