The Korriban tomb, and the vision of Revan.

i think in KOTOR3 we will find out Revan is the true sith, rather like palpatine was the true sith lord. Revan will be the true sith, the true threat all along and she knew this thats why she prepared the Republic. At heart she was a Jedi, a Republic supporter but she knew like a drug the darkside was always stronger and she couldn't resist its call.

In the tomb when you confront Revan i thought it was like the cave in ESB where luke confronts hsi fear. His fear he will turn into what he hates most, or fears the most. Or also perhaps it shows what is the greatest fear of all, and in Exile's case facing Revan in combat. Perhaps thats why he didnt join the Jedi Civil War on either side because he feared he would have to face Revan.

I see the cave experiences as visions of the Exiles life - past, present, and future.

First we see Malak trying to recruit young jedi to stand with him and Revan - clearly the past.

Then we have the Exile commanded troops against the enemy during the Mandalorian Wars - also clearly the past.

Then we have a scene where Atton, Bao-Dur, and T3 confront Kreia for being a dark jedi - clearly the present.

And finally we have a scene, where the Exile confronts a DS Revan (even if you set Revan to LS), and who has a DS Exile standing next to him when you enter (even if you're LS). Then you have to fight Revan. To me, this looks like the future, and so points to events of K3.

i always thought of it as showing what could have come to pass had Exile not turned away from war. When the darkside you vanishes and leaves your PC Exile it shows that an alliance between you and Revan would never have worked. You would have been destined to do battle, the Sith dont allow powerful allies to last long as they soon turn to be powerful enemies.

"An Alliance of hatred is a fragile alliance at best" - Kreia (it may be wrong if so forgive me lol :D)

And Exile is powerful, he has the same power as Nihilus and that beats anything Revan has. To destroy planets with a mere thought is far more destructive and deadly than any machine.

the force as Kreia explained decides our destiny upon events we do, but the Exile broke this way of life. He chose his path himself. What the tomb shows IMO is what MIGHT have happened had he followed Revan after the war. But then perhaps shows what would have happened after he chose to follow Revan hence why you two fight.

sort of, heres what would have happened had you let the force choose your destiny, then heres the result of such a choice. Like Kreia tries to explain the smallest of actions can have the biggest of results in a good or bad way.

But the Exile chose his destiny and so what the force may have had planned for him didn't happen. There for a different set of events transpired. Who knows maybe if Exile joined Revan he would have taken Malaks place or even Revans and the Jedi wouldnt be able to mind wipe Revan and things would transpire differently.

Exile is the only person to have chosen their destiny themselves without influence and IMO thats what the tomb shows. The destiny that WOULD have happened had the force chosen it for him.

I think that when the Exile meets Revan, Revan will be seen among the true Sith, where the Exile will either fight Revan (LS) or join him (DS). I'm not sure whether or not this will be either halfway through the game or at the end yet, though. I think it would be symbolic to see Revan hold a red and blue lightsaber in each hand (and maybe even more to see his hand cut off holding one of the lightsabers, be it the red one or blue one).

Maybe later on in the day I'll compile my KOTOR 3 thoughts and place them in that thread...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Thats what I was thinking but if thats so then why would the vision of you dissapear. I suspect that the Exile dies in Kotor 3

Because your fight is with Revan, not yourself.

The Exile is - as I see it - there to show that he will fall to the dark side and stand by Revan in the future. But they will also fight, and I suspect that Revan will turn the Exile to the dark side by making him see some things about himself.

I think that somewhere in K3 the exile will have to fight Revan and while he is fighting at the same time he is fighting the temptation of joining him. So you dissapear because its showing that you are able to defeat your dark half but not so sure about Revan.

I think we will see a Revan turned to the dark side again. The Exile will seek him out and confront him, and Revan will then use the truth of what happened on Malachor V to corrupt the Exile and turn him to the dark side as well. Then Exile will put on the mask that Visas gave him and Nihilus will be reborn.

I think that somewhere in K3 the exile will have to fight Revan and while he is fighting at the same time he is fighting the temptation of joining him. So you dissapear because its showing that you are able to defeat your dark half but not so sure about Revan.

I think we will see a Revan turned to the dark side again. The Exile will seek him out and confront him, and Revan will then use the truth of what happened on Malachor V to corrupt the Exile and turn him to the dark side as well. Then Exile will put on the mask that Visas gave him and Nihilus will be reborn.

The true Darth Nilhlis :lol: , that would make it kind of cool ya know. :blink:

I think the Exile is the Sith'ari, or Chosen One for the Sith, like Anakin was Chosen One of the Jedi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sith

Sometime during the early history of the First Sith Empire, the coming of the Sith'ari, the prophesied savior of the Sith Order, was foretold. The Sith'ari was a perfect being who would rise to power and bring balance to the Force. According to prophecy, the Sith'ari would rise up and destroy the Sith, but in the process would return to lead the Sith and make them stronger than ever before, a striking parallel to the Chosen One of Jedi legend, though it is most likely that the Sith'ari and Chosen One are one and the same.

