Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Set the story in the sith empire and make the jedi an actual outlaw. Also I would like to see the town's be done like they are in Fable. Where if you kill sombody you get trhown in jail or fined an exuberant amount of money. Course having a Republic insignia on your rear might be fun...

I would like that setting; especially if it took on the perspective of a first-person French / Dutch resistance fighter of WW2 ...

Great idea. That would allow for dual-wielding bazookas and plenty of evil alien nazi slaughters. Just what the previous installments lacked.

320x240.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Gold.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Influence was a decent installment to the game but I am the type of perosn who likes to get on everyone's good side (in games) so I found it difficult to max out everyone's influence seeing as that there aren't enough people to aid/kill.

Also next time I will expect people who are Dark Side Masters (like Atton w/ high Influence) will not act like thay are Light Side.

Let me clarify, those conversations about the exile's face looking strange sounded stupid coming from a guy who's face looks just like the exiles. Or the way you can lose influence with a Dark Jedi (Atton yet again) for killing innocents

213374U- Love the pic, where did you get it?

Influence was a decent installment to the game but I am the type of perosn who likes to get on everyone's good side (in games) so I found it difficult to max out everyone's influence seeing as that there aren't enough people to aid/kill.

Also next time I will expect people who are Dark Side Masters (like Atton w/ high Influence) will not act like thay are Light Side.

Let me clarify, those conversations about the exile's face looking strange sounded stupid coming from a guy who's face looks just like the exiles. Or the way you can lose influence with a Dark Jedi (Atton yet again)  for killing innocents

Your not supposed to be able to do that anyway it gives things a more organic feel.

Well the Exile influences those around him or her so Atton may not even realise what he is. I'd like to see the influence system without a special protagonist just to see how it works.

Again those things go back to just how the Exile influences those around him or her.

The pic is from Voyager.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I guess perhaps to just be devil's advocate, but maybe because I liked the idea:

MORE INFLUENCE

I want to not be able to be friends with everybody.  I WANT to have people only open up with me if they trust me.  I WANT a more fleshed out influence system

Yes.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

That's the big reason why I like the influence system. I think it's stupid that no matter what you can get on everyone's good side. It makes the characters less interesting. A bit more drama would be nice.

Let me clarify, those conversations about the exile's face looking strange sounded stupid coming from a guy who's face looks just like the exiles. Or the way you can lose influence with a Dark Jedi (Atton yet again)  for killing innocents

This I agree with. A better implementation of the influence system would be nice.

I guess perhaps to just be devil's advocate, but maybe because I liked the idea:

MORE INFLUENCE

I want to not be able to be friends with everybody.  I WANT to have people only open up with me if they trust me.  I WANT a more fleshed out influence system

I think there needs to be a global Reputation score to mediate the local Influence

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Now that I have seen so many people talking about that Revan / the Exile can't be the PC because they were to powerful, does it even bother anyone that T3-M4 starts at level 3 in Kotor II?

It did bother me. At least there was reason for the reduced power of Revan and the Exile, but it doesn't seem that anyone wiped T3's memory (in fact, he seems to be the one erasing other droids...). Yes, I know that he was drop for game balance purposes, but it doesn't make much sense logically (Note: This is one reason why I hate experience levels...)

And Bastila starts at level 4 I believe in Kotor I. How could she have led the Jedi Strike team to capture Darth Revan and beat at least one dark Jedi on that low level?!

Okay, the Black Vulkars captured Bastila without much of a struggle and loosing lightsabers is a side affect of Bastila's Battle Meditation  :)

How could Obi-Wan defeat Darth Maul, when he had just killed Qui-Gon, who was presumably far more experienced at wielding a lightsaber and using force powers? Experience levels just don't make so much sense...

Korriban was particularly bad.

Although I don't mind the ability to get away with something with zero hit in reputation because I covered my tracks.

Games with Global Reputations can be a bad thing too, as why should a Sith know that I killed someone on a completely different planet? Although while on the same planet, word should have definitely gotten out that I was a light-sider at SOME point.

How could Obi-Wan defeat Darth Maul, when he had just killed Qui-Gon, who was presumably far more experienced at wielding a lightsaber and using force powers? Experience levels just don't make so much sense...

Maybe Mr Miyagi taught him that funny Crane-kick, as he did for Daniel in The Karate Kid?

Korriban was particularly bad.

Although I don't mind the ability to get away with something with zero hit in reputation because I covered my tracks.

Games with Global Reputations can be a bad thing too, as why should a Sith know that I killed someone on a completely different planet?  Although while on the same planet, word should have definitely gotten out that I was a light-sider at SOME point.

