What sequel do you want made.....

kumquatq3

yeah, I would have liked it better if they had followed the origional storyline of hellblazer, ie new "virgin mary" is born and both sides are trying to get her to make their savior. the swamp thing ends up winning.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No - the reason no one wants a sequel to Gigli is because it sucks donkey balls, and is quite possibly the worst piece in cinematic history (only surpassed by Battlefield: Earth).  Ben Affleck han't been able to live down the shame, and probably never will.

I haven't seen the movie, but considering that almost no one on the planet saw the movie, everyone seems to mock it. I think we often readily accept what the media tells us about a movie and pass it on as our own opinion far too often.

My partner watched it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No - the reason no one wants a sequel to Gigli is because it sucks donkey balls, and is quite possibly the worst piece in cinematic history (only surpassed by Battlefield: Earth).  Ben Affleck han't been able to live down the shame, and probably never will.

I haven't seen the movie, but considering that almost no one on the planet saw the movie, everyone seems to mock it. I think we often readily accept what the media tells us about a movie and pass it on as our own opinion far too often.

My partner watched it.

Partner? :o:-

I have never seen Gili, I would like to see a DogmaII with all the controversial stuff.

I doubt Kevin Smith will ever make a Dogma II because of the ****-storm that the first film started.

I also think that he made his point. One, Kevin is down with God and feels that God can take a joke. Two, if we took everything Catholocism taught at face value, the world would be in serious trouble.

Your wish is granted.  :shifty:

That would be "Dirty Old Harry" :D

As far as movies goes, somebody already mentioned Bladerunner. Wouldn't mind seeing a Leon II or a Sixth Element either.

As for games, a real Master of Orion 3 or a Baldurs Gate 3 (the latter looking more and more like vapourware after that Atari guys accidental slip a long time ago) <_>

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Your wish is granted.  :shifty:

That would be "Dirty Old Harry" :D

As far as movies goes, somebody already mentioned Bladerunner. Wouldn't mind seeing a Leon II or a Sixth Element either.

As for games, a real Master of Orion 3 or a Baldurs Gate 3 (the latter looking more and more like vapourware after that Atari guys accidental slip a long time ago) <_<

Luc Besson apparently doesn't mind crappy American remakes of Taxi, and he is fine with sequels to the Transporter, but we don't get sequels to Leon or Fifth Element?

I remember when I used to think very highly of Luc Besson.

My partner watched it.

Partner? :shifty::(

Partner? :x

Mets - is there something you should tell us right about now?

manthing2.jpg

Hmm...

Game: Alpha Centauri 2. Hands down. It is a travesty that the best Turn Based Strategy game of all time never did get a sequel.

Book: Insurrection, by David Weber and Steve White. They wrote quite a lot of books for the Starfire Universe, but never wrote a specific sequel to the only one I really liked.

Film: Can't think of one. All the movies I've liked either got sequels anyway or were one-shot pieces. A sequel to Finding Neverland would be pretty hard to make, after all. I don't suppose I'd mind seeing a sequel to Shaun of the Dead, if they could make it, though.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Partner? 

Mets - is there something you should tell us right about now?

What's with the tone? It's not your life, so let it go. This is a game forum, I hope that I wouldn't be persecuted if I had a partner.

On topic...I doubt they can find anyone to really play the guy from Leon at it's full potential, and the actor who played it is pretty old now.

I am assuming that Jags is teasing Meta.

The actor you are thinking of is Jean Reno, and he still does action oriented roles. The problem is that his character is dead at the end of Leon. Natalie Portman could be in the sequel.

At first glance the movie might appear to be about Matilda being forced to grow up due to harsh circumstances, but given the visual metaphor of the plant finally getting roots, I believe the film was really about Leon. A second film could be about Matilda having trouble adapting to normal society and longing for the deadly world she briefly shared.

As an adult, she returns to Danny Aiello's character, Tony, and wants in the cleaning business. She wants to wack anyone even remotely associated with Stansfeld. She is not content that Stansfeld is dead, because the death of Leon has left a huge void in her life.

Along the way she inadvertently endangers the life of someone who is romanticly pursuing her. She is emotionally unavailable due to her feelings for Leon, but gains perspective as she inadvertently leads to her innocent suitor's death and is forced to reevaluate the world she lives in and her place in it.

I think Volourn has seen it and liked it. So does this mean the movie sucks or not? :D

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

that's ok mets,

I would love to see a Leon2. I can't believe that I forgot about that movie. Perhaps Portmans goal could be hunting down the remainder of her family (aunts uncles that sort of thing) and those of the old group that helped kill her family come after her...

Natalie Portman definitely could handle the role. Other than that little George Lucas bit she was in, she's been a very solid actress. She might be unwilling to do it though. It would be also cool to have a prologue type movie, but again, you need someone who could portray a young Leon.

For any confused Americans, this movie was called "The Professional" in the states. Let's not forget, Gary Oldman also really elevated the movie. His role is by far my favorite villian of all time.

I think Volourn has seen it and liked it. So does this mean the movie sucks or not?  :D

Some of the reviews from people who actually saw the movie said it wasn't horrible.

My partner said it was appallingly bad. The acting, the script. No redeeming features. Clich

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No he shouldn't. Perish the thought. :ph34r:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds