X-Men RPG

Hurlshort

do they have shadowcat? I would have prefered that Shadowcat was the primairy rather than Magma (I'm surprised because Magma is technically a Roman princess from Mexico)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Appearently Elf gets swords... at least in the ad they gave him a pair.

He does, and his sword attacks hurt people.

I still don't have to like Wolverine though.

I don't like him either, but he's hard to get killed.

I stayed over at a friends place and played the game up to chapter three a couple of days ago. It's pretty good. I usually had Gambit, Nightcrawler, Iceman and Bishop in my group. Let me just say, it can become a bit difficult to fight without a devoted tank, especially during the boss battles.

Never played the first one, but I picked up the second for the PC

......It took me to basically the mid-point (act wise) of the game to actaully lose a character. When I did it was because I decided to try and see if you can actaully jump off cliffs.

You can.

I was eventually killed (massacred really) by a guy named "sugarguy" or something like that. Thats the only time I lost my party so far.

take all that as you will if you considering buying and the PC version is ten dollars cheaper (but the controls are a bit rough)

Edited by kumquatq3

Never played the first one, but I picked up the second for the PC

......It took me to basically the mid-point (act wise) of the game to actaully lose a character. When I did it was because I decided to try and see if you can actaully jump off cliffs.

You can.

I was eventually killed (massacred really) by a guy named "sugarguy" or something like that. Thats the only time I lost my party so far.

take all that as you will if you considering buying and the PC version is ten dollars cheaper (but the controls are a bit rough)

BTW Kum, does it lend itself well to dual-analog stick controllers?

manthing2.jpg

Couldn't tell you, I have 2 single analog pads. Niether seem to be supported....

EDIT: The reason I felt the need to meantion that the controls are rough is that LOTS of people on teh gamefaq forums seem to have controller issues. So your default controls suck.

Edited by kumquatq3

No, I think thats just the gameplay. As much as I have grown to like this game and think its cool pretending to use strategy I think as soon as you attack your characters just jump in and it all goes to sh1t.

But then again I needed Jags help to get past level two... :devil:

And the villian sounds like ' Sugar Man'

sorry its in French:

http://hyperion2000.free.fr/Bios/SugarMan.htm

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

You get to spend one attribute point and one skill point per level. Since the gamne automatically gives you lots more than that per level, your own points become pretty much a moot point. Not until you've gone pretty far into the game do you even get to choose the mission you want to partake in. And even then you're forced to go through every available mission eventually, just in the order you yourself choose. There are dialogue options, but nothing ever changes when you click on the options you get, making them pointless unless you want to hear every character's personal story. There's no exploration, no character development (well, barely) and you have no influence on the story. Still it's called a RPG.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You get to spend one attribute point and one skill point per level. Since the gamne automatically gives you lots more than that per level, your own points become pretty much a moot point. Not until you've gone pretty far into the game do you even get to choose the mission you want to partake in. And even then you're forced to go through every available mission eventually, just in the order you yourself choose. There are dialogue options, but nothing ever changes when you click on the options you get, making them pointless unless you want to hear every character's personal story. There's no exploration, no character development (well, barely) and you have no influence on the story. Still it's called a RPG.

I completely agree with mkreku. One thing I want to add: Money is abundant in the game. For $10,000 "credits" (which is nothing) you can actually rearrange your characters skills. Even the few choices you get to make are essentially meaning less.

EDIT: You get 4 attribute points per level tho

So it's pretty much like KotOR minus the dark side/light side options?  :wub:"

Yes and no... I'd put it at Diablo multiplayer with bonus'

Ya, at least in Diablo you had some options in terms of how you build you character.

In terms of combat, it's a HUGE button masher. Minus the bosses, there is no challenge. Even most of the harder regular guys come with instructions on defeating them when you attack them (click j,j,k to break my shield). In Diablo, to a certain extent, you had to pay attention to what you were attacking. In this you just click. I don't even watch my health outside of boss battles.

Basically, it's not a bad game. Not great, but I've played worse. It's a horrible RPG tho.

Edited by kumquatq3