ATI X800XL Wallpaper

dufflover

Well, thats about you versus the other 98% ATI users who cant play a single game without fiddling with drivers back and forth. Like I used to be, for instance (I exaggretate of course, it was only about every third game but thats too much)

Uhm.. The entire crew of Spel2 has switched to ATI to be able to play effortlessly. I know I switched to ATI to be able to play older games (for our retro section).

ATI's latest drivers always works for me, while with my old Nvidia I had to switch between old drivers (under 30.xx and over 30.xx) for certain games.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So how about a MSI NX6600-VTD256, would that be a good purchase? I'm not interested in spending too much cash, mind you. :-

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

It is a LOT cheaper to build teh shiznitz gaming pc yourself. Just buy all the components from a reputable dealer: check out the modding mags (they'll have references for good and bad dealers) and lots of tips.

PC Format, while not strickly a modding mag, does have regular features on the best kit for different budgets (and these need to be redone at least twice a year). They have a list of their recommendations for each component in evey magazine.

Right now there are a couple of major hardware compoents being radically changed, like motherboards (64 bit is almost prevalent enough to be the Next Big Thing standard), DDR3, multi-cores and PCI-E (16x) (these normally have 10-20 year cycles). I am aiming to wait about six-to-nine months, then I'll buy a special gaming rig, with all the fun stuff. By that time, I expect a projector and home-cinema type production for under

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmmm...maybe I bought this X850XT PE a bit early. Great, now I'll be kicking myself for not waiting the extra week or two.

Then again...I did upgrade from a 5600XT...so I guess it's not all bad news.

And didn't the 7800's price drop, by some $100 or so within a week of its being introduced?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I don't believe in spending more than $200 for a video card. I've found that 99% of the time I can play most any game on the market at max settings with a $200 card, and I don't actually get a significantly better gaming experience spending say $500 on a video card. And that $500 video card will become a $200 card before you know it.

I look at the return I'm getting versus the dollars I'm spending.

Hmmm...maybe I bought this X850XT PE a bit early. Great, now I'll be kicking myself for not waiting the extra week or two.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I just bought a 6800ultra along with other goodies. I kept waiting to press the "register purchase" button cause my guts told me something was wrong. And lo and behold, the next day they had a fresh stock of 7800's for 800kr(about 100$) more :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Send it back! Get a new card! Capture the daughter of one of the receptionists, and cut her finger off and send it to them, and say you'll keep sending bits until the exchange your video card for a new one ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT