λ

Sounds interesting.

My fav released mod (beta) so far is Plan of Attack. Get the beta at http://www.planofattackgame.com/

Basically, online team+objective-based mod. Two teams, each with a base. Each map has 3 other objectives. Each round, one team attacks and the other defends. At the beginning of the round, one member of the attacking team is randomly chosen to be the leader, and dictates WHICH objective is to be captured. There is also a 'strategy maker' in which this leader draws a plan on the map to show HOW the team should proceed in said assault. Very conducive to teamwork. Each objective grants different rewards, varying amounts of XP and money. Very fun.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

PoA looks pretty decent, too. (I was waiting for Hooha to notice the Insurgency one; looks like there is another for him to get excited about.) :D

I'm not a big fan of MMORPGs, or online PvP Fragfestooneries, but I'm always interested in a good single player campaign.

Having said that, the Badge of Blood and Hostile Planet ones look pretty well done.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Still no news of Cpl. Shepard?

Damn shame, it's one of the few reasons that could convince me to install HL2 again.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nope, the new expansion Aftermath is Gordon (and Alyx, too) getting the fcuk out of Dodge:

Half-Life 2: Aftermath is the expansion pack for HL2, last year's popular and acclaimed shooter. The expansion takes place right after the events in HL2, and you and Alyx will flee from City 17, fighting against creatures who were previous blocked from enetering the city. The Citadel you assaulted in HL2 is tumbling into chaos, and this event will have catastrophic effects on the surrounding area, prompting your escape. Secondary characters Alyx and Dog will have a much more significant role in this follow-up.

Half Life 2: Aftermath, the first expansion pack for HL2 takes place after the happenings in Half Life 2. The game starts where HL2 left off, you got to escape from the city before it blows up. Get ready for another dose of Half Life 2 this summer, no tan for you. Oh, and the creatures aren't dead.

GamePro gossip:

... Pushing the physics envelope a bit further, Aftermath also promises to add new abilities to the Gravity gun and a wider variety of puzzles.

Details surrounding the game remain sketchy: Valve remains tight-lipped as to what new weapons or vehicles to expect from the game, if any. Abstract revelations aside, expect the game to nevertheless be a hit when its released. ...

Look for it after the split with Vivendi is official: August 31, 2005.

Three preview screenshots

Incidentally, whilst perusing the Valve site, I found a bit of concept art:

She's called a Female Assassin. She was probably was meant to be the Half-Life 2 equivalent to the flipping-out ninja-esque black ops of Counter-Strike, or does that mean Counter-Strke 2 is on it's way ...? (w00t)

PS: It must be good; ServerSpy have already got a rating of 81% (based on 0 reviews)!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well aware of the outline of Aftermath thanks :thumbsup:

I'm a Half-Life junkie. I was just hoping it would be following Shephard I thought it would be neat to have a sequel to an expansion pack, with the sequel of the game that the first expansion pack was made for :-

Alyx ;)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I liked Eclipse. Very short, very simple; but worth playing if for nothing else than to see what else can be done with Source other than scifi-fps.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

What about Eclipse?  A finished total conversion for Half Life 2 made by Guildhall students.

http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/eclipse/

I had seen it before (must have features on the Valve news-stream) but I haven't played it yet. Currently downloading all 228MB ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"She's called a Female Assassin. She was probably was meant to be the Half-Life 2 equivalent to the flipping-out ninja-esque black ops of Counter-Strike, or does that mean Counter-Strke 2 is on it's way ...?"

:p

Counter-Strike, the popular online game? Has nothing ninja. But, original Half-Life had something ninja...

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Bah, what I really want is for Day of Defeat: Source to be released already (I believe Sept was the latest expected date).

I also want some sort of update on Team Fortress II :p

Hadescopy.jpg

"She's called a Female Assassin. She was probably was meant to be the Half-Life 2 equivalent to the flipping-out ninja-esque black ops of Counter-Strike, or does that mean Counter-Strke 2 is on it's way ...?"

>_<

Counter-Strike, the popular online game? Has nothing ninja. But, original Half-Life had something ninja...

My apologies; I was referring to Opposing Force. ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

and a wider variety of puzzles.

Is that an approval or a mocking series of elipses ... my interpretation of emotidots is not as good as it might be ...

The gravity gun gives players some pretty cool options right now (PvP can be seen playing a form of Russian-Roulette-Tennis with whatever heavy objects litter the area (radiators, toilet pans, etc), which can become quite interesting when combined with strafe and jumps. The new stuff for the gravity gun includes creating complex objects by a process similar to welding.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The new stuff for the gravity gun includes creating complex objects by a process similar to welding.

Isn't there a mod for HL2 that gives the gravity gun these features anyway?? :- I swear i read about it in a magazine a while ago, but they had not completed it by then.

No idea, but there was an indepth preview of both The Lost Coast and Aftermath in PC Gamer a couple of months ago, in which I read the above information that you have quoted.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There is a mod called Source Forts, where at the start of each round, each team uses a gravgun-like weapon to assume construction blocks and can weld them together to build a fort.

It feels very beta-ish so far, but it's loads of fun.

Hadescopy.jpg

Eh, Garry's Mod, anyone?

kirottu said: