What R Yo Fav 3 Games Of All Times

You have a good point, there, mate. But I know that genocide is very common in ancient history, but it simply isn't practical in this day and age. You can't just snap your fingers and slaughter 3 or four million people. And if you did, you'd face redoubled our even tripled resistance from the enemy. At the very least they should lose all war weariness or something.

More importantly the mechanics were all screwy. I could invade a city, and have my major support operation based there, ten or twenty units, and the stupid fethwits would be fine when I took over, but BLAMMO! suddenly out of nowhere the city and all the units would switch sides? It's just ridiculous! I know that cities do revolt against conquerors, viz Warsaw against the Nazis and Herat against the Soviets, but there's a limit to what civilians can do...

Anyway, not my favourite in the series. IMO Alpha Centauri was better, not least because you could custom build your civilisation traits. masters of Orion was similar in thsi respect, except you could custom build your entire species. Lots of fun.

There's a thought. Perhaps in the next Obsidian game they could use random race generation? To add some campaign specific bad guys? That is, while you are rolling up your own character, the computer rolls up some custom bad guys to drop in at certain points in the campaign. To add further variations...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yep, Civ 2 was a better game, imo (I haven't played Alpha Centauri, so perhaps that is better than Civ2: certainly it sounds better than Civ3).

I heard that Civ4 won't let spies let off tactical nukes in enemy cities. :rolleyes:

Your point about genocide and bad lessons is interesting, but if you look at war throughout history (apart from a few romantic battles in the middle ages) war was about genocide. The Romans were past masters at this: they would raze a rebellious settlement as an example to their neighbours. In the long run, this "cruel to be kind" (tongue firmly in cheek) tactic actually did prevent more bloodshed (the end justified the means?), as the Roman Republic and Empire yielded Pax Romana.

Of course the genocides of previous millennia are nothing compared to the percentage of civilian casualties seen in the last century, rising from in the order of 10% to 90% ...

What about call to power, I admit it's got to be the most complex of the games but it's probably the most realistic between Civ 3 and itself. (who ever heard of having to battle just to get a simple general

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My Favorites (not in order):

==================

Diablo II

Star Wars: KOTOR I/II

Dungeons & Dragons (on Sega Genesis) - loved that game.

Honorable Mentions:

=============

GTA: San Andreas - lots of fun and oooh...it makes me want to hurt people...lol...:D Dumbass Congress. Games don't hurt people. People hurt people. (And no, I'm not a member of the NRA).

D&D: Forgotton Realms: Demon Stone - Fun game and great graphics, but far too short.

Halo 2

"Guns' don't kill people, I do!" I personally loved Kingdom Hearts and wonder if they are actually going to make the #2. I think that Bastila's voice actor did Kairi.

Guns don't kill people, death kills people.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

My favorite game of all time is easily d1ck or thumb. My friend Bethany and I invented this game when it iced over real bad and I couldn't leave her house for two days. Its real simple to play, one contestant lays on their back, player 1, preferably in a bed. Its not mandatory for this person to be female, but if not then the game will almost certainly go too short or way too long. Anyway then the second person, player 2, lies on their side, facing the other contestant. This is where the game really takes off, then player 2 jabs their choice of appendages into the hip of player 1. Player 1 then has to guess which one it is. There are alot ways to "fool" your opponent as player 2, but its important just to be direct.

This is a great game and I hope all of you will oneday get a chance to play it yourselves.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

My favorite game of all time is easily d1ck or thumb. My friend Bethany and I invented this game when it iced over real bad and I couldn't leave her house for two days. Its real simple to play, one contestant lays on their back, player 1, preferably in a bed. Its not mandatory for this person to be female, but if not then the game will almost certainly go too short or way too long. Anyway then the second person, player 2, lies on their side, facing the other contestant. This is where the game really takes off, then player 2 jabs their choice of appendages into the hip of player 1. Player 1 then has to guess which one it is. There are alot ways to "fool" your opponent as player 2, but its important just to be direct.

This is a great game and I hope all of you will oneday get a chance to play it yourselves.

Is there a co-op multiplayer limit? :blink:

manthing2.jpg

Off the top of my head, I'd name:

Planescape: Torment

Grim Fandango

Mafia

But I feel empty naming these three alone because there's so many other games which were (or are still) important to me. Even naming 5 and 10 would likely not be enough.

"Guns' don't kill people, I do!" I personally loved Kingdom Hearts and wonder if they are  actually going to make the #2. I think that Bastila's voice actor did Kairi.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is in the works. There is a trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2 in Kingdom Hearts 1 if you unlock everything (all the dalmatians, beat the optional bosses, etc)

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is a direct sequel to Kingdom Hearts, and it's out now on the GBA, but the gameplay is very different. It's a card-battle system. You don't have to play it to play Kingdom Hearts 2, though you'll miss the side-story I guess.

Kingdom Hearts 2 looks great, and considerably more mature.

Ender i saw the kh2 trailer, but they kept pushing it back. Anyway i believe the real death from a gunshot is usually severe trauma suffured and internal hemmoraging.