Bao-Dur's character

That's just the thing- he's not Canderous nor is he supposed to be. Frankly, I like Bao-dur because he wasn't like Canderous. He didn't hungry or live for battle, he fought because he hated what the Mandalorians did to Outer Rim worlds, especially the Iridonian colonies. He fought to annihilate the Mandalorians and he came damn close, and even though he hates them he still feels guilty about it.

As for the voice, I found it to be very reflective of his controlled attitude, he doesn't want his anger to blind him again like it did during the Mandalorian War.

He's quite a complex person, if you ask me.

Edit/Addition: Oh, and as for him not being a very strong fighter, just give him a single-bladed lightsaber, the dueling feats and anything to increase his defense and he'll cut through Sith like they were butter. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Bao-dur is a good little soldier. Few words to say and obeys your command. :thumbsup:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I liked Bao-Dur. The only thing realated to thim which is annoying is that making him a Jedi sounds more like:

Exile: So Bao... wanna be Jedi?

Bao: Yup.

[bao has become a Guardian]

next convo:

Bao: Yes General?

Exile: Never mind.

:thumbsup:

that makes me laugh :D

I liked Bao-Dur. The only thing realated to thim which is annoying is that making him a Jedi sounds more like:

next convo:

:thumbsup:

that makes me laugh :D

The sad thing is that this is true.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

The sad thing is that this is true.

What's even sadder is the in my recent perusal of the .tlk files is that you were going to be able to spar with him, and remote (deflecting blaster bolts). You were also going to be able to teach him some of the lightsaber forms that you learned from the Jedi Masters. **sigh** But is was cut out.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

next convo:

:)

Thats pretty much how it went :ermm:

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

What's even sadder is the in my recent perusal of the .tlk files is that you were going to be able to spar with him, and remote (deflecting blaster bolts). You were also going to be able to teach him some of the lightsaber forms that you learned from the Jedi Masters. **sigh** But is was cut out.

Even sadder is that you could do that with all Jedi's (Train them etc.) but it all got cut to

[xxx is now a Jedi. Have a nice day and an end of conversation possibilities...)

And instead the only force user that was allowed to teach what she wanted to the PC was Kreia most of the time. Her style of teaching looked passive to me, actually.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

• 1 month later...

I like Bao-Dur, personally. He was a very interesting concept, I thought, and I liked that he had an existing relationship with the PC. The fact that his dialogue goes nowhere and just becomes you saying "Never Mind" is really disapointing, but oh well. One thing, though: How do you make him a Jedi? I've played this game through twice (once as light side, once as dark side), and no go. I didn't even know it was possible until I came here. I got Atton, Mira, and the Handmaiden my first time through, but I never got any such dialogue with Bao-Dur. What do you have to do with him to get it to come up?

Edited by Ranger0087