KotOR II - Was it an 'Expansion Pack'?

Guest MacleodCorp

KotOR II - Was it an 'Expansion Pack'?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. KotOR II - Was it an 'Expansion Pack'?

• KotOR II - Could be considered an Expansion Pack.
    • KotOR II - Was an over priced Expansion Pack.
    • KotOR II - Was an incomplete stand alone complex.
    • KotOR II - Was a perfect stand alone complex.

So basically this thread says "if I dislike a game or dislike how it turned out, I'll call it an expansion pack by looking at the broad definition of expansion pack and disregarding everything else". That's what I'm getting out of the arguments DarthMacLeod is presenting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest MacleodCorp
Surely just the KotOR 2 says to you that it is a sequel not an expansion pack anyway, since most expansion packs dont run in a line like so.

WarCraft, Starfleet Command

I wouldn't say it's an expansion pack as it can function independently of another game but the lack of a completeness in the final product does beg the question. That being said, KOTOR II should have been sold at a price reflective to its state of completion. This price should have been around the price expansion packs are typically sold at (around $25 to $30). Personally, I don't consider it canon at all. The storyline makes little sense following the original KOTOR. It's more like an odd divergence into an alternate Star Wars universe.

I think someone failed their duh check.  Is it a stand alone product?  Yes.  Therefore not an expansion.

That's one of my main criteria too. (Uhh, does it *really* matter if it was an expansion pack or not).

Although I was kinda suprised that C&C Generals Zero Hour Expansion seems like a stand-alone (it apparently still needs C&C Generals but it's size makes it look like a standalone expansion). Another example of this is Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith.

Even material wise, K2 has enough to be it's own game.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I just realised how boring it must be for you K-fans to just kill time here hoping K3 to be developed and released. It will be interesting to see how many have gone already nuts when it will finally happen after 2 or 3 years. :wacko:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've never watched Family Guy, so the humor is lost on me. Nice try though :wacko:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So basically this thread says "if I dislike a game or dislike how it turned out, I'll call it an expansion pack by looking at the broad definition of expansion pack and disregarding everything else".  That's what I'm getting out of the arguments DarthMacLeod is presenting.

More or less. It shouldn't be very surprising though, this *is* after all another DarthMacLeod topic.