What is your favourite racing game?

Colin McRae rally was the last one I played, then my friends got all ambitious and started to buy wheels and things that I didnt want to spend money on.

I was thinking about buying the latest Formula One game but theyre so advanced these days that you HAVE to have a steering wheel+pedals to play on the realistic difficulty settings :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Baley, it might have had something to do with the thread getting moved.

In any case, I'd probably say Gran Turismo.

I couldn't possibly say Gran Turismo 2, 3, or 4, since I find the games to basically be Gran Turismo. Not much has changed in the series IMO. I prefer the original.

Colin McRae rally was the last one I played, then my friends got all ambitious and started to buy wheels and things that I didnt want to spend money on.

I was thinking about buying the latest Formula One game but theyre so advanced these days that you HAVE to have a steering wheel+pedals to play on the realistic difficulty settings :blink:

Why? I find it also quite good to play it on the gamepad.

I don't play racing games much anymore. I always wrecked too much. :blink: Not to mention nightmares of Kenetica and the old Nascar game. *shudder*

I'm thinking about picking up a few if this summer doesn't get any more interesting though.

sig2.gif

I swear I saw "What is your favourite racist game?" as the thread's title. Needs some rest, this one does.

In any case I haven't kept much up to date with racing games. The last games I played and owned were Virtua Racing (for the short-lived Sega 32X), Destruction Derby (for PSX) and Rally Championship (for PC). Though for what it's worth I tried out some Gran Turismo game recently and it was pretty fun.

The only thing i can imagine that is more boring than a racing game is rowing. Round and round and round. Sheesh.

GTA is about the only car oriented game I like, and that's cause if people cut me up I can stop my car, climb out, and shoot them. You mod Colin McRae so I can do that and maybe I'll sign up.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Erhmm, I hate racing games. Not as much as sport games, but quite gratuitously.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Why are people writing crap about how much they hate racing games in a thread that's called "What is your favourite racing game?"? Can it get much clearer than that? If you don't like racing games, why on earth do you click on this thread?? Noone's interested in hearing about your hatred for racing games!

Anyhow:

Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (The feel of this game has not been surpassed, in my opinion)

Burnout 3: Takedown (Over the top action, fun in split screen)

Rally Trophy (Normal cars, classic cars and real tracks)

Xpand Rally (Fantastic multiplayer over the internet and huge, free maps)

Those are the titles I've played the most.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

We wouldn't want to appear rude by ignoring the thread completely.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Anyone here played WRC 4? I played the demo for PS2 and it was quite interesting.

But now I have GT4! Mostly I like the Italian and French cost cities with there small streets. It makes fun to race there a rally. :(

A good feature of GT4 is that you can choose classic cars. :p

Anyone here played WRC 4? I played the demo for PS2 and it was quite interesting.

No, I heard it was delayed for some reason. But you're right about it looking highly interesting. I'll probably be getting that too. You can never have too many racing games ;)

For some reason I've never been amoured by the Gran Turismo series. I don't know why I'm the only one feeling this, but those games seem way too 'stiff' for me. Just like Forza Motorsport does on the Xbox. Weird.

By the way, I forgot about Rallisport Challenge 2 on the Xbox. That's probably the BEST rally game I've played, but since I don't own an Xbox myself (cousin does) I haven't been able to play it as much as the other titles I mentioned in my earlier post. But it sure does belong in the top game list!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What racing game do you like most? Gran Turismo 4?

My favourite one is GT4. Everything at this game is perfect.

You like the graphics, the cars, the circuits and the music!  (w00t)

I love it.  :lol:

Car racing? Or racing in general? Racing in general would be Excitebike or Road Rash.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.