Jade Empire Bombed

Volourn

I just wanted to make sure I understood your point. BioWare is privately owned, so there's no concerns over misleading public shareholders. If BioWare received funding from industry partners (and I don't know that they did), why would they have a problem with BioWare characterising the sales in a positive light? Unless a game is a complete disaster (which JE wasn't), negative comments would only serve to undermine the franchise.

Since JE wasn't a success and wasn't a disaster, negative biocomments would only made the situation worse. But it is clear that Bioware's expectations were much, much higher.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Loss leader?

Its a good game and besides Halo 3 and Oblivion are kickstarting X-Box 360.

Not to kickstart the blinking XBox, to kickstart the Jade Empire franchise! :alien:

But JE was a good game.

But it only sold 500,000 copies.

And how many did PS:T sell?

I'm sorry, but market demand is not directly proportion to quality.

PS:T sold more than 3 million over time. It was definitely a financial success.

PS:T sold more than 3 million over time. It was definitely a financial success.

Yes, in bizarro worldo, it was.

Not THAT debate again...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Somebody should notify the people that made the Best Selling Games Wiki.

That list is woefully incomplete, and I wouldn't use it as reference for anything. There are LOTS of other games (on PC) that have sold more than 1 million copies, worldwide.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Jade Empire gave me the impression of a form of chinese warfare that was designed with a modernistic view. I would have tried it if it was also made for the PC. However, I think I may pass this one. That said, though, I see a bit of street fighter II in it.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

And that is why I won't ever have a copy.  I don't do pay for downloads or buy things off the Internet.

Your loss then. It's THE CRPG experience you have been waiting for. And it's a long game to boot.

Its just something I just don't do except in extreme circumstances.  Besides I am through with PC gaming.  I am a console monkey now.

It looks like that is a mistake. PC market is still quite viable and I plan on being a PC gamer for a very very very very very very very very very very very long time.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

How's the "1 hour of gameplay for every dollar" idea of game value holding up?