Key words there are "most likely" at the end, and Anakin really didn't rise up against the Sith (unless I'm mistaken), and he didn't make them stronger than ever, either, since only a few FS were around at that time.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'd like to say one thing about Nihilus being the dark side of the Exile. If you play as a DS in kotor2, how can he do that? His darkside is gone?!

And I don't like the idea of Revan turned to the Dark side (if that would be the case in k3). The char. you played with in Kotor1, Revan, you have sort of special bond with him/her. same with the exile. You don't want you're two heroes/villains fighting eachother 'till on of them's dead, do you?

I think the Exile is the Sith'ari, or Chosen One for the Sith, like Anakin was Chosen One of the Jedi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sith

Sometime during the early history of the First Sith Empire, the coming of the Sith'ari, the prophesied savior of the Sith Order, was foretold. The Sith'ari was a perfect being who would rise to power and bring balance to the Force. According to prophecy, the Sith'ari would rise up and destroy the Sith, but in the process would return to lead the Sith and make them stronger than ever before, a striking parallel to the Chosen One of Jedi legend, though it is most likely that the Sith'ari and Chosen One are one and the same.

Key words there are "most likely" at the end, and Anakin really didn't rise up against the Sith (unless I'm mistaken), and he didn't make them stronger than ever, either, since only a few FS were around at that time.

So I'm the chosen one of the Sith with a lightside Mastery? :thumbsup:"

The Exile is - as I see it - there to show that he will fall to the dark side and stand by Revan in the future. But they will also fight, and I suspect that Revan will turn the Exile to the dark side by making him see some things about himself.

I think the tomb is merely a mental trap, and represents nothing outside the immediacy of the fight. Witness the notes made by the other Jedi, whose body you loot in the endless-Hsissis room for a datapad.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'd like to say one thing about Nihilus being the dark side of the Exile. If you play as a DS in kotor2, how can he do that? His darkside is gone?!

Maybe saying his 'dark side' is the wrong term... I look more at like Nihilus is a manifestation of the Exile's rejection of darkness within that he defied on Malachor V. He may or may not have been DS in K2 depdending on player choice, but that doesn't change the fact that he did reject the darkness within a decade earlier. If you're interested in the theory, go back a few pages in topic and read my discussion about it when Metadigital.

And I don't like the idea of Revan turned to the Dark side (if that would be the case in k3). The char. you played with in Kotor1, Revan, you have sort of special bond with him/her. same with the exile. You don't want you're two heroes/villains fighting eachother 'till on of them's dead, do you?

No, I wouldn't, but then I also don't think that will happen. I think Revan will turn to the dark side because that's the sort of sacrifice Kreia credits him with in K2, and I think the Exile will too, because the relationship I suspect he has with Nihilus.

I do not think, however, that they will be the boss villains of K3 or that they will kill each other. Whether either or both of the die, I really don't know, but I hope not. But naturally that's colored by what I hope is in K3, and which I described in my plot suggestions on the K3 topic.

So I'm the chosen one of the Sith with a lightside Mastery? :)"

From what I'm beginning to notice, I think Revan fell to the DS even though he may have gotten lightside mastery too...

DAWUSS

The force creates ones destiny, perhaps upon choises we make in life, but none the less the force guides and chooses our destiny for us. Which is what happened to Revan she was a Jedi, then turned into a Sith Lord then was forcebly turned back into a Jedi. Now one could argue that the mind swipe was the will of the force or it could be an unseen move the force didn't consider when Revans destiny was chosen.

So when Revan finaly defeats Malak and heads into the unknown to find the "true" Sith its the will of the force that sends her there. Either to fall back to the darkside or to begin her war with the "true" Sith. IMO i always believed Revan to go into the unknown and Exile would find her and see she had fallen back to the darkside and is this "true" Sith threat Kreia mentioned.

That phrase "True Sith" could be a play on words, we all know of Marka Ragnos and the other pink skinned Sith but perhaps it doesn't mean them as the "true" Sith. But means "true" as in revealed and the revelation is Revan is the True Sith Lord that will bring about a great war to the Republic, to the galaxy. I think Revan knows she is destined to be a Sith Lord, to be darkside, and thats why she brings no one she loves. Because she loves them she warns them while she can.

And i think we will find Exile will fall to the darkside and everyone will think he has betrayed them. When infact he falls to save them, he knows perhaps the only way to face his decisions and fears over Malachor V will be to face them. Which ultimately means falling to the darkside and as someone said before i think Exile we kill Revan and wear the Nihilus mask. Or atleast look at it in some sort of cutscene where a de'ja vu will come upon the Exile and he will realise he has become a Sith Lord like the one who tried to kill him.