Yep, at least there were Dark Jedi waiting to ambush you in K1; I agree that the Korriban part was nonsensical (in K1). I was contemplating having to act DS with my highly LS PC, but when there didn't seem to be any imperative to do so, I didn't. (I was more interested in seeing what happened to an overt, out-spoken LS on a Sith planet, until it was too late and nothing untoward had happened ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

MORE INFLUENCE

Yes.

yes and with all the subtleties of life....for instance, if you bring a Wookie on board, you ain't bringing a Transhodan on board. If you bring a Krath adept, you don't get a Sith adept, etc. Racial tensions and the politics of faction affiliation would work wonders for influence. It should not just be about talking their ear off or taking them out on adventures.

They did this somewhat with Visas/Handmaiden but it wasn't very fleshed out and there was no way to undo the "damage" that was done by befriending Visas early on.

Yeah, I'd like to see a serious disagreement, like that between G0-T0 and the Remote, only with fatal consequences (o the equivalent for droids).

Their are a lot of different types of beings in the galaxy, and a lot of 'em ain't go'nna like each other ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What Meta, do you expect NPC's to be having killfests in the cargo hold for you affection or because they hate another person?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just please don't make it another God in the mortal form of a Christ-equivalent; surely there can't be three of them in the same galaxy ...

Do not mock the Holy Trinity! :wub:

You're incorrigible. But funny.

What Meta, do you expect NPC's to be having killfests in the cargo hold for you affection or because they hate another person?

Hate one another.

But now that you bring it up, a suitably evil and manipulative DSer should be able to turn his companions against each other, for fun and profit.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

OK this is my first post on obsidian, so pleas at least acknowledge it. ok i am a huge fan of kotor 1, and 2 (2 more though) any ways i have watched starwars since i can remeber, and back then i remeber one thing at most, the fact that it was always about the good guys, and the teachings of the jedi, and that stuff (mind you this is before the new movies out ep. 1, 2, and 3) but this has frustraited me since then till now, to these games. But even with all of the stuff and choices in this game, and some being released now there has been one problem, YOU ARE NEVER TRULY A SITH!!! Ok there is you are dark, you are evil, but what did you start out as...A JEDI servant of the light! so i havent read any of the post before me so some one might have mentioned this already. ok so to my point i whant to be able to choose at the start, wether my guy was a scum low life thug, or a bounty hunter working his way up the rankes of his peers, or a jedi who seeks a path of justice and goody goody nisss...stuff, or a dark jedi (mind you this is no sith it was once a jedi now following the dark side no sith), or become a sith, a full blood sith, who one day decided "hey im going to train at the sith academy and become a dark dude!" and the choice could go on and on, of course but you could limit it down to a suitable length. Any ways what im saying here is that you ALWAYS START OUT AS A SITH WITH A CONCUSION WHO ENDS UP TRAINING TO BE A JEDI, OR A JEDI WHO HAS YET TO CHOOSE HIS ROLE AND PATH IN THE GALAXY. so pleas consider my thoughts and requests, a few more things i want to add though, yes there would still be the choices of words and dark and light side points, but if someone chooses the path of say a bounty hunter, but then says wait i whant to be a sith instead, and heads to the academy on Korriban (rebuilt of course) and decides to learn the way of the dark side of the force and become a great sith. See that was the problem you were never truly sith because the sith guys you still fight, the dark jedi, and sith never followed you the jedi did, and at the end of the game you felt like you were just nothing.

Had enough of me yet? didnt think so, so to my second thought there needs to be ALIEN RACES AVAILBLE not just human (yes i like being human, yes i would most likely in real life choose to be one instead) but a problem with this not being able to be one is this 1.) you dont have sertain weaknesses and strengths against the elemensts, and fellow beings 2.) other aliens treat you better becuase your one of them not a human (a problem in KOTOR 2 at the Jekk' Jekk Tar) aliens treated you badly, but if you could choose to be one they wouldnt 3.) DIFFRENT EXPIERENCE which KOTOR is all about, is a diffrent expierence

here is a list of some aliens that should be availble Trandoshan, Aquilish, Tweil'ek, Weequya, Mandalorine even, rodian, ect. and to conclude this Customization, o pleas if any of you at obsidian have played Star Wars Galaxies pleas look at there customizing character sheet, it looks much better and it is way more of a new EXPIERENCE!!!! need me to say it again? no, good.

Well im done (and pleas i ment no disrespect, i actuly prefure you over bio ware) but take this to mind pleas pleas i cant say it enough, you need tom ake it better then 1 and 2 make it stand out, make it a new expierence. pleas o and with planets and things to do many more many more my obsidian freinds.

Your Fan, Darth Vossk

P.S. i could go on and on but let me conclude it like this new ship, and be able to make it your self, and be able to join the sith, or rebek army and get there armor, o and just like morrowind if you dont mind me pointing out, when you kill someone whatever you see them wearing or using you get after you kill them. ONE WORD AND THIS WORD WILL MAKE THE GAME TEN MILLION TIMES BETTER, CUSTOMIZATION, (and forgive me for any typos i bet theres many)

Vossk, welcome to the forums.

You seem to be very invested in the game, and getting feedback seems quite important to you.

So let me be the bearer of semi-bad news. Obsidian is lumping all the KOTOR:3 suggestions together because inevitably they are going to get them. But I don't believe the development team is currently reading any of these threads, because KOTOR:3 is not currently in development.

Obsidian has said they wouldn't mind making KOTOR:3, but as they aren't currently making it, most of these suggestions are being buried.

There is some hope that if Obsidian does get hired for KOTOR:3 that they may go through these threads. But for the time being, these suggestions are more for fans to debate amongst themselves what they would like to see.

Vossk, welcome to the forums.

You seem to be very invested in the game, and getting feedback seems quite important to you.

So let me be the bearer of semi-bad news.  Obsidian is lumping all the KOTOR:3 suggestions together because inevitably they are going to get them.  But I don't believe the development team is currently reading any of these threads, because KOTOR:3 is not currently in development.

Obsidian has said they wouldn't mind making KOTOR:3, but as they aren't currently making it, most of these suggestions are being buried.

There is some hope that if Obsidian does get hired for KOTOR:3 that they may go through these threads.  But for the time being, these suggestions are more for fans to debate amongst themselves what they would like to see.

i know but i have to post my thoughts that have formed for one year dont I?

what are your takes on kotor at all?

o and i probaly another reason i posted all that is because (if you whatch G4 TV) Xplay a game rating show said that (just a rumor but a fan must beileve) they are already beginnig work on KOTOR 3 was this rumor discreteded?

Someone people have made suggestions that the game is in development, but Obsidian outright said they are not working on it, and as far as they knew, no one was. Then again, this was a few months back.

Obsidian is busy working on NWN:2 right now, and their next project is not a sequel, so it's not KOTOR:3.

It's possible Bioware or someone else will make KOTOR:3, or that Obsidian will make it later down the line, but that is up to LucasArts. There was an internal team at LucasArts working on KOTOR:3 preproduction, but that team was laid off last September.

Since then I haven't heard any credible information on KOTOR:3 other than the Obsidian devs saying they would like to make KOTOR:3 but aren't.

And I think discussing the game or potential ideas is fine. I just didn't want you to feverishly wait for dev responses only to not get them.

When KOTOR:2 was in production, they read the forums and responded to posts, but not so much anymore.

There are only 3 Star Wars RPGs that I know of.

Both KOTORs are D20 based, and then there is Star Wars Galaxies, which is an MMO and quite different.

LucasArts didn't officially announce KOTOR:2 until production was well underway, and as Obsidian was really rushed (and half-way through production) when people knew they were working on the game, they said they didn't have much time to implement suggestions.

At that stage they can't simply add a planet because people want to see it, or greatly change gameplay.

Akari did ask for advice on the interface, and mini-games. Some minor suggestions were actually implemented from fan suggestions.

what are your takes on kotor at all?

o and i probaly another reason i posted all that is because (if you whatch G4 TV) Xplay a game rating show said that (just a rumor but a fan must beileve) they are already beginnig work on KOTOR 3 was this rumor discreteded?

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, rumors have circulated here too, but they all seem to suggest that KotOR3 may, at best, by in pre-production, which is probably just a way of saying that they're still picking up the pieces of releasing an unfinished KotOR2... I very much doubt that KotOR3 is being programmed as we speak, or even that the plot is being considered. More likely it's at a stage, where people at Lucasarts are trying to consider the marketing strategy and what can be done to accomodate all the people who feel cheated into buying an unfinished game, when they got KotOR2.

As for your ideas of playing dark side or Sith from the beginning of a new game, I find that to be unlikely. If you want diversity over plot, then Star Wars Galaxies is your game, but KotOR games are deep and plot-based games with very linear stories, and if they are also to be economically feasible, that means that the diversity of character creation will be rather limited to say the least. It also means that the events of the game, the enemies you fight, etc. are likely to be the same no matter which side of the force you play, since it would demand a lot to program it differently. I do think they pulled that off in both games, but then I also tend to play light side. Perhaps the dark side part could have been handled better. We certainly hear people arguing that dark side options really just means being a jerk to everyone and has no subtlety or manipulation, like that of Palpatine or Kreia. It's not easy to see how the latter would be incorporated well into a game that also has to work for 'naive' lightsiders, though...

Anyway, so far we're mostly just talking about what we would like to see in KotOR3 here. Most posts focus on smaller things in graphics or plot that people want tweaked a bit, and there is a lot of discussion over whether people would rather have Revan, the Exile, or a new main character in the next game. Some (like myself) have suggested actual plots for the game, though they are rarely discussed much.