Deadly Games

Laozi

Also, the case about violent video games effecting kids as they grow up (I assume between like 12-17) shouldnt be playing GTA because it is rated M FOR FREAKING MATURE,  PARENTS NEED TO NOT LET THEIR KIDS PLAY THIS STUFF IF ITS SO DAMAGING.  Got it parents stop blaming the gaming industry and instead get your kids some psycho kids some counseling because they obviously need it if they can't differentiate between fantasy and reality.  Get it, got it, good. >_<

Actually, the evidence suggests that trying to treat certain types of sociopathy and psychopathy is not only futile, but increases their dangerousness.

It seems these fruitcakes learn how to mimick the emotional responses that help normal people notice their different (i.e. they display no empathy or normal body language, so people feel weird around them: there is some research into the micro-body-language for human robots, to make them less frightening).

The result is these sick people are able to better camouflage their differences, and can better sneak up and attack their victims!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Also, the case about violent video games effecting kids as they grow up (I assume between like 12-17) shouldnt be playing GTA because it is rated M FOR FREAKING MATURE,  PARENTS NEED TO NOT LET THEIR KIDS PLAY THIS STUFF IF ITS SO DAMAGING.  Got it parents stop blaming the gaming industry and instead get your kids some psycho kids some counseling because they obviously need it if they can't differentiate between fantasy and reality.  Get it, got it, good. >_<

Actually, the evidence suggests that trying to treat certain types of sociopathy and psychopathy is not only futile, but increases their dangerousness.

It seems these fruitcakes learn how to mimick the emotional responses that help normal people notice their different (i.e. they display no empathy or normal body language, so people feel weird around them: there is some research into the micro-body-language for human robots, to make them less frightening).

The result is these sick people are able to better camouflage their differences, and can better sneak up and attack their victims!

Maybe i shouldnt have used the word Psycho, may be a better term would be issues or FREAKIN' PROBLEMS

I hate it when people use video games as a scapegoat. I've been playing violent video games all my life and they haven't affected me. If someone goes on a rampage, it's because they chose to do it. These people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

It was neat when I watched a video about psychopathy in my criminology class.

They indeed are very charismatic, and the one guy had a very convincing case that he had been rehabilitated and would be ready for society and whatnot. I was shocked when additional, more cryptic testing, indicated he was still displaying all symptoms of psychopathy.

I actually felt sorry for them, because they seem unable to feel or even comprehend emotion. This is why they are able to do what they do with no remorse. I couldn't imagine going through life without emotion.....they miss out on the best parts of life >_<

It was neat when I watched a video about psychopathy in my criminology class.

They indeed are very charismatic, and the one guy had a very convincing case that he had been rehabilitated and would be ready for society and whatnot.  I was shocked when additional, more cryptic testing, indicated he was still displaying all symptoms of psychopathy.

I actually felt sorry for them, because they seem unable to feel or even comprehend emotion.  This is why they are able to do what they do with no remorse.  I couldn't imagine going through life without emotion.....they miss out on the best parts of life >_<

that's the scary thing. And they fill that void with some other persuit: power, generally. (Power over others in some way, whether in the boardroom or rape at knifepoint.)

But to protect the society, they have to be isolated.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes.

(Spoken like a true gung-ho died-in-the-wool enlist-as-soon-as-he's-able infantryman! :lol:)

Oh yes, video games have made me all gung-ho. I want to serve so I can kill people like I do in video games :rolleyes:

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

Yes.

(Spoken like a true gung-ho died-in-the-wool enlist-as-soon-as-he's-able infantryman! :lol:)

Oh yes, video games have made me all gung-ho. I want to serve so I can kill people like I do in video games :rolleyes:

Prove they didn't. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

that's the scary thing. And they fill that void with some other persuit: power, generally. (Power over others in some way, whether in the boardroom or rape at knifepoint.)

The impression that I got, is that they can still preceive pleasurable sensations...it's just not on that deep "emotional" level.

Certain things like sex and power serve as strong reinforcers for them. I if you were to dabble in Freud's conceptualization of the Brain, they have a whole lot of Id :D

Yes.

Prove it how, praytell? And I'll leave that as my final post on these boards for 14-18 weeks. Bye everybody! (w00t)

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Boy I just can't wait to read the modern day equivalent of 53DUC710N 0V 73H 1NN0C3N7, and I'm sure that whoever the reincarnation of Fredrick Wortham will be a blast to see on talkshows...untill the GAMING CODE comes out and games are rendered "Kid Safe" :mellow:

Yes.

(Spoken like a true gung-ho died-in-the-wool enlist-as-soon-as-he's-able infantryman! :mellow:)

Oh yes, video games have made me all gung-ho. I want to serve so I can kill people like I do in video games :(

Prove it how, praytell? And I'll leave that as my final post on these boards for 14-18 weeks. Bye everybody! (w00t)

Bye dude, good luck :thumbsup:

If video games turn some people into vicious killers, they also improve the reflexes and strategic thinking of other players, giving them a better chance to dodge or outwit the vicious killers when they attack.

Edit: Bye, 11XHooah. Good luck in 'learning to kill people' school. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

People who blame video games for the actions of broken people are dumb.

Violent videogames don't make you violent, violent people are drawn to violent videogames.

That's not to say everyone who plays violent video games are psychotic though :p

Just that 1% of crazy people are drawn to it.

To prove his case Thompson intends to present neurobiological research that shows how children's maturing brains are organically conditioned to respond in certain ways to specific types of stimuli. Over time, studies suggest that learned responses become hard-wired into the brain. Video games can be particuliarly effective tools for that wiring because they are interactive.

I'm going to have to sue the Church concerning the Bible as it's arguably the most violent book on earth. Who's looking after the kids that have to go to scripture? Our children are being hardwired with all this violence.