What's with the cameos?

Well I'd be totally happy if such interesting characters like Visas, Atris and Nihilus got more development time as well if old ones got interesting cameos.

Atris and Nihilus being the poster children of the game you would think their role would have been much more than what it was.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

My problem there is that aside from being on the box, their significant amount of influence behind the story's events just makes the lack of real 'presence' in the game that much more awkward.

STFU!!!

He's a great man who only strives for the good of our children.

May they live in a moral christian world.

God Bless him!

God Bless America!

so sayth the romanian drunkard. >_<

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the biggest problem with K2 NPCs is lack of dev time....I think G0TO was supposed to be much more....same with Bao-Dur.

however, nothing really wrong with having a dead weight character like G0TO...just give us more options. If I want a floating mine remover, I might choose G0TO. If I want a second astromech droid, then I can put him in the G0TO slot. Basically, there should be an inner circle and an outer circle of NPCs. The inner circle cannot be subbed out...the outer circle can.

I think the idea that they should not have cameos of anyone that *could* have been killed is a specious argument. Obviously, there is an "official" explanation to what happened, even if it is not written down anywhere.

ok that's true but it seems like most people prefer LS male to anything else so i was making an educated guess.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spoilers here dont read if you didnt clear KOTOR 1

"Officially" Bastila lives either LS or DS. If revan goes lightside, bastila is left behind (like everyone else) by revan. If Revan goes darkside, bastila is her aprentice and watches over the starforge. Beheading bastila in KOTOR 1 is there simply for "fun". Its another possible option for the storyline, but is not official. We learn this because no matter what, she lives in KOTOR 2.

"Officially" Bastila lives either LS or DS. If revan goes lightside, bastila is left behind (like everyone else) by revan. If Revan goes darkside, bastila is her aprentice and watches over the starforge.  Beheading bastila in KOTOR 1 is there simply for "fun". Its another possible option for the storyline, but is not official. We learn this because no matter what, she lives in KOTOR 2.

Is that the case? I saw Bastilla in KOTOR:2 as I saw Carth as well. However my wife told the game that Revan was DS, and Carth didn't appear, and I assumed Bastilla wouldn't appear either.

Does it matter if Revan was male or female?

"Officially" Bastila lives either LS or DS. If revan goes lightside, bastila is left behind (like everyone else) by revan. If Revan goes darkside, bastila is her aprentice and watches over the starforge.  Beheading bastila in KOTOR 1 is there simply for "fun". Its another possible option for the storyline, but is not official. We learn this because no matter what, she lives in KOTOR 2.

Is that the case? I saw Bastilla in KOTOR:2 as I saw Carth as well. However my wife told the game that Revan was DS, and Carth didn't appear, and I assumed Bastilla wouldn't appear either.

Does it matter if Revan was male or female?

I played TSL the first time and said Revan was LSF and Carth appeared a few times, but Bastila did not at all - only once during the Korriban cave bit.

Perhaps the assumption is that the love between LSF Revan and Bastila was not great enough so Revan was not able to save Bastila from the Dark Side and so had to have her killed - which is why she doesn't appear (for me) in TSL when you say Revan was a LSF... :-

Or something :huh:" :o

Just by the by, am I the only one who immediately thinks of Liberty Security Force when I see LSF? >_<

Just by the by, am I the only one who immediately thinks of Liberty Security Force when I see LSF? :huh:

Yes you are :p

No, he is not :D -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep out of people's posts, you furry fiend. Authority does it enough as it is.

:lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Battlewookiee isn't a fiend.... :lol: he is... well... a big furry fiend :D

And I'm not going to post for a while because I like that number :ph34r:

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew I had seen that acronym somewhere. :D

Damn good game.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Battlewookiee isn't a fiend.... :lol: he is... well... a big furry fiend :D

And I'm not going to post for a while because I like that number :ph34r:

Furry fiend? Tssss.. That sounds awfully Han Solo'ish...

(This is the Light Side Female, disengage your engines and prepare to be boarded :thumbsup: )

(That's Junk'o Zane, she's Light Sidee Female, all business :p )

And to get (and hope keep) it on-topic...

I would have totally not needed cameo's IF they had decent character-development.

And seeing as how the cameo's are now I am also glad they didn't make more...

Perhaps the assumption is that the love between LSF Revan and Bastila was not great enough so Revan was not able to save Bastila from the Dark Side and so had to have her killed - which  is why she doesn't appear (for me) in TSL when you say Revan was a LSF... :thumbsup:

Or something :geek::p

My LSF Revan saved Bastila. And took her off down behind the garage, afterwards. :-"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh goody goody, a cameo thread :geek:

I don't know about you guys, but don't you think K2 was a bit...well...depressing? I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a good game. It's just, with all the bad stuff going on in the game and all the secrets and lies (especially the music), It's not a pretty sight..

The cameos were fine for me. In movies, they don't exactly reveal EVERYTHING that happened to people after the movie. (Any good movie director wouldn't do that anyways) Because they want you to imagine the rest and think of possible locations those old characters may have gone to or what they did. That's what invented "Fanfiction" ladies and gentlemen :thumbsup:

I say, that the game wasn't the best of the best, but the cameo apearances were...satisfying.

K2 missed the pep of K1. I know you were able to joke around with Atton, but in K1, you can tease Bastila, Carth, Mission, Jolee and even Canderous...I think lol. It was just more happier and peppier. It's just my opinion. Because really most of us play games to have a rest from our own busy lives and when one game can inflict depressing thoughts and feelings, I really don't want to play it.

WHOA! I'm going totally off topic lol...Well, better quit before I go too far XD

Edit: Removed the spoilers