HK-47 in SW Galaxies game

My PC can always be fixed though :o

Sure it can. Can it fix itself though? Can it fix itself after being blown to bits?

Right. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Just be glad its HK and not GO-TO.

Thing is, G0-T0 actually belongs in that timeframe. (He was the "interrogation droid" Darth Vader used on Princess Leia in A New Hope. Why such a horrid model of droid would exist 3995 years before TPM is beyond me... hell, I'll bet in KOTOR III, you'll get a 3rd droid companion, and it'll be a Gonk droid. :huh::shifty: )

Some people were saying they're glad about it cause it ties in the KOTOR series with the movies... well, hello... they aren't supposed to. <_< KOTOR events happen 4000 years before little "Ani". Why does something from there (other than history) HAVE to exist in the movie timeframe?! That's why there's an expanded universe, not a limited universe between the birth of Anakin Skywalker and the death of Darth Vader. (Yes, its the same person, I know... but we all know what I mean...) I mean, things did occur before then, and have occured since then, so why does it all have to exist during then?? It doesn't, and it shouldn't. Its just another cop-out... just another slack-ass job from LA. Reminds me of all the movie rip-offs in KOTOR II... and the fact that they weren't creative enough to have names for 2 characters... well, names we don't have to go to extreme means to find out... and they don't even have last names! If I can take 5-10 minutes to come up with a Star Wars-y type name for my main character at the beginning of the game, then so can they before they mass-produce the game.

Oh well... I was hoping a quick and satisfying end would become of HK-47, but apparently not. <_<

Maybe you guys haven't noticed but Star Wars belongs to LA and they can mess it up any way they like.  Don't like it?  Don't buy Star Wars crap from them.

Problem solved.  :shifty:

There's a valid argument there. Then again, Star Wars wouldn't be what it is today without the consumer. If you don't keep the consumer happy, then yes, they won't buy your crap, which means LA will be missing out on what they want most: your $$.

Also, you have to think... if they screw with the Star Wars timeline just to make an expansion pack for SW: Galaxies... they've got to deal with so many other factors, like authors who write Star Wars books, who count on a consistant timeline, otherwise it just a bunch of unrelated garbage. That includes books, comics, video games, etc. and if there were ever to be another Star Wars movie, those things would have to be taken into consideration. So does it really make sense for LA to screw with their money-making machine? No. Have they created horrible Star Wars products before? Yes. So if we don't like it, of course we won't buy it. Then maybe they'll get back to focusing on more time-worthy projects, like KOTOR III, which will make them money and keep the consumer happy. Simple really... then the problem is truly solved. :-:huh:

KotOR 3 is not time or money worthy.  The story of KotOR ended with the first game.  Trying to make a sequel for it and trying to give it a "cliff hanger" was idiotic.  Let the series die.

The story didn't end as tons of questions were left unanswered.

If a stopping point in a story meant that sequels shouldn't be made, we wouldn't get games like Baldur's Gate 2 or Fallout 2.

Baldur's Gate left a great deal open so it had a lot of room for a sequel. Also it left room for the Player to continue the advancement of his character.

KotOR didn't. All the major points of the story were solved and concluded as well as the character was maximum level for the rules system used.

Yet had no character development holes.

Just like KotOR 2 but in KotOR 2 they broke the rules of the game and allowed epic levels in Star Wars when there are none.

KotOR failed to explain some of the most important questions regarding Revan, such as what he would do once he had regained all of his power, and what made him turn during the war.

One of those questions was answered in KOTOR:2.

Still, with your logic we wouldn't get Fallout 2, or any host of other sequels.

One could argue that Star Wars was a complete stand-alone movie upon release, and we would never had gotten Empire Strikes Back.

Yet had no character development holes.

Just like KotOR 2 but in KotOR 2 they broke the rules of the game and allowed epic levels in Star Wars when there are none.

KotOR failed to explain some of the most important questions regarding Revan, such as what he would do once he had regained all of his power, and what made him turn during the war.

One of those questions was answered in KOTOR:2.

Still, with your logic we wouldn't get Fallout 2, or any host of other sequels.

One could argue that Star Wars was a complete stand-alone movie upon release, and we would never had gotten Empire Strikes Back.

Huh? There were no important questions regarding Revan after KotOR I - he did whatever it was I thought he did. He was my character.

I like KotOR II a lot, but it certainly wasn't a necessary sequel as KotOR I works fine standalone.

Yes and he have a point.

Revan was done at the end of KotOR as a character, people miss what is nothing but a filling as a "plot hole".

There was nothing un-explained by the end of KotOR about Reven, there is after KotOR 2 because they had to use Revan as fan service and end up greatly expanding Revan role for no reason (besides fan service).

drakron.png

And I hoped this section would remain relatively SWless.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Of that, I have no doubt.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well there are two Star Wars games being developed right now, both are RTS (well one is just Battlefield 2 with a Star War makeover).

I just realized this about SW:G that is .... not doing so great and a lot of people argue about SOE taking over being not exactly a good thing.

I hope that Star Wars: Empire at War turns up decent.

drakron.png

Huh? What?

Oh yeah, what he said.

Maybe you guys haven't noticed but Star Wars belongs to LA and they can mess it up any way they like.  Don't like it?  Don't buy Star Wars crap from them.

Problem solved.  :wub:

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

At least HK-47 beats visions of Kreia. Or maybe they should added the vision of Revan seen in the Korriban tomb...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Problem solved.  :wub:

Another "DUH" argument from the naysayer par excellence. Yes, Hades, we could do that. But then again, that logic applies to some 95% of everything. So, yes, Hades. We could all be like you. But the thing is, we'd rather not. :lol:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.