Jade Empire Bombed

Volourn

Nah, it's just because people don't know any better.

Again, just because people buy them, does not make them good. The 2K games, particularly for Basketball and Hockey, are better games, particularly from a simulation standpoint.

Unfortunately, EA Sports has crazy brand recognition. IMO they've fallen from grace, and I do not praise them anymore for their games in the 90s, which definitely were the better games, especially compared to the competition.

Pro Evolution Soccer has been lots better than FIFA in the last.. 4 or 5 years or so. Even EA has admitted this, and FIFA 2006 is almost an exact copy of Pro Evolution Soccer 4, but with higher production values and the coveted FIFA license. I just wish FIFA would be smart enough to sell that license to both Konami and EA. PES feels like a superior game, but you have to either download the correct rosters or create them yourself (there are like 3000 named players so it might take a while). EA doesn't play as well, doesn't move as well and doesn't handle the ball as well, but you can even play any team from the swedish crap leagues and every player has the correct name and statistics.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Volo-logic makes me wanna scream. It's that bad.

I've played all the games in the Battlefield series, and I think they're great... as is the Danish Hitman series. ^_^

Also, anyone up for some BF2? An "All vs Volo" ownage game? How about it Numbers? :D

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

"Although you could probably contend that it's not that difficult to maintain the dominance with the acquistion of exclusive licenses.

Somebody could make a better version, and we'll never know"

Come on. EA's exlusivity over some sports leagues just vstarted this year. The fact that EA has been dominnate in the sports gaming world for basically a decade says it all.

It's also not like the EA is the only company with exlusivity. I, for one, will stick with EA's MBP Baseball 2005 because I'm still playing it and see no reason to try the other company's exlusive trash.

To bad sport games suck.

I think even if someone doesn't like team-based FPSs, failing to recognize that Battlefield: 1942 and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory are two standard-bearers for quality in that genre is pretty obstinate.

Volo has NEVER been obstinate!

Why are people still arguing with him in this thread?

First he insisted that there was no proof that Jade Empire underperformed despite Bioware's own website insisting that the Special Editions would sell out on preorders alone, but they are still sitting on store shelves right now. So people argued for 20 pages. And now he insisting that Europe has never mad a great game.

People still can't spot the bait when Volo lays it?

Interesting.

I think even if someone doesn't like team-based FPSs, failing to recognize that Battlefield: 1942 and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory are two standard-bearers for quality in that genre is pretty obstinate.

Volo has NEVER been obstinate!

Why are people still arguing with him in this thread?

First he insisted that there was no proof that Jade Empire underperformed despite Bioware's own website insisting that the Special Editions would sell out on preorders alone, but they are still sitting on store shelves right now. So people argued for 20 pages. And now he insisting that Europe has never mad a great game.

People still can't spot the bait when Volo lays it?

Interesting.

Who cares if it's bait or not? "Vologic" should be fought with fire and steel at all times! >_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Bring. It. On.

Of course, Ender forgets to emntion thyat nobody has given proof that BIo thought all the special editions would be sold through pre orders. Afterall, he linked to On Line Store hocking their Pirate PM; not proof.

As for the European thing, it's not my fault no one cna think of even one good European game. Don't balem me for Europe's failure to deliver an actual good game.

R00fles!

P.S. Hades, BIo didn't think that. Foolish people who actually thought a new Ip would sell as much as KOTOR. People keep claiming that BIO is mainstream; they are not. You make a role-playing game that isn't FF or Diablo or DnD; then yo aren't mainstream. Period.

BIO's rep and fan base is relatively big comapred to other RPG makers; but compared to the real big boys in Gaming land; not even close.

That is all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This argument must be the dumbest ever, and if the moderators can't see the trolling in this.. Geez. I mean, why keep naming top quality titles to a moron who will, regardless if he has played the game or not, claim it's bad? No matter which game you mention, the moron will still say it's bad.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"This argument must be the dumbest ever, and if the moderators can't see the trolling in this.. Geez. I mean, why keep naming top quality titles to a moron who will, regardless if he has played the game or not, claim it's bad? No matter which game you mention, the moron will still say it's bad."

Stop trolling. This statement is false. See Meta's mention of Ultimae.

And, oh, you are reported for trolling.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

LOL, you report him for trolling? Might just as well report me too, then. Hell, I'd even consider that a compliment. ;)

DENMARK!

Fortunately, the mods don't give a flying f*ck about Volo's reports. Which makes it all the funnier.

I think they should save themselves the trouble and disable the "report" feature from Volo's account. After all, for each report he makes, there's usually a few pages of shameless trolling on his (her?/its?) part.

However, it's kinda sad that mkreku gets so worked up about it. That's what Volo is after, and if you play along, he's won.

I think I should just ASCII spam this thread to oblivion. ;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.