The Korriban tomb, and the vision of Revan.

I hate that whole, he just was being true to himself crap. All he was was a fallen hero who was seduced by the darkside and became an evil bastard. I think Kreia is in denial. I think she just says it because she can't handle the fact that all her students and even her greatest student, fell to the darkside.

I hate that whole, he just was being true to himself crap. All he was was a fallen hero who was seduced by the darkside and became an evil bastard. I think Kreia is in denial. I think she just says it because she can't handle the fact that all her students and even her greatest student, fell to the darkside.

I suppose it's a little of both. Revan was Kreia's greatest student, so it will be hard for her to accept that he fell to the dark side as her other students apparently did. It'll be even harder for her to admit, especially to herself. It's much easier to rationalize the whole thing and simply argue that Revan did it all on purpose.

But that doesn't make it true, of course, and Kreia is not the most trustworthy person I could think of... If Kreia told me water was wet, I would check before I believed her... But though she is probably in denial, that doesn't preclude the possibility that she could have been right about Revan. So was she? We'll have to wait for K3 to find out whether Revan has fallen or not.

But even if he has, it doesn't necessarily mean that he failed. If Revan is as much of a hero and a strategist as some people seem to think, I don't find it impossible that he sought out the true Sith alone because he knew he would have to sacrifice himself to the dark side if he were to become powerful enough to stop them. Doing so means becoming Darth Revan again, of course, and so that his ambition for power will return - Revan will want to be the Dark Lord of the old Sith Empire as well as the ruler of the republic... But even in that case the republic will be "saved" from the true Sith in a manner of speaking, and perhaps LS Revan hoped that there were enough good jedi left to stop and even kill him, if he became too great a threat to the republic himself. Or as Luke says to Han in the Dark Empire comic after Luke has embraced the dark side and joined the Emperor, "That may be true, Han. I may have to die."

So what does all this have to do with the Exile? Well, if my own suspicions are correct and the Exile has the power of Nihilus, then Revan could corrupt the Exile to become Nihilus (as described early in this topic) and then use him as a weapon to destroy the true Sith worlds in a civil war among the Sith, while the republic remains unharmed.

It would then fall to the main character of K3 (and LS Bastila) to redeem or destroy them both.

It all flows together very nicely as I see it.

your wrong. even GOTO says the revans attacks left the republic military and ship factories intact plus he left many key worlds alone like onderon because he didnt want the republic to fall apart

No, G0T0 just speculates that this was so, and even if it was, Revan did not take Nihilus' and Sion's hunt for jedi into account, since he did not know of them at the time. Besides, Revan seems to have become corrupted while he was Darth Revan - even if he sacrificed himself to the dark side to protect the republic from the true Sith, he was clearly seduced by power as a dark lord - otherwise it makes no sense for him to destroy the republic's defenses in his war, when he knows the true Sith will be coming.

The fact that Revan then later leaves to fight the true Sith alone only seems to confirm this. Note how Bastila mentions that he has'remembered' something...

you contidict your self. if revan remembers then he is his old self but what ever his plans were he can not complete so he fights them head on

Well, he has no fleet anymore and the republic is too weak to fight the true Sith.

My take is that he will willingly become DS and then have to ambition to rule the Sith empire before taking on the republic. But naturally the current leaders will not want that, so there will be conflict, and that's what "good" Revan is counting on - that the civil war he begins among the true Sith will - no matter which side wins - leave them so weak that they cannot take on the republic afterwards. He may also have left alone so that his friends could kill or redeem him later.

thats a good theory but i still think he merly wielded the darkside for more power to fight the sith

My point is that with this scenario, Revan's motives remain his own and so the player remains free to interpret them however he prefers to. Seems to me to be a good way to compromise the various possible outcomes of K1 and K2 and yet have an interesting setup for K3.

• 3 months later...
I think that since the 2nd last vision is the present the last is most definetly the future it makes perfect sense and the Exile will join Revan in the unknown reigions

But as a DSer? That sure makes us LSers feel warm and fuzzy

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I think that since the 2nd last vision is the present the last is most definetly the future it makes perfect sense and the Exile will join Revan in the unknown reigions

I refuse to believe my LS Revan went dark again. [sarcasm]Why not rob us of what little character we have to play with for Revan even more? It's okay![/sarcasm] :angry:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Does the dark side version of the Exile actually appear every time? If it does, I've only ever noticed it on one of my playthroughs, and I've completed the game four times.

If what people suspect is true, and the final vision reperesents the future, then it seems to suggest that the Exile will join Revan, but they will both turn to the dark side.

I doubt it because it showed Malak shortly Before ond Even if he Survived Revan He Would have died in the Explosion

It shows Exile's life. That scene with Malak is from Mandalorian Wars. Next one is from Mandalorain Wars etc

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

either way, i believe that the exile goes to find revan and ends up going to the darkside like revan did, perhaps not because he wanted to but because of another reason, and they along side each other fight the true sith

I have read here someone's theory that since the confrontations with Malak and the Mandalorians are the Exile's past and the battle with Kreia and/or the party members- the present, the final battle with the Revan vision is the future for the Exile.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I have read here someone's theory that since the confrontations with Malak and the Mandalorians are the Exile's past and the battle with Kreia and/or the party members- the present, the final battle with the Revan vision is the future for the Exile.

Yes, that would be mine, among others.

It's one reason why I think both Revan and Exile will be DS in K3, regardless of previous LS/DS choices.

I hate that idea. Just because most players (not all I know) prefer to play LS and taking away the choice to be either lightside or darkside makes everything we, as the players, did in K1 and K2 null and void. Why bother even playing at all?

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I hate that idea. Just because most players (not all I know) prefer to play LS and taking away the choice to be either lightside or darkside makes everything we, as the players, did in K1 and K2 null and void. Why bother even playing at all?

Ah, but the idea was to let the choices of the previous games have impact. If LS Revan and/or Exile would have "sacrificed" themselves to the dark side to fight the true Sith, but would both be redeemable. A DS Revan or Exile would not be redeemable, however, because they already abandoned the light.

What I can't stand about that cave is when Atton confronts you and Kreia and says "Stay away from her. She's a dark Jedi."

I wish you had the option to say stuff like, "And what do you think I am?" or if you've turned Atton to a Dark Jedi...Well, if you are dark side, that confrontation should have been done better.

If you side with Kreia, nothing happens. And you have to redo the whole confrontation...

I digress...

If you side with Kreia, nothing happens. And you have to redo the whole confrontation...

Methinks, if siding with Kreia, you have to defend her 3 times, then you're done. At least that is how i remember it.