Good Art, Bad Art

I LOVED the art that French dude did of Atris and Nihilus for some magazines way back when... it's what first peaked my interest KotOR II (for some reason, despite being an avid SW fan, I wasn't anticipating it). But the official artwork isn't all good, and especially Atris looks terrible! She looks nothing like her beautiful in game model, neither in shape nor color. What's up with that?

Too bad the magazine paintings of Nihilus and Atris fighting weren't possible...

I LOVED the art that French dude did of Atris and Nihilus for some magazines way back when... it's what first peaked my interest KotOR II (for some reason, despite being an avid SW fan, I wasn't anticipating it).  But the official artwork isn't all good, and especially Atris looks terrible!  She looks nothing like her beautiful in game model, neither in shape nor color.  What's up with that?

Too bad the magazine paintings of Nihilus and Atris fighting weren't possible...

I guess they just did that to show who the two charecters were in the game, the differece between light and dark.

I LOVED the art that French dude did of Atris and Nihilus for some magazines way back when... it's what first peaked my interest KotOR II (for some reason, despite being an avid SW fan, I wasn't anticipating it).  But the official artwork isn't all good, and especially Atris looks terrible!  She looks nothing like her beautiful in game model, neither in shape nor color.  What's up with that?

what? that's completely backwards from what everyone else says.

Are you refering to the Atris art you find at LucasArts K2 site that you can get as a wallpaper? She is so sexy that I have it for my wallpaper.

I just checked, and no, that's the art I DISLIKE. The art I like so much is this:

KOTORposter.jpg

Jedi_light.jpg

Jedi_dark.jpg

Poster2.jpg

I also LOVE the in game models for all of the characters much better than the official LA artwork, especially Atris. I guess I have different taste than most people, but the hard, bronze skinned thing was really ugly to me, especially with the white, and the Handmaiden, in the official art, is just shaped wrong (the face, mainly). I notice most of my complaints with those two characters, but then, I really, really liked the way they looked in the game (they were probably my favorite original aesthetic in the game).

I also LOVE the in game models for all of the characters much better than the official LA artwork, especially Atris.

I'm in the reverse group.

Great LA Art, poor (very) in-game model.

What did you think of Bastila then in K1? The longish dropping hair (the box picture) vs the ingame pony-tail fringe model. For me the model is better, and K2 is the opposite.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The Bastila model was great - but the Bastila art was better. Essentially because "art" Bastila looked more like a real person.

Now...

Atris... Atris... Atris...

Gosh.

I like the picture of her fighting Nihilius - nothing else however.

In game, she looked like a hamster who'd gone sledging - but far worse was the voice... why the *hell* did they pick such a horrible sounding voice actress? Urg... it was just... yuck. It was *not* what I was expecting to come out of her mouth. The accent, the intonation, pronuciation... everything was foul. In fact, the first thought that sprang to mind was:

"Hey, so this is where Dia's been hiding since I saved her from Holden, that's a new look for her"... the VA could have at least *tried* to make her voice different from the myriad of minor characters she'd already voiced in the same friggin series.

Everything about Atris was annoying really - it's no wonder that so many Jedi ran off to war with masters who sounded like her prattling off. I mean, they could have at least tried to make Atris' viewpoint arguable, sew a little doubt in our minds. But no, its quite clear from the moment she starts being an annoying bint that she's in the wrong and we're in the right.