X-Men RPG

Hurlshort

I believe that we have choice. god doesn't allow for that.

Really? The message I get from most religions and interpretations of God is that he gave everyone Free Will. If you didn't have a choice, you would be forced to believe in him. That fact that you choose not to proves that you do have that choice.

I love people who defeat their own arguements in action.

Okay so I've spent a bit of time playing the first game this weekend. And as much as I hate to say it, Wolverine is about my best character. He is usually the last to die, and I find the fastball special quite hilarious.

I still don't have to like Wolverine though.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I believe that we have choice. god doesn't allow for that.

Really? The message I get from most religions and interpretations of God is that he gave everyone Free Will. If you didn't have a choice, you would be forced to believe in him. That fact that you choose not to proves that you do have that choice.

I love people who defeat their own arguements in action.

Then theres the whole "only adherents are actually under my power" arguement. If you don't adhere to any god they have no power over you. We often say that a serindipidous occasion was because of Gods' intervention. I know it's not because I don't believe with a single piece of my heart that he's the lord and savior. Nobody rules me therefor I have control over my life.

If you believe in him got he's already got your life mapped out like Neo did in the Matrix. All the decisions were made. He had no choice other than being locked into that position for the rest of his concious life. I don't like the feeling that I'm on a rollercoaster from hell that won't be stopping until I die.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

To cater for all fans?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What's with trying to push second rate characters like Mystique and Toad into the game?

*stabs roleplayer with a sharp stick*

Mystique is not a friggin second rate character! Shes even got her own mag and everything.

..the film version of her sucks though.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It has Apocolypse in it, and you can play as the Brotherhood....So im guessing better.

And don't be so harsh on Toad. He was pretty cool...And that tongue of his has more than one use.

But mystique is something else...

I almost always had Wolverine in my party (always hated him though) He was my insurance in the unlikely event that my other PC's were taken down.

Storm and Cyclops are a must have combination with their Leadership skills, and Storms lightning and whirlwind attacks were the greatest!!!

The film version of her is great IMO. She lives up to her name. Her lack of speech was supportive in her role as 'Mystique' and she was alot more subtle, plus she took on about 20 soldiers in the second movie AND gave wolverine a good beating (which is always a good thing no matter what the circumstances).

And you're such a fanboy, Fishie, aren't you? ^_^

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actually i only really like the Evolution cartoons. I don't read comics (never could get my hands on any) but i absolutely LOVE cartoons (see avatar and sig), my favorite one right now is Evolution (yes go ahead, flame me all you like).

Evolution has a much better portrayal of all the characters and the animation is better than the old x-men cartoons, plus i find it absolutely hilarious. I don't see much of pyro though..anyone know any particular episodes that focus mainly on him?

The film version of her is great IMO. She lives up to her name. Her lack of speech was supportive in her role as 'Mystique' and she was alot more subtle, plus she took on about 20 soldiers in the second movie AND gave wolverine a good beating (which is always a good thing no matter what the circumstances).

I think it was more because Rebecca Romijn cant act. I absolutely hated how they had taken a character with such a personality and extensive background and made her a completely 2dimensional "hot chick" with extensive makup. It wasnt much about the Xmen films that was good.

The mystique limited 24-part comic was very good, it wasnt too good in the beginning and it slowed off at the end but the middle was spot-on. Featured some amazing artwork too.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Rebecca's acting was fine, she doesn't choose the script that's given to her so don't blame the actors for other peoples mistakes.

And i thought Mystique's and Magneto's relationship was an interesting aspect of her, you could clearly see that they felt some affection towards eachother.

And also when Mystique was hitting on Wolverine in X2 was pretty interesting. You know from this what she looks for in a man.

Edited for minor spelling.

Edited by ><FISH'>

eh... the storylines before apocolypse was introduced were better...

the comics were great but after about Mutant Massacre things got screwy.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Mystique is not a friggin second rate character! Shes even got her own mag and everything.

That's hardly recognition of her as a good character, though. You can easilly find characters with their own titles that range from Captain America to Barbie (published by Marvel, no less), and Spiderman to Forge.

And Toad still sucks. At least they didn't think of Arcade. :ph34r: