What games are you looking forward to?

alanschu

Could probably add Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy to that list of mine.

I just played the demo and it seems like a neat story.

Same here. Good demo. With this and Dreamfall in the works, it might be a good year for adventures. :p:(:o

They need to do something about the interface, though - honestly, the left/right quick clicking thing is ridiculous. They also need to make sure there's a decent game to match the story. I just finished Still Life - nice characters, nice story, where's the game?

I think they're trying to keep it relatively simplified, where the game will be based upon the choices that you make.

Apparenlty how you play through the opening scene as Lucas dictates how the investigation goes, when you take over control of the police investigator investigating you. For instance, my first play through I hid the body and washed up. Almost left without paying, I also tried talking to random people, which in hindsights was dumb because people would then get a good look at my face. But I didn't clean up my mess, and left the murder weapon at the scene. Tsk tsk.

My second attempt, I just bolted from the scene. Made a big ruckus and scared the crap out of the waitress. So she's got positive identification, plus the crime scene is virtually unaltered. Things that could maket things interesting in the investigation.

I like the idea of playing both the fugitive and the investigator. So far I have high hopes that it's going to be a pretty solid story.

I'm also curious how his stress level is going to affect the game.

EDIT: And I didn't mind the clicking interface. It's a simple enough interface, that mimics the second analog stick of the game controller.

The first scene of the demo (I guess is the first scene of the game) is a real crux moment, where every little detail will matter.

For the game to be successful, much will depend on how the designer balances this kind of scene with others. Too many important, condensed scenes and the experience will be horribly short. We also need longer, story-developing chapters with fewer choices. I really really hope they get this right - this could be a genuinely innovative game, and that's always exciting.

I still hate the left/right clicky thing. I know now what it reminded me of - last game I played with anything like this was Daley Thompson's Decathlon for the Commodore 64, and I got through three joysticks in a month before my parents took it off me. :'(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It's still an adventure style game, so I'm fairly confident it won't be too short.

And I am hoping that the rest of the game will have the level of detail that the opening scene does.

I actually got arrested in one version of the game :D

I also kinda liked the opening scene where the director comes in (in game) and tells you a bit about the story ;)

Uhm. I have also tried the Fahrenheit demo (looks fantastic so far) but I didn't get to play the officer..?

I hid the body, mopped the blood pool off the floor, washed up, threw away the knife, got a coin from some sort of dispenser on the wall, went out of the bathroom, paid the bill and left through the subway exit.

Demo over.

Tried it again in a few different ways, but

as soon as the officer enters the bathroom, he always spots the line of blood (from dragging the corpse) and I get arrested prematurely (if I'm still in the diner) or I just escape. Is there some way to remove that line of blood and make the officer miss the crime scene?

Edit: Oops, those spoiler tags made the entire post black ;)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

As far as I know

you cannot remove that final splotch of blood. And you cannot play the officer in the demo. The officer in the game is not the same officer that finds the crime scene. I'd imagine it's one of those concessions to propel the story forward. Also I am thinking that the detectives will come to different conclusions if the area is more cleaned up. Like perhaps it was premeditated or something, or that Lucas is a sick bastard for taking his time

I'm curious with how the story immediately follows up the scene.

PoP3

Empire At War

Junction Point Studio's new one (It's william Spector, It's gotta be good)

Halo 3 (put things to rest)

the Total Annhilation groups new game (forgot the name)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dragon Age and NWN Deuce.

Also the RTR 6.0 mod for Rome: Total War.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

the Total Annhilation groups new game (forgot the name)

The very original: Supreme Commander, iirc

Hammer & Sickle

Zelda: twilight princess

Heros of Might and Magic 86 (or whatever number we're at now)

Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion

Neverwinter Nights 2

Empire at War

Gothic 3

Freedom Fighters 2 (if it ever happens)

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Night Watch

And where did everyone get this Farenheit demo? I read it's not out till sept, the demo, not the game.

The only game I'm looking for right now is Age of Decadence as it promises to be one of the few CRPGs nowadays which features actual roleplaying instead of adventure gameplay with stats. I tried to build an interest for other big budget titles like Oblivion or NwN 2 but somehow even thinking about them creates a feeling of boredom due to the fact that in the end it's again the same old games with cosmetic changes and after years of sequels and rip-offs I'm tired of the games market right now.

Junction Point Studio's new one (It's WARREN Spector, It's gotta be good)

Fix'd. :blink:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sry didn't take my medication. So I lost all sense of ability.

I would like to add:

Black

Dirge of the Cerebus

the Remake of FF7 for PS3

and (if it ever comes out) Advent Children (yes it's a movie but it's also a spinoff of a game)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

1.Oblivion (The A.I. has piqued my interest, plus...You can get a horsey!!!)

2.Halo 3 (I have to see the ending...I just have to)

3.NWN 2

4.Half-Life 2: Aftermath (I'm really hoping for an Opposing Forces type of expansion)

5.Black and White 2

6.Call of Duty 2

7.Peter Jackson's King Kong

8.NFS: Most Wanted

9.Dragon Age

10.SW: Battlefront 2

11.Empire At War

12.KOTOR 3

I sense the need for a much higher cash flow.

And what game were you guys talking about? The adventure game with the cleaning up of the crime scene. That sounded...intriguing, to say the least.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

And what game were you guys talking about? The adventure game with the cleaning up of the crime scene. That sounded...intriguing, to say the least.

Indigo Prophecy, called Fahrenheit in North America.

Demo is here, and on other major sites.

Thank you!

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I WANT CYBER CLIFFRACERS!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

AND BUKKAKE!

kirottu said: