Deadly Games

Laozi

Hihihi, I remeber when we had first discovered CS and we'd been playing for several hours on end when we decided to quit and go out. For maybe 5min I kept having this urge to leftclick people in the head :D my rephlexes had adapted themselves to such a high degree :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think its verified human behaviour that the older generation always tries to ban the 'pleasures' of the younger which they dont understand. Anything from people claiming that the Beatles is to blame for Charles Manson to trying to get Beethoven kicked out of Vienna because his music supposedly inspired lewd behaviour in their youth.

:D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, hours have passed, let's see if I can respons "civilized" now... :ph34r:

My mother E-mailed me this week telling me about an article in this months Readers Digest. I picked up a copy today and it tells of Devin Moore an 18yr. old who shot three officers to death and led police on a brief manhunt

Agreeing here upon statements above. This guy has killed cops and is unlickely to NOT be sentanced for Death-Trial (unless he lives in one of the USA's Non-Death Penalty states)

Upon being apprehended Moore first asked officers to "Please shoot me. Please shoot me."

I wonder why the cops didn't even done that? Didn't he killed 3 partners before and shown he is dangerous and could even have a go at the people who arrest him?

And later in the jailhouse spouted these wods of wisdom, "Life is like a video game. You have to die sometime."

Wisdom, eh? Anyway, to blame it on somethings a guy says once, and you can convict the Whole World for "who knows what"

Moore had never been in any real trouble before this, perhaps some minor "offences"

Which are still criminal acts... anyways

and played Grand Thief Auto

So was this the game? (mispelled?)

so of course the video game industry is to blame for his actions.

Yep. Ofcourse. Also noteworthy that this would be posted into the article far before the result of test that point out he was Pchysically ill at a young age...

Jack Thompson, a Miami attorney and antiviolent videogame advocate

This guy is on a wrecking campaign against R* on such cases, but also suffers from some things, like how he thinks he can wholesomely improve the world by his "Crusades" (see his email adres JackPeace (something)

sightes this case in a $600 million civilsuit (consisting of himself, and the relatives of the victims of Moore)

Wonder why the parents aren't there? Don't they have to witness the Trial of their child?

against the entire chain that makes, distributes or sells GTA. That incompasses Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., and Rockstar Games; the Sony Corp. of America, and retailers Wal-Mart and Gamestop

As I stated before. If you start suing retailers, why only 2? It is not like only two companies are the only ones to ever sell GTA. Afraid of bad publicity himself, if he sues all GTA sell-points???

To prove his case Thompson intends to present neurobiological research that shows how children's maturing brains are organically conditioned to respond in certain ways to specific types of stimuli.

Which process should be ended at the age of 18, the Age you are allowed to play any of the GTA games. If you play GTA before that age, you really have no rights to blame R*, since you were "Illegally playing the game" anyways, and that is something R* can not prevent, only governmental rules on shops...

Over time, studies suggest that learned responses become hard-wired into the brain. Video games can be particuliarly effective tools for that wiring because they are interactive.

Yep, to the weakminded and the young. These people shouldn't play videogames in the first place. And the will also be influenced by other media, like TV and newspapers...

Moore came from a broken home;

Which is a (already in history) proven point for causing violence and anti-social actions

his parents, who never married, went through a nasty split when he was very young

I know quite some people who had something like that too, and they are always seriously messed up from it, and all the complications included in the divorcing procedures. Most of them play games too, yet none have after pulled a gun and shot some random people, due to it...

The prosecution's own experts has diagnosed Moore with post-traumatic stress disorder stemming from a turbulent childhood.

Yet THAT they don't have. And it seems proven that he it left more marks on him than an avarage person, allowing games like GTA to give him ideas, since he was already weakened mentally to see the difference Real-life/game before playing so

Byebye Hooah, we'll light a bunsen for you.

About the topic; everything has already been said. Something clicked in an already sick mind.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest GroinOfDespair

We just need to eliminate all negative video games, force everyone to play Barbie Fashion Rancher, and then learn to love Big Brother.

I think everyone seems to be missing the point. It isn't the video game companies fault, it's the governments fault for planting subliminal messages into the video games and causing everyone that plays them a lot to turn into new government supersoldiers who are not phased by the thought of taking another's life.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

**** vagina.

Truly.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I've been through this debate (not here) before. It's incredible how ppl see only what they believe supports their postition.

But consider that conventional psychology tells us that an activity to release our anger actually reduces our violent tendencies (some psychologists recommend things like hitting a target with a foam bat to release feelings of anger). Similarly, conventional wisdom tells us to write a letter to a person with whom we are angry, and fully express our anger in the letter, then trash the letter, in order to overcome our feelings of anger.

Statistically, violence has decreased in the US over the past decade (don't know if that includes the last couple of years). However the use of violent video games has increased during the same period. To me it seems quite possible that the anger release achieved by playing violent video games might be responsible for the decrease in real world violence.

Finally, what about the impact of real world violence. Currently in the US we have a President who repeatedly tells everyone in real life video, that violence is the only way to deal with problems. Negotiation does not work. Following the rule of law and relying on national and international law enforcement agencies will not work. Only the direct violence of war can solve our problems. Doesn't this line of thinking from our national "leader" coupled with daily exposure to real violence (news reports about the war) cause violence?

Meh.

What about that kid that killed his freind for selling his virtual sword on some game...

Sorry, no link right now.

Japan has even more sex and violence in their videogames and cartoons and they have no problems.

Yes exactly. Thank you. And the violent sex "manga" comics (that include lots of forced sex) are a huge seller in Japan. Yet the incedence of rape on a per capita basis in Japan is miniscule compared to the US.

What about that kid that killed his freind for selling his virtual sword on some game...

Sorry, no link right now.

News of the Weird reported a story that two parents were arguing who were better Christians, so one beat the other to death literally with a Bible. By the same logic, the Bible causes everyone to murder! We must ban it!

Sick individuals will be sick individuals. We need to place blame where it truly lies and stop passing the buck, period.

I agree, I'm not saying video games are to blame. I think we are all in the same boat on this internet game forum.

Sorry. I just breifly remember something about it. Like I said, I don't have a link, but how old was the guy? Like 18 or something. I know his freind that he stabbed was still living with his parents.

Sorry.  I just breifly remember something about it.  Like I said, I don't have a link, but how old was the guy?  Like 18 or something.  I know his freind that he stabbed was still living with his parents.

I'm pretty sure that China was the locale, and the individual has already been convicted and sentenced by the courts. But anyone looking to use this incident to support a link between real world violence and video games is completely ignoring the entire science of statistical analysis. Simply put, one incident cannot possibly establish a statistical link, much less a cause-effect relationship.