The hunt continues....

Hildegard

Well. This has disentegrated nicely. Nothing like a bunch of bigoted anti-American hate mongering with my morning coffee. It's particularly enjoyable when spewed by a mod.

Battlewookie: Was that detailed, quoted dialogue from a newspaper article, which you first claimed, or a television documentary, which you later claimed. Perhaps it was merely an embellished paraphrase produced from your own fertile imagination fueled by your obvious and utter hatred of not only my country, but apparently of every one of its 290 million inhabitants. You say this is a political discussion. It's not. It has become a national flamefest.

Folks on this board can discuss disagreements in ideology without hurling the crap about "Americans are this [insert insult]" and "Americans think that [insert insult]" and "[insert random insulting generalization about Americans"].

If the words "Blacks" or "Jews" or heaven forbid, "Europeans" were substituted for the word "Americans" in this unpleasant little hate-fest, I suspect the resulting furor would shake the forum to its core. How would some of you feel to continually see comments like, "The choice of words is moronic and only help to increase the "we" and "them" mentality that's so inbred in the European mentality", or "Shooting people who MIGHT shoot at you... I couldn't have worded European-murder any better..." (unless y'all don't think putting 8 bullets into the brain of someone who MIGHT blow up a tube train counts as murder)... "And Eurpeans also execute... " (Srebenicia, anyone?)"

The list goes on, but you get the idea. Inflammatory, insulting, unsupported hateful rhetoric does not a political discussion make.

Have a nice day.

Sure, cops could do that. But would they do that with random citizens? Would they start molesting if the person wouldn't understand them (doesn't speak/understand English)?

And later pushing out the camera crew because they wanted to do some stuff that wouldn't look all that good taped and such?

Well, let me put it this way: randomly selecting people to interrogate is extremely inefficient, and gives you absolutely no useful information. Just as the cops don't randomly search houses without a reason for thinking there might be a need, nor do US forces in Iraq randomly wander into civilians' houses unless they believe they might be involved in something they're not supposed to be. We don't have the resources to search everybody.

Who talks about Abu Ghraib alone? CIA camps, Guatamala Bay, several other Iraqi prisons, interrogations in the "suspects" own houses...

I'm getting tired of this. There are investigations ALL...THE...TIME into allegations of abuse. All the time. People lose their jobs and their careers over mistreating prisoners or suspects. If it's systematic policy to torture and execute people all over the place, why are so many servicemen and women getting jailtime for doing so?

I am on the insurgent's side as you are on Bush side...

Yes. I am aware they don't do that. But UNLIKE the VS they don't claim to do so. But look who does claim such a statement... and fails miserably?

No, I don't think anarchy would be a good thing, but exchanging one ruthless dictatorship by another covered in a very faint democratic jacket doesn't help anybody...

And as the US elections (fraude, entire would against Bush, 51% of the Americans for, even if it could (and did) cause wars on other parts of the world, problems actually counting the votes, etc.) have shown, maybe Democracy isn't Da Bomb for the entire world... 

Yes, I am on Bush's side, in the sense that this is a conflict I want the US to win. You're suggesting that this is a conflict you want the insurgents and terrorists to win? Wow.

Forgive me, but I'm pretty sure that Iraq just had democratic elections for the first time in...geez, how long? I want to say at least a couple of decades. I also want to say that the Iraqis voted in large numbers for members of a party that the US doesn't particularly like. As far as I know, we haven't invalidated the elections, so your claims of puppet dictatorships are thus far a little weak.

By the way, it doesn't matter if the entire world's against the reelection of Bush; you guys don't get a vote.

You claim not to be a supporter of the idea of leaving Iraq in the hands of an oppressive dictator, and yet I haven't seen you or anyone else from that side of the pond step up and do anything about it, not even announce plans to. You're an isolationist, just admit it and be done.

Working for American companies, not known they were Europeans, foolish attempts to free themselves resulting in death etc. There can be many reasons, but they mainly go for the Americans...

You officially do not live within the realm of reality. It's foolish to attempt to escape from a group of individuals who have absolutely no qualms about beheading their prisoners? I suppose slaves shouldn't have tried to run away back in early 19th century America, either.

Are we incapable of fighting terrorism, incapable of rendering justice, unless we categorize those we fight against as the alien Other, as "them?"

I'll break this down for you:

Them - Those who think it's a grand idea to fly an airplane into a building or drive a van loaded with fertilizer and a detonator into a police station.

Us - Those who do not want to be blown up by either of those methods.

Are you suggesting negotiation? Appeasement? Understanding their point of view? I understand their point of view perfectly. In fact, the only thing (to my knowledge) that I've been reported for on this forum is for explaining my understanding of that point of view, in suggesting that terrorism has worked for the Palestinians, due to Israel's capitulation on the Gaza Strip settlements issue. I understand precisely why terrorism is being used against the United States, but by no means does that suggest I want those who use it to succeed in their endeavors.

Probably. I would rather die right away then live 3 months with the pain where I could die of right away

The thing is, the tortures in Abu Ghraib didn't end in death for the most part. If you'd rather die than endure 3 months of torture, then I guess you need some professional help.

Shooting people who MIGHT shoot at you... I couldn't have worded US-murder any better...

Nice try at twisting my words. You know that somebody preparing an ambush might shoot at you, even though they aren't doing so in that exact moment. Are you trying to say that you should wait until they actually start firing? Have you been slamming your head against the wall a bit more than usual lately?

And the US also executes, think the sons of Mr. Saddamm, and I don't think what you would call a 2000 lb bomb on somebodies home...

That's warfare. Your inability to see the difference between the two words is appalling.

Better than that exact same pain for several months...

According to the Wikipedia (couldn't find a more detailed source, feel free to correct or add anything), these are the tortures suffered by inmates in Abu Ghraib:

• Punching, slapping, and kicking detainees; jumping on their naked feet.

• Videotaping and photographing naked male and female detainees.

• Forcibly arranging detainees in various sexually explicit positions for photographing.

• Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and keeping them naked for several days at a time.

• Forcing naked male detainees to wear women's underwear.

• Forcing groups of male detainees to **** while being photographed and videotaped.

• Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and then jumping on them.

• Positioning a naked detainee on a MRE Box, with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his fingers, toes, and **** to simulate electric torture.

• Writing "I am a Rapeist" [sic] on the leg of a detainee alleged to have raped a 15-year old fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked.

• Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked detainee's neck and having a female soldier pose for a picture.

• A male MP guard raping a female detainee.

• Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees and MPs posing with cheerful looks.

• Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees.

• Threatening detainees with a loaded 9mm pistol.

• Pouring cold water on naked detainees.

• Beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair.

• Threatening male detainees with rape.

• Allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell.

• Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick.

• Using military working dogs (without muzzles) to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting and severely injuring a detainee.

Now, how does the worst of that compare to having your head cut off with a knife?

Tell you what, let's go to Iraq. I'll pretend to be a member of some militia, and turn myself in to the US troops, and you walk around some suburb until you get kidnapped. How 'bout it?

About the earth thing. Indeed you should. When it was found out not everybody believed it right away because some scientist said so, he gave the proof!

The key is that several hundred years later, nobody needs to prove the Earth is round. It's an accepted, widely known fact. The same thing with the arguments facts I presented. You are welcome to keep the blindfold on for as long as you like, though. You make for some great target practice.

If you wan't me to stop, give me some reasons. So far I haven't seen none that would even make me THINK about changing my opinion...

And the "facts in your face" do not make any claims that the US is "doing a damn well job", it just points toward some minor errors in my ways. Yeah, I really go start supporting the US if you don't post (supported!) Pro-US, but instead negative things about the Iraqi or European

Huh? It's the second time I personally put you to shame regarding facts. I'm sure I haven't been the only one. And still you keep going, your whole discourse entirely unaltered. Yes, you are indeed a reasonable person. You have proven as much.

As for the rest of that paragraph, try making sense next time.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Battlewookie:  Was that detailed, quoted dialogue from a newspaper article, which you first claimed, or a television documentary, which you later claimed.  Perhaps it was merely an embellished paraphrase produced from your own fertile imagination fueled by your obvious and utter hatred of not only my country, but apparently of every one of its 290 million inhabitants.  You say this is a political discussion.  It's not.  It has become a national flamefest.

Newspaper. Nice making things up. Give me the EXACT quote where I said it was a newspaper, since it was television report from the beginning...

Also good job flaming me, for something I never wrote... really, really helps alot.

To the rest; will answer later when I have the time (and that will probably take along time)

To 213374U; that is indeed an African version of Hitler, and if you wan't PM's from the Globals clean your PM-box to actually be able to GET PM's...

Newspaper. Nice making things up. Give me the EXACT quote where I said it was a newspaper, since it was television report from the beginning...

Sure. Here it is:

Could you provide a link to that particular story please?

Sorry, newspaper. If I find the article online I will post a link...

Edit: I've looked at this twice, since it immediately followed the post in question; on the second glance, I believe Surreptishus was asking about a different story. If so then I misunderstood and apologize.

Also good job flaming me, for something I never wrote... really, really helps alot.

LOL, there truly is an irony in you of all people complaining about someone flaming you. Pot, meet kettle. :)

I did not flame you. I am annoyed with you, yes, but I did not call you names or insult your parentage, your intelligence or your country. I pointed out what appeared to be a conflict in a very detailed allegation you made without a source, and I did so for two reasons:

(1) The quotes you gave were either exact, in which case you must have some kind of text reference to copy from, or they were paraphrased from memory, in which case embellishment could reasonably be inferred. If you intend to stand by your accusations, you should be expected to support them.

(2) Your virulant anti-American rants have gotten on my last nerve, and I think it's wholly inappropriate behavior for a mod.

Edited by ~Di

To 213374U; that is indeed an African version of Hitler, and if you wan't PM's from the Globals clean your PM-box to actually be able to GET PM's...

What can I say man, I actually collect requests for cyber...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"And the terrorist DO wan't only the Yankees."

You are joking right? You gotta be. This smacks off simple ignorance.

1. Most terrorist attacks ar enot perpetrated against Amerikans.

2. Amerika has not been attack on it soil since 9/11. Many other countries have. Some repeatedly.

3. Most people killed by terorrists are not Amerikans. Heck, a number of victims in 9/11 weren't even Amerikan.

4. The terrorists themselves have stated they have many targeted countries including a number of ME and European countries.

5. Kanada is #5 of 6 countries on the 'prime attack' list. The first 4 have been attacked. Funnily enough, they were directedly involved in the Iraq War.

6. This idea that the terrorist just wnat to destory the US,as nd then they'll simply call it quits is as ridiculous as the notion that Germany was gonna stoop after conquering Europe.

Seriously, Dude, you gots to be jokin'. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wanna try something out...

It's Idi Amin.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester