catalyst 5.8

# Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Running the Dantoonie level of the game no longer result in hesitation being noticed

i don't know why they keep putting that in there. that's been in there for several versions.

Downloading now, although I only got my ATI X800XL about 3 weeks ago and I haven't played K2 yet.

Maybe they've tried to fix it each version and once again they've tried something different.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Err, be careful with that new driver. I DLed it for my 850XT PE and shortly after I started any games the pc would freeze for a few seconds, then a pop-up would appear telling me that my grapgics card is running at an unsafe temperature and will be limited in its clock speeds to help prevent permanent damage.

Err, be careful with that new driver.  I DLed it for my 850XT PE and shortly after I started any games the pc would freeze for a few seconds, then a pop-up would appear telling me that my grapgics card is running at an unsafe temperature and will be limited in its clock speeds to help prevent permanent damage.

Oh man I want one of those!!! (actually I'd want a GF7800 GTX).

Anyway, I'm using 5.8 now with X800XL and I ran Rome Total War and SWAT 4 fine - no temp warnings (actually my card ran exactly the same - speed and temp).

FYI, my temps are about 45C for normal, max 62 under load (default clocks).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

I have a Radeon 9550. Game ran fine until Dantooine, but then I got very slow running and unmovable characters when I got near the map edge. After reading this thread, I installed Catalyst 5.8, and the problem is now completely gone - many thanks for pointing this out. The new driver 6.14.0010.6561 - I did have 6.14.0010.6553.

:cool:

Ho hum .. sorry if I gave anyone false hope .. played a bit more and the fault is still there as bad as ever.

:(

D'oh!

"Mine works fine" :shifty:" :o

Duffman says a lot of things! Oh Yeah!

You are a new member. I gotta start looking at that number more. My usual new member shameless :"> plug: Wanna play Pazaak?

sigpic0yb.jpg

I had loads of problems with the movies in K2, more than K1. I found that I could watch them in bulk, but not in situ (i.e. as part of the game), so I turned them off until I had access to a few, then I watched them.

I have an ATi Fire GL Mobility (which is equivalent to a 9700 or 9800, I think) with 128MB VRAM and DirectX 9.0c. I haven't play with 5.8 yet. (Not sure if I played with 5.7, even.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have managed to get both K1 and K2 running on my laptop using Catalyst 5.4 see herefor how I did it.

What I tried to do was use the Atioglxx.dll from 4.11 & 4.2, but I can't extract them from the .exe file - I've tried using WinZip & WinRAR but get nowhere.

Can anyone offer any suggestions b/c I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, btw I have been to the Guide and have not had any success.

Better still can someone send me the extracted file :)"

I tried this a little while ago and still had to use the Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 fix to stop the Dantooine problem...it didn't help a bit, nevermind what it did to other games.