Help Me Please!

Hello everyone! This is my first post in these forums. I would like to ask you a few questions about this game. I am familiar with the first one, I owned it, then sold it. I am thinking of buying the second one too. I would like to ask a few questions regarding this game (for XBOX):

-what attracted you to this game?

-what are some of the new "abilities"?

-what do you like about the game?

-what's the story line about (dont give too much away!)?

-what would you rate this game out of 10 (1 being bad, 10 being awesome) and why?

-how are the graphics and sound (I heard that they screwed up some parts)

-is the battle system any different? -is it better or worse? -and in what ways? (I heard its even more boring than before because you have to pause the game, select your moves, then attack)

If you could answer these, it would be greatly appreciated!

I have the PC version but will answer the best I can:

-what attracted you to this game? It was the sequel to one of my favorite games.

-what are some of the new "abilities"? This is the easy way out, but do a forum search. Basically some extra powers and such

-what do you like about the game? Characters are deep, overall the game is great until the very end.

-what's the story line about (dont give too much away!)? You running from the Sith and finding out about your past.

-what would you rate this game out of 10 (1 being bad, 10 being awesome) and why? 8. If the ending was better and it had less technical issues, I'd have given it a 9.5

-how are the graphics and sound (I heard that they screwed up some parts) Same as the last game.

-is the battle system any different? -is it better or worse? -and in what ways? (I heard its even more boring than before because you have to pause the game, select your moves, then attack) same as before.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Eh, I have PC version so all I can say is rent it and try it for yourself. Then, if you like it, buy it.

I agree. Rent it first. I heard that a lot of XBOX users encountered serious bugs in their gameplay. I would go with the PC version if possible so you can at least patch it.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

In reality this game is at best a 7.5 unless you can just ignore a severly debilitated plot and a horrendous ending to boot.

The game does have pretty good atmosphere, but it seems alot of people mistake that for a decent plot. The story seems flawed at its vey base, and this only seems to become more apparent the further you progress. The dialogue sequences that are suppose to bring about quest that were deleted are still available and make for a very frustrating playthrough. Finally the tweeked d20 system of K1 was even more significantly altered making the game ridiculously easy no matter what kind of character you played. Despite all that there is alot about the game that is really neat to see.

The graphics are pretty good, maybe a bit better then the first, somehow the sound is much worse.

I bought the game because it was Star Wars, and RPG and I like the first one.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

what attracted you to this game?

KOTOR I was a great game and the PC Rocks Harder than X-Box.

-what are some of the new "abilities"?

How about an unfinished ending? That's a new side of the KOTOR franchaise I haven't seen.

-what do you like about the game?

I don't have to worry about hackers.

-what's the story line about (dont give too much away!)?

A guy who meets another guy and a girl and try to destroy these people. These people in return turn out to be a guy and the other girl is the last boss. LucasArts needs my help for the story line creation!

-what would you rate this game out of 10 (1 being bad, 10 being awesome) and why?

3.14.. hehe... just kidding. Actually a 8.9 Too unpolished for a "9" rating.

-how are the graphics and sound (I heard that they screwed up some parts)

Depends on what video card and sound card! Unless you're playing it on X-Box than.. Utter Crap.

-is the battle system any different? -is it better or worse? -and in what ways? (I heard its even more boring than before because you have to pause the game, select your moves, then attack)

No, it's actually alot better animated. My guy actually looks like he's stabbing the other guy in the face.

An average game. You should buy it only if you really like SW. Otherwise, there are much better RPGs out there.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What attracted you to this game?

Well, I really loved KotOR, and it's one of the best games ever, IMO. So, naturally, I freaked out when I heard a KotOR 2 was going to be made.

What are some the new "abilites"?

Well, Force Powers. Don't know then specifically. There's no special stuff like jump, and not new attacks like flurry, critical strike, and power attack (not sure on the names).

What do you like about the game?

Well, I love the characters. Being a Han Solo freak, I loved Atton Rand, a guy who you meet at the first place. The storyline is pretty immersive, but there's a bit of inconsistancy towards the ending. I love the fact that you revist places, and that it's very much like its predecessor.

What's the storyline about (without giving too much away)?

Well, you're an exiled member of the Jedi, and are flatteringly referred to as The Exile. (So creative...) You search for Jedi Masters on different planets, basically. Instead of Star Maps it's Jedi Masters. There are no romances, or nothing that can pass for them as females, but males get thrown a bit of something.

What would you rate this game out of 10 (1 being bad, 10 being awesome) and why?

I would give this game an 8 because the banters between the party members is just limited to exiting/entering the Ebon Hawk, and you don't know thier backstory. Plus you get basically no conversations with them, save a few and that's only like one to three about their pasts. The ending is choppy and confusing, but the is great overall.

How are the graphics and sound (I heard that they screwed up some parts)?

Graphics and sound worked for me.

Is the battle system different?

The battle system is exactly the same.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

In reality this game is at best a 7.5 unless you can just ignore a severly debilitated plot and a horrendous ending to boot.

The game does have pretty good atmosphere, but it seems alot of people mistake that for a decent plot. The story seems flawed at its vey base, and this only seems to become more apparent the further you progress. The dialogue sequences that are suppose to bring about quest that were deleted are still available and make for a very frustrating playthrough. Finally the tweeked d20 system of K1 was even more significantly altered making the game ridiculously easy no matter what kind of character you played. Despite all that there is alot about the game that is really neat to see.

The graphics are pretty good, maybe a bit better then the first, somehow the sound is much worse.

I bought the game because it was Star Wars, and RPG and I like the first one.

Well, that was generally sort of insulting, thank you.

I believe the only "facts" he asked for had nothing to do with SOME of the... "facts" you gave.

But yeah! I thought it was great; it's not for a lot of people.

If you don't have anything nice to say... umm... shut it.

Insulting? How so? Were you part of the development team?

If you don't have anything nice to say that I would like to hear... umm... shut it.

Fix'd. :huh:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I believe the only "facts" he asked for had nothing to do with SOME of the... "facts" you gave.

But yeah!  I thought it was great; it's not for a lot of people.

If you don't have anything nice to say... umm... shut it.

I'm sorry my opinions so wound you, but you have to remember not everyone is here to help you butter your bread.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

If you played and enjoyed KotOR 1, you will definately like playing tsl. Like others have states, it has its problems, but there is a lot of good things that were added as well. Some of the improvements include the random loot system, more items/armour/weapons choices, the workbench creation system, and my favorite, the influence system. The storyline, while not as good as kotor 1 IMO, is still good. A very addicting game with great re-play value.

You seem to be the only one who likes the random loot generator

The random loot generator sux ass!! Turrets and droids should not have credits or body armor, or anything else, that's just retarded!! <_< All Turrets and droids should drop should be components and parts, maybe a spike or tunneler on a droid here or there, but nothing else. <_<