Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Technology is supposed to get better as time marches forward.

Compare the OT with the new 3.

You can see decline in action there.

Also for a real world example: The steam engine was invented by the romans about 2000 years ago right? And how many setbacks occured between then and it actually being used? :-

Technology is supposed to get better as time marches forward.

OH! Oh! one more :)

The star forge was created by a race that was lightyears more advanced BEFORE the current races even had spaceflight.

I think a better view would be that the Empire is finally catching up :-

I said supposed to. I'm not a big fan of creating all those examples of previous technology being far superior, especially since there doesn't appear to be a Dark Age between the prequels and OT, yet the awesome Jedi Starfighter just disappears.

But the jedi starfighters were (-O-) shaped (with really small (s and )s)

:thumbsup:

I guess thats alot better then calling them wings or whatever

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The specs on the Jedi Starfighter make it the best damned fighter in the Star Wars universe.

Maybe the technology on how to build them was lost when the Jedi were killed off in the Jedi Purge.

Or Yoda brought the plans with him to Dagobah and wouldn't share them. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ya Yoda the Maverick Industrialist

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Huh, its strange that I never but that together

I wonder if in the end he was collecting all his refuse in jars

::this isn't the intergalactic corporation you're looking for::

Move Along!!

well the city was, and unless the entire planet was a city (It may have been in one of those little loading screen thingy's) the Outcast's could have survived. I highly doubt that any sort of plant life could grow in such a dark uban enviroment. as the undercity was.

I actually think this is not such a bad idea.

1. Romantically: it helps to think the underclass were truly saved, in accordance with their legend / myth

2. Ironically: the underclass outlive the conceited topsiders: the meek inherit the dirt (biblcal reference); and poetic justice (Greek hubris) for the topsiders.

3. Conveniently: old models could be re-used (j/k) the story would help createa link back to the original game.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

well the city was, and unless the entire planet was a city (It may have been in one of those little loading screen thingy's) the Outcast's could have survived. I highly doubt that any sort of plant life could grow in such a dark uban enviroment. as the undercity was.

I actually think this is not such a bad idea.

1. Romantically: it helps to think the underclass were truly saved, in accordance with their legend / myth

2. Ironically: the underclass outlive the conceited topsiders: the meek inherit the dirt (biblcal reference); and poetic justice (Greek hubris) for the topsiders.

3. Conveniently: old models could be re-used (j/k) the story would help createa link back to the original game.

I actually thought about the Outcasts having to do with future KOTOR games. Perhaps one of the Outcasts has Force ability (the protagonist?) and learned of Revan's deeds and thus the game begins in the Outcast village as the Force-strong Outcast learns to use his/her budding powers, eventually circumstances lead to him/her leaving the village and propelled into the story.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yep, I like that. I think it's time to break the "train as a Jedi padawan, then decide whether to be a Sith or a Jedi" pattern.

I like the idea of the Outcast start; that way, the PC learns to use Force Powers differently than other games.

This opens up freedom to:

learn new powers,

including powers that aren't combat-centric (i.e. plot and conversation)

The choice as to LS or DS can be made at the traditional midway juncture.

Also, this allows for the Reformation plot I think is overdue, where K3 deals with how the Jedi order was changed either directly (by a LS protagonist) or indirectly (as a result of a DS protagonist).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Though I know repetition is almost a necessity in a multi-part thread of this size, I suggested a Force Adept protagonist (though not an Outcast one) long ago.

As you say, it would free you to learn fringe force powers (even ones that were only used in story-progressing movies [though I would prefer their free use]) not known to traditionally trained Jedi/Sith, thus gaining a step up on them whether in a possible cutscene confrontation, a true in-game battle, or a mixture thereof.

Also, it possibly eliminates the 'how does this character relate to Revan/Exile aspect' at the beginning of the game. Either the character comes from a civilized planet (in which case he knows of at least Revan and can choose his outcome) or he comes from a primitive world and knows nothing of greater galactic events (a possible explanation for new players who havent gone through K1 and 2).

Finally, should the protagonist come from a primitive world, the story could show his introduction to current galactic tech and his gradual adaptation to its use. Maybe it would affect his view of the Force, causing him to join either the Jed or Sith. Maybe he rejects it altogether and depends entirely upon his Force Adept powers, which would necessarily have to be different.

There are so many possibilities with this character type (Force Adept), it would be a wonder to me if the devs chose anything else.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Ya like one of the force powers could be to pull someone's shirt back over their head, like a hockey player does, andd then you wail on them, like a hockey player might.

Would it make sense for someone to just learn new things about the Force?

I would suspect that smiply learning to manipulate the Force is going to be a damned hard thing to do, considering examples like Luke being Force Sensitive is whole life, but not even knowing it existed until he received training.

And as for learning something that normal Jedi/Sith would never have known...I think it would kind of be like one of us discovering something in physics that teams of physicists never discovered, despite their years of research.

Would it make sense for someone to just learn new things about the Force?

I would suspect that smiply learning to manipulate the Force is going to be a damned hard thing to do, considering examples like Luke being Force Sensitive is whole life, but not even knowing it existed until he received training.

And as for learning something that normal Jedi/Sith would never have known...I think it would kind of be like one of us discovering something in physics that teams of physicists never discovered, despite their years of research.

Oi!

First rule of brain-storming is no qualitative criticism. :p

The advantage to this is that it gives the writers a lot more freedom to create the characters, especially the main protagonist, and even bring some novelty to the game. It is a very simple mechanism for pensioning off Force powers that were not wanted (for being too powerful or too boring, or whatever) whilst bringing in new ones (like Battle Meditation was, although it could be the shirt pulling one, or even animating bits of set,

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT