What's the deal with Bastila?

The Exile is the last of the Jedi. But Bastila is still alive and the message recorded in T3's core says you should find her or someone else of the Jedi. This clearly shows she's still a Jedi. So, this is one.

Then, the way she enters the stage after the Exile's gone and the way she starts talking to Carth... it doesn't really look like good friends. It could be, but not really. However, the message was clear in that she cared for Revan and didn't want to lose him. Something that Kreia said also made things quite clear.

This doesn't look right. She either is a Jedi or not. And she has a relationship either with Revan or with Carth. This is strange.

Or Kreia lied and said you were the last, for her own reasons. Nihilus can only sense groups of Jedi, so there might be hundreds of individual Jedi hiding, ready to come crawling out of the woodwork and be really snooty in Kotor 3. They may not know of each other - remember the masters in Kotor 2 didn't even know about Atris. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Not to mention people should stop taking a character's belief or comment so literally.

Afterall, Princess Leia's message was "help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope." Yet that wasn't true, since it was Luke, not Obi Wan, who rescued her and blew up the Death Star.

Yet people seem to have so much trouble getting it through their head why even though the Exile is referred to as "the last Jedi", that doesn't mean it's an error when it's proven he's not. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If Kreia manipulated you into thinking you were the last Jedi, then you would be more easily manipulated.

I don't know, the Exile has been gone a long time. Besides, no one ever said the Exile was very bright...

Actually, the exile did seem a tad dull in some scenes, especially when talking to Kreia. They even have Kreia contradict herself in some scenes to make the exile look stupid:

Kreia: "No one can possess that kind of power and still be called..."

Exile: "How can anyone have that kind of power?"

Kreia: "Power? No, you are mistaken..."

:thumbsup:

Kriea didn't do that. She did however manipulate Sion and Nihilus in thinking you to be the last of the Jedi.

And someone (Atris, I believe the consensus from another thread determined) posted information about you in all the galactic databases ... leading Kreia to you, and leading G0-T0 to put a bounty on your head, causing all the trouble that got you to Peragus, and all the trouble on Peragus, in the first place.

All of the LS Jedi/Masters you encounter were in hiding, after Nihilus' attack on Visas' homeworld (Katarn ?? - I'm crappy with most names) ...

- Bastila - unknown where she was, but most likely with Carth (if you chose Revan as LS - if you chose DS Revan, it doesn't matter - she was DS and left behind to run the Sith academy on Korriban)

- The remaining Masters (Zez, Vrook, Vash, Kavar, Atris) are in hiding on the various planets you visit throughout the game, and most give some clue as to why.

You don't encounter any other LS Jedi, which leads me to two possible conclusions ...

1. you are the only other remaining (previously, before being cut off from the force and subsequently exiled) LS Jedi

- or -

2. the few others that didn't assemble on Katarn are in hiding, avoiding detection in order to prevent another attack by Nihilus

Spelling of Bastila corrected ... like I said, I'm crappy with names ...

Edited by SamuraiGaijin

Guest MacleodCorp
The Exile is the last of the Jedi. But Bastila is still alive and the message recorded in T3's core says you should find her or someone else of the Jedi. This clearly shows she's still a Jedi. So, this is one.

Then, the way she enters the stage after the Exile's gone and the way she starts talking to Carth... it doesn't really look like good friends. It could be, but not really. However, the message was clear in that she cared for Revan and didn't want to lose him. Something that Kreia said also made things quite clear.

This doesn't look right. She either is a Jedi or not. And she has a relationship either with Revan or with Carth. This is strange.

When I play through the game, I never see alot of these events. I wonder if my CD is flawed, for I never notice this dialogue. Once and a while Carth with show up, or another Republican representitive, but I never once see Bastilla. Except in the hidden tomb. I also heard there is a hologram, which Bastilla talks to you about something. What conditions need to be meet, so I can get these conversations?

