Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I don't think Episode I had too much of a split either, but yeah, there are the splits.

In the case of Return of the Jedi it splits 3 ways (w00t).

I loved the Obi-Wan parts in Episode 2 and Episode 3. Ewan McGregor for teh win! (P.S. See the island, it's a good, entertaining movie...Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson both did a good job. In particular I like the representation of the future).

Revan had to go off alone, and it was suggested that the Exile had to go off alone.

My guess is that Mira, Handmaiden, Atton, etc go back to Republic Space and hook back up with Carth and Bastilla to tell them what they've learned.

Admiral Onassi feels that if the Republic is going to stay together, they will need the strength of the Jedi, and since the Jedi Council was wiped out, it is vital to hunt down Revan and the Exile.

The new PC steps in and decides to head up one group in his/her new ship, and presumably the Exile's student (Disciple/Handmaiden) has inherited the Ebon Hawk and will lead the second team.

Personally, I would like to see the new PC be a former Sith. Since they are hunting down the true Sith, a former Sith may provide necessary perspective, and may be necessary to hunt Revan and the Exile down.

One group is looking for scattered Jedi to try and rebuild the Council, while the other ship heads to Sith worlds looking for teachings on the True Sith.

My take is that the Traya Academy is a testament of True Sith, as they master all three facets of being a Sith. They know pain, hunger and betrayal. A True Sith masters all three. As a Jedi or Sith you learn to identify and combat these, or master these. They then look for a world touched by all three...

The other group is basically hunting down Jedi trained by Revan and the Exile. In bringing together these Jedi, you might gain insight into where Revan and the Exile went. These worlds are worlds where galactic stability must be established for any party, Sith or Jedi to rule. Whom you put in power, and how you get them in power is dependant on your path.

In the end, people converge, say at Yavin IV where Revan and the Exile are currently yapping it up with Exar Kun for whatever reason depending if they were Sith or Jedi. Here we have 8 possible endings depending on LS/DS combinations. For instance, let't say New PC/Revan/Exile are all LS. Revan uses Battle Meditation, while the Exile uses Force Harmony to form a bond with you, infusing you with power. And you take on the Force Ghost of Exar Kun. You can't kill him permanently, but you can cleanse the area of his taint.

Conversely, let's say all three are DS. Exar Kun orders that only one can be his student and rule the Sith, and you stand toe-to-toe with Exile and Revan, with only one person surviving.

In the end, it must wrap up the plotlines started in KOTOR:1 and 2.

Was it right to defy the Jedi Council and go to war to defeat the Mandalorians? Was the Republic strengthened in the end by having to face strife? Do the Sith have a place in the galaxy?

Is balance achieved by recognizing the place of both, or by annihilating both?

Does Bastilla enjoy the Wookie loving?

That was a bit more than "any ideas for the split" than I anticipated :)

The new PC steps in and decides to head up one group in his/her new ship, and presumably the Exile's student (DiscipleAtton/Handmaiden) has inherited the Ebon Hawk and will lead the second team.

Fixed! :rolleyes:

I like the idea about the new PC having roots from the other side. Both Revan and the Exile have the bulk of their stories influenced by the Jedi. Seeing what it would be like to be a Force Sensitive discovered by the Sith would be an interesting take.

That would be neat. And I could agree. I'd suspect a ton of people would like it to be Bastila that would do this though :\

It would be neat to explore their experiences with the force, and how they deal with temptations of the darkside.

Would you allow the possibility of the Exile's student to turn, or would you keep that path more fixed (since it's not the player's character) and limit character customization to the PC?

If you have control over that character as the main PC for that party, then yes, that option has to be there.

In the end, I think the path Handmaiden takes should reflect the path the Exile has been taking off-camera, and one can even suggest that Handmaiden was influenced by the bond, thousands of miles away.

I imagine the same be said for Atton (or Disciple...ugh)

Would you like to see the idea of letting the player dictate the previous game ala the neat conversation choices that existed in KOTOR 2?

I actually liked that idea, as it let you allow some input to how the events of the previous game(s) panned out.

Whether it is a quick series of questions during character creation, or done via dialogue, I'm not sure I care a whole lot. I just think those choices should impact the game.

No doubt LucasArts wants the cannon to be the LS path, and I get that. I think it's possible for KOTOR:3 to end with a relatively cannon ending that we can all agree with.

The Republic won't disappear, and the Jedi don't either. The Sith must be established to have their place in the galaxy, as the Jedi as well. Some level of stability must be obtained to add a sense of finality for a while.

For DS players, I think a proper Sith ending would be for near everyone to die but you and one apprentice. Technically, the Master/Apprentice rule didn't become Sith cannon for another 2,000 years, but Sith live on power. Strength comes from adversity. It took the entire galaxy tearing itself apart and battling with the Jedi for one to truly understand what it means to be True Sith and claim the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith, and from the shadows the Dark Lord of the Sith will plan and scheme.

For LS players, a new Jedi council is put in place, one that recognizes both the wisdom of the previous concil in reservation, and the necessity to serve and protect others. A middle ground is being sought.

I like the idea of being able to influence the role of the student.

How would you bring it together? If they are of differing alignments, then they are in "conflict" (although not necessarily combat, but antagonists to each other), but if in line they somehow work together?

Student and mentor in differing alignments?

Well, either you suggest that your path actually mirrored the Exile's off-camera and you're on the same path, or you have a show-down. Instead of two really powerful allies, you have two really powerful enemies.

It makes things more dramatic, but will PCs be happy having to face off against the Exile or Revan, when they may like those PCs more than their current one?

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of the Exile's student and the new PC that you would create for KOTOR 3.

I was under the impression that they would be the leaders of the two "groups."

Unless I misinterpreted something.

She is supposed to be uber-powerful, and obviously she seems to be a background character. She decided to sit on the sidelines in KOTOR:2, and hide when all the Jedi were in peril.

If PCs were brought back from the other games, I think it should be characters that weren't the predominant driving characters.

Carth, Bastilla, and Kreia were major driving characters. They had their games.

If people return, it should be people like Jolee or Handmaiden.