Police Academy 8

Child of Flame

Hoff ain't got nothing on me!

I'm hot and funny!  I'm a star!

Oh, you wish you had the same kind of loyal fanbase I do

Some people stand in darkness. Afraid to step into the light.

Some people need to help somebody when the edge of surrender is in sight.Don't you worry, it's going to be all right.

Cause I'm always there. I won't let you out of my sight.

I'll be there never you fear. I'll be there forever and always.

I'm always here.

OMFG!

You're so dreamy Hoff!  :thumbsup:  :D

DL

P.S. The movie would be seriously improved with an appearance from the Hoff

as would all movies...

:wacko:  :-"

Indeed. What was the name of the flick where he's some sort of spec ops captain with with a pirateish eye-patch? It is one of the most horrible movies I've ever seen. :devil:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I'm not sure what you're referring to because all of movies have been most excellent and a big hit in Germany. Perhaps you've confused my Nick Fury: Agent of Shield project with something Steve Guttenberg has done.

Some people need to help somebody when the edge of surrender is in sight.Don't you worry, it's going to be all right.

I'm always here.

Yes, hello miss Launch. Well I'm off to get my legs waxed.

I'm always here.

So this crap gets made, and Watchmen gets shelved... I hate hollywood.

Considering how bad League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was, and how badly Watchmen was turning out to be, I can't say I'm all that disappointed that it was canned. Better no Watchmen movie than a bad Watchmen movie.

I'm still wondering how they're going to handle V for Vendetta. I expect some suckiness underway.

Cheers.

So this crap gets made, and Watchmen gets shelved... I hate hollywood.

Considering how bad League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was, and how badly Watchmen was turning out to be, I can't say I'm all that disappointed that it was canned. Better no Watchmen movie than a bad Watchmen movie.

I'm still wondering how they're going to handle V for Vendetta. I expect some suckiness underway.

Cheers.

Yes LoEG was bad, but what are you talking about with Watchmen? Every reviewer who had read the script and the comic was completely amazed at exactly how good the script was, and they had the director of the Bourne Supremacy doing it. That was the only confimed info, the only other info out there was the rumor of John Cusack playing Nite Owl, which IMO is a great casting decision.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yes LoEG was bad, but what are you talking about with Watchmen? Every reviewer who had read the script and the comic was completely amazed at exactly how good the script was, and they had the director of the Bourne Supremacy doing it.

If the director of Bourne Supremacy is involved, that's already one reason for me to avoid the movie. Bland story, passable acting, offbeat action sequences. I'm sure it rocked for casual movie goers and sofa experts who search IMDB for other's opinions, though.

Apparently not every reviewer enjoyed Watchmen's script, considering I've read a couple of reviews which didn't took lightly to some of the changes (this being one of them). Adrian Veidt's plan is apparently replaced by

a whole conspiracy from Pyramid Developments, an organization set to start World War III, which was the near opposite of Ozymandias' plan in the comic. They replaced botched up terrifying alien creature teletransportation with a threat of nuclear war. Personally, it feels too iffy and just another attempt at making it some form of alertness or criticism to ongoing global issues.

Reportedly, Osterman only appears at the end which is a curious decision considering Dr. Manhattan given he is a crucial, recurring character in the story who in one way or the other influences all of the character's lifes. He even influences the world, for obvious reasons.

Besides, others' opinion usually means zilch to me. They're an indication of a possibility, not a certainty. I usually don't care if a group of people finds a movie script (which apparently only they have access to) great. I'll make up my mind on it if I manage to procure it and read it, or when I see it applied in a would be future movie release; until then, thumbs up for it are worthless to me.

Main problem with Watchmen is the same as it was with LXG. The original format is way different from movies. Watchmen is slow, methodical, overly narrated, with character nuances and intrincancies that would take too long to be exposed on film. I can't even begin to imagine how V for Vendetta is going to be transposed into movie considering it's even lenghtlier in narrative than Watchmen, somewhere between three to four times wordier.

Mind you this isn't coming from someone expecting a second coming. Book, videogame and comic to movie adaptations usually suffer between the differences in mediums. Differences are expected. There's the ocasional example of something that is done right, or done right enough, to make for a satisfactory (if not good) transition. Batman Begins and Sin City come to mind, but while those were good enough, they are exceptions to the rule, and are based on story pieces which are relatively short, fast-paced and quick to get into. Watchmen just isn't any of that. I entirely empathize with why Moore takes a step back from movie adaptations of his works. None have succeeded in coming close to presenting something close to the original. Can't say if this is due to Hollywood's insistence in creating some sort of guidelines which screw the pooch or if it's a problem with directors who think they have what it takes to convert mamoth graphic novels into two hour FX-ladden action flicks, but it ain't working with Moore's works. I don't expect thse transitions to be entirely faithful, though I'd expect someone gained some sense and stopped trying making adaptations in the first place.

That was the only confimed info, the only other info out there was the rumor of John Cusack playing Nite Owl, which IMO is a great casting decision.

John Cusack is too athletic to play Dan Dreiberg, though, and he doesn't strike me as a good choice. Cusack can play many roles, but I don't think Nite Owl would be one of them. David Caruso should be Rorscharch, though. And for some odd reason, when I think Dan Dreiberg I imagine a fatty Jeff Goldblum.

Yes LoEG was bad, but what are you talking about with Watchmen? Every reviewer who had read the script and the comic was completely amazed at exactly how good the script was, and they had the director of the Bourne Supremacy doing it.

If the director of Bourne Supremacy is involved, that's already one reason for me to avoid the movie. Bland story, passable acting, offbeat action sequences. I'm sure it rocked for casual movie goers and sofa experts who search IMDB for other's opinions, though.

Apparently not every reviewer enjoyed Watchmen's script, considering I've read a couple of reviews which didn't took lightly to some of the changes (this being one of them). Adrian Veidt's plan is apparently replaced by

a whole conspiracy from Pyramid Developments, an organization set to start World War III, which was the near opposite of Ozymandias' plan in the comic. They replaced botched up terrifying alien creature teletransportation with a threat of nuclear war. Personally, it feels too iffy and just another attempt at making it some form of alertness or criticism to ongoing global issues.

Hrmm, the way I heard it, they

replaced the teleporting psychic "alien" with an oribital bombardment, because they felt a giant tentacled blob thing exploding with psychic energy wouldn't translate well on screen, but they do in fact do blow up half of New York. The threat of global nuclear war was Ozymandius' reason for doing it. Just like in the comic.

Oh well.

Anyway, I personally liked the Bourne Supremacy. Not quite as good as the Bourne Identity, but an excellent sequel. And being based on a book, you can't really blame the story on the director, though personally I didn't see any problem with it.

That was the only confimed info, the only other info out there was the rumor of John Cusack playing Nite Owl, which IMO is a great casting decision.

John Cusack is too athletic to play Dan Dreiberg, though, and he doesn't strike me as a good choice. Cusack can play many roles, but I don't think Nite Owl would be one of them. David Caruso should be Rorscharch, though. And for some odd reason, when I think Dan Dreiberg I imagine a fatty Jeff Goldblum.

Actors can gain weight for a role. Stallone did it for Copland, Ray Liotta did it for Narc, its not an uncommon practice. He has the chops and the face to pull it off. Rorschach is a tough one though, because the guy has to be ugly, and able to pull off Rorchach's intensity.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hrmm, the way I heard it, they

replaced the teleporting psychic "alien" with an oribital bombardment, because they felt a giant tentacled blob thing exploding with psychic energy wouldn't translate well on screen, but they do in fact do blow up half of New York. The threat of global nuclear war was Ozymandius' reason for doing it. Just like in the comic.

The threat of nuclear was was Ozymandias' reason for doing it but that wasn't my point. The point is that in the comics,

Veidt doesn't resort to war or anything that could be considered part of a war (at least as humans understand) to trigger world peace. He teleports the creature and thus hopes to achieve world peace; he doesn't start World War III in order to prevent World War III, as seems to be the case in the script.

Oh well. In any case it seems to be another comic to movie adaptation set to blow us away. And not in a good way.

Also fluid, fast camera movement is one thing. And it's good when done right. But someone should really tell the people behind Bourne Supremacy that leaving the camera work to people who suffer from extreme shakes isn't trendy anymore, if ever.