New Patches

You're missing something. But you're new so I'll hold back on the sarcasm.

The cut content was cut for a reason (which only Obsidian and Lucasarts knows). Obsidian had approached Lucasarts about the possibility of a Content Patch, but Lucasarts said no.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Now that I know what's missing, im forced to ask... why won't Lucasarts allow such a patch to be made? and where can I find the official announcment saying Lucasarts denies such a thing, a link would be nice :ermm: Or is this a question of more intricate mystery, or do they plan to remake the game with everything included then sell it again to rip us off and make more money? I wouldn't doubt it.

It appears Lucasarts wants it hush hush. A thread way back in which one of the Obsid Devs commented on the Content Patch was deleted within 24 hours.

I guess Lucasarts doesn't want people knowing just how crappy their philosophy on supporting their games truly is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My guess is ...

LA has determined that in spite of the facts that is was released as an incomplete, rushed, and buggy game ... it is successful (made profit), is winning awards (not as many as K1, but still a few, which is good for a sequel), and still has an active and devoted following (namely, us).

While we would all be ecstatic if OE was commissioned to devote resources to fixing the game ... and LA devoted resources to QA it ... LA is resolved to call the game "good enough" and move on to something else.

If only LA would take a hint from Blizzard's success as an example of a designer that will never release a game that isn't fully tested - and will shamelessly release patches to add balance fixes, bug and exploit fixes, expansion packs to add content, and never be satisfied with "good enough". (For example, 1 expansion pack, and at least 14 patches later, StarCraft is still being played at major conventions worldwide - mostly due to non-US following - heck, there was a time when you could watch top players battle it out on TV here in Japan !!)

I'm glad to have the game, as flawed as it is. While I wish LA would admit that it is incomplete, rushed, and buggy - I'm not holding my breath.

I think we are all forgetting one thing here, there is still going to be the TSL restoration projects patch, which [if finished] should hopefully return TSL to a lot of its former glory o:), although we do know the are not restoring all of the cut content. Still, it should clear up some unanswered questions from the storyline of the cut TSL :p.

Here's a link

Edited by petay12

I think we are all forgetting one thing here, there is still going to be the TSL restoration projects patch, which [if finished] should hopefully return TSL to a lot of its former glory :-, although we do know the are not restoring all of the cut content. Still, it should clear up some unanswered questions from the storyline of the cut TSL :).

Here's a link

Yes all our hopes and prayers are now on Team Gizka.

But it really bugs me that Lucas arts lagging with releasing the hi end music and video patch, which we probably never will see. Marcussun really made an effort to restore the game music, but when Obsidian announced the patch was on its way he closed the project. Sad because in my opinion his restored music sounded allot better then the original mono. Now we probably won

If they ever make a new patch why don't they put in all of the cut content thats missing?

Cut Content is cut and unfinished, and to finish them would probably take more time/money than fixing bugs - although there are obviously heaps of bugs which still happen.

Besides, they aren't even releasing stuff that is already finished - higher quality music and movies. The issue relating to distributing such large files isn't much and takes less work than working on the cut content anyway.

Go Team Gizka!!!

(btw did you try a search...)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I'd be anything that the ONLY reason the game was "rushed" was so it would get out on the shelves BEFORE Episode III hit theatres in order to promote the movie.

Certainly not in Obsidians eyes, but in Lucas Film's / Lucas Arts' eyes:

KOTOR2 = Marketing tool.

Christmas is more likely...

Anyways, we still wait for the Movies/Music patch, who was finished with 1.0B but was seperated for the size and only needed an installer programmed for. That would take a day or 2...

Ofcourse it takes a month of 2 for LA to install it, and then a month of 2 for the actual testing that was done about a month of 4 before... :-"