When I play through the game, I never see alot of these events. I wonder if my CD is flawed, for I never notice this dialogue. Once and a while Carth with show up, or another Republican representitive, but I never once see Bastilla. Except in the hidden tomb. I also heard there is a hologram, which Bastilla talks to you about something. What conditions need to be meet, so I can get these conversations?

Set Revan Male Lightside, once your finished repairing T3-M4 you'll see a hologram of Bastilla , and when your done talking to 'Admiral' Onassi, Bastilla will make a cameo appearence. :ermm:

It is interesting to note that Bastila will only appear if Revan is LSM or DS.

I saw on a forum that apparently there is a rumor going around that in the LSF Revan storyline Bastila does not survive the Star Forge :rolleyes:

But anyway, doesn't Atris admit that it was she who spread the rumors of the Exile being the last Jedi to lure out the Sith?

Guest MacleodCorp

I saw on a forum that apparently there is a rumor going around that in the LSF Revan storyline Bastila does not survive the Star Forge  :rolleyes:

But anyway, doesn't Atris admit that it was she who spread the rumors of the Exile being the last Jedi to lure out the Sith?

I never saw that in conversation... When does that happen?

It happens when you return to the Jedi Academy on Telos

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I saw on a forum that apparently there is a rumor going around that in the LSF Revan storyline Bastila does not survive the Star Forge  :(

Well that sucks, especially considering how important she was to the game. I hope that's not the case. If you think about it, she was the most important character in K1 except for Revan.

I remember back in freakin' pre-production when everyone and their mother had a problem with "If the main character is the last jedi, how come we can have jedi party members?" Pffft...

Last KNOWN jedi.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh come on, this is only a rumor, and perhaps a false one. After all, even if you kill Bastila on the Star Forge, she appears in the final cutscene anyway. The thing is, there is no reason for Bastila to care much about a female Revan.

There is more to the Exile being the last of the Jedi than the rumour. At first, it's clearly said that the Sith believe him to be a Jedi despite his exile. Next, it's explained that they believe him also to be the last one, even if Atris claims the same title and the locations of the masters are downloaded by T3 from Atris's computer.

Atris mentions knowing where the other masters are, but she believes them to have abandoned their ways and thinks they need to be convinced to return, as it were. This is the task she sets before the Exile.

Next, Atris herself looks quite weird and has apparently lost some connection with reality. Other masters radiate a similar feeling. While Vrook is still a steadfast Jedi, Zez Kai pronounces the Exile to be more of a Jedi than he himself is. Besides, Zez Kai is on a self-imposed exile and practically a gray Jedi at this point.

Finally, however, Kreia slaughters the masters and there is no Council anymore, following Atris's fall to the Dark Side. The Handmaiden calls herself Brianna the disciple of the last of the Jedi. It is still a fact that Revan is potentially alive somewhere, though.

Perhaps Revan and Bastila are not really with the Jedi Order? Revan was probably the most powerful Jedi and he made his own decision to leave the known universe and deal with the Sith thread at its core. Bastila's affiliation at that time was obviously Revan first and foremost and the Council second if at all. It seems to me that Revan and Bastila could be some kind of meta-Jedi, on the Light Side and not out of the Council's graces but standing on their own. The fact that he gives orders both to Admiral Onasi of the Republic and Mandalore supports the idea that Revan might be a meta figure, above the heads of the rulers of the galaxy.

As for the romance, the message in T3's core is clear enough on the fact that Bastila and Revan have a relationship. However, the way she enters the room after the Exile leaves and the way she talks to Carth suggests some kind of a close and intimate relationship, possibly a romantic one. This impression is reinforced by the fact that she enters the room only when the Exile has already left. In conjunction with the fact that Bastila and the Exile know each other, as evidencomed by his recognising her in the Korriban tomb, this also suggests that she is hiding from the Exile. She does not want to be seen.

I suppose we have some sort of explanation as to why Bastila can still be alive and the Exile still deemed the last of the Jedi. We can also establish that her relationship with Carth is a close one but not of a romantic nature. But why is she hiding from the Exile? This question is not easily answered.

And let's not forget what nerve Atris has in keeping your lightsaber

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.