What R Yo Fav 3 Games Of All Times

ummmmm lesse here now then yet.....

Myth TFL

Deus Ex (hated invisible war)

Mechwarrior 2

Oh in Myth the insane little dudes with the molatov's were dwarves not gnomes. in soulblighter they get mortars :D i just love when they hit an ally

"Casualties"

"whups" Dwarf shrugs and goes twiddling along

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

#1 and #2 are easy.

1) Half-Life

1a) Deus Ex (Half-Life wins simply because I had experienced it first...gets more nostalgic votes).

For #3, things get much harder...there's soooooooooooo many good ones to choose from. First, I think Half-Life 2....a sequel to #1. Hmm, it was crazy fun and had fantastic graphics and animation, and the game was just super cool.

I'm also thinking Ultima VII, because that was the game that finally led me to get my own PC (used to be a SNES and Macintosh boy).

No One Lives Forever 2 was fun, and gets bonus points for an actually creatively designed co-op mode (it's co-op mode put the players in control of Unity agents in missions that related to the single player story. Either you'd set things up before Cate got there so she could do her mission...or you'd be part of a "clean-up" crew immediately following the aftermath of one of her missions)....but ultimately....I don't think it had enough of an impact....so I guess this one is out.

Civilization sucked away a lot of time....but it doesn't seem to move me as much anymore....probably because it's pretty dated.

Pirates! Gold was crazy fun, as was it's current remake...hmmmm.

Oooo, Baldur's Gate 2. A very long and ultimately fulfilling game. It was neat as it was the first game I've ever played that had a romance in it. Very neat stuff! Perhaps a little too munchkinish though.

Fallout 1 and 2 are both sweet....probably give the nod to Fallout 1 as it was less buggy though.

Ack, how could I forget Planescape: Torment. Excellent storyling and a killer ending! I loved that game.

Ok, after considering the finalists and giving games I enjoyed a reviewer's tilt..here's the list:

1) Half-Life

1) Deus Ex (meh...let's just go straight up tie)

3) Planescape: Torment

3a)

3b)

3c)

3d) everything else :blink:

1)Thief 1/Thief 2

2)Torment/Thief 3

3)Mafia/Rune/BG 2/IWD 2/Deus Ex/etc

Too ****ing difficult to decide. I've always been a taffer so the top two are a no surprise, but everything after that is so hard to compare. I mean; I didn't even get to console games yet...sheesh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

3.WarcraftIII''the reign of chaos''n ''the frozen throne'':Was magnificent w marwellous cinematics making contribution to the great storyline. The curiousity'bout what the next cinematic will be like was the main factor that made me continue this game till the end. Having the opportunities of controlling all human, undead'n elf armies was a great pleasure but honestl armies of undead was the coolest of all in my opinion

I still haven't gotten past the first part of the first "chapter" of Frozen Throne, even though I played Warcraft III all the way through and enjoyed it thoroughly (hence why I bought the expansion). I just find it interminably irritating having to play the wood faries (or whatever they are), with their peculiar magic and such.

It turned me right off the game.

I was to stop playin ''Warcraft III the reign of chaoos'' for a few days cos of the hardness of killing 100 people in one city before crypt lord does in one chapter (I think it was chap5). I think this was one of the hedest chap in the reign of chaous. After finishing this, I've bought the frozen throne. I don't remember a chap too hard to finish, but I can say that the final chap was alittle hard. The key was chosin strategically correct obelisk to invade first, so try again I think u can make it through the final chap.

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

I dont think english is the guy's native language.

But even so it doesnt excuse the nature of his topics (this one is ok)

You're right, his native language is ebonics. :-

He's American, his native language is in all probability English, he's just from someplace like Oakland, or LA, or New York.

Or alternatively watches way too much MTV. :thumbsup:

well if you look at his location.....

I'm guessing he learned his English through hip-hop importation then if that's his real location. Just like the poor Japanese schoolchildren. :'( More's the pity!

I've started to learn English by self interst when I was a little child. I hate hip-hop'n pop as I'm a true headbanger. I love my style'n will not stop usin' abbreviation like ''instead of you are;ur''. It's very common on the net'n I think is very funny

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

I dont think english is the guy's native language.

But even so it doesnt excuse the nature of his topics (this one is ok)

You're right, his native language is ebonics. ;)

He's American, his native language is in all probability English, he's just from someplace like Oakland, or LA, or New York.

Or alternatively watches way too much MTV. :blink:

well if you look at his location.....

I'm guessing he learned his English through hip-hop importation then if that's his real location. Just like the poor Japanese schoolchildren. :'( More's the pity!

I've started to learn English by self interst when I was a little child. I hate hip-hop'n pop as I'm a true headbanger. I love my style'n will not stop usin' abbreviation like ''instead of you are;ur''. It's very common on the net'n I think is very funny

Spellmar says you should get bent.

I'd have to plump for BG as number 1. For the characters, the subplots, and sheer damn weight of material.

Number two would be Deus Ex, for the storyline, and the detail.

Number three would be the GTA 3. For the gameplay and the radio stations.

Thinks: well that shows how old I am!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How could I forget Myth:TFL ... :thumbsup:

1. Planescape: Torment

2. Myth: The Fallen Lords

3. Icewind Dale (with expansions)

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I wanna change mine to:

Deus Ex, Ultima ][ and Sammy Lightfoot.

Sammy had to run around a volcano jumping fast little boulders, medium-speed, medium-sized boulders and large, slow boulders.

Oh, okay, Civ 2, I spent more of my life playing ... days without sleep ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm not sure why but Blizzard's subsequent RTS' haven't been able to reach the emotion that Starcraft's storytelling produced. For some reason even a crappy mission like using Raynor in the Vulcan bike to find people was cool. I genuinely felt panicked counting down the time defending the Terran outpost against unknown aliens.

It's probably down partly to the setting and because I wasn't very experienced in RTS at that time. As far as I can tell, Bliz has tried many of the same tricks they pulled in Starcraft but it hasn't managed to achieve that emotion Starcraft did.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I'm still waiting for Starcraft 2, but luckily Blizzard doesn't just milk sequels. They wait and try to do something to improve on the previous game. I don't think we'll see Starcraft 2 until they think they can do that.

What about a MMO Starcraft? Keep the basic gameplay of Starcraft the same, but you choose a faction and fight in a completely dynamic huge world where factions fight back and forth to control portions of said world?

It would be like Starcraft meets Planetside.

So difficult - so many fond memories, way back to the Apple II/C64 days.

At a pinch I would go with:

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Icewind Dale

Wizardry 6

...but even that is a real struggle with so much missing.

A lot of you have mentioned civ 3. But i find it teaches bad lessons. For example, it is virtually impossible to take over enemy nations. teh only way to expand territory that I have foudn is to burn everything as you go and carry a trail of sttelrs. This is nothing short of genocide, and possibly a worse thing to be showing kids than the odd prostitute, yet it does not carry an 18 rating.

I also feel the espionage system in civ 3 stinks like a ripe donkey.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I still haven't gotten past the first part of the first "chapter" of Frozen Throne, even though I played Warcraft III all the way through and enjoyed it thoroughly (hence why I bought the expansion). I just find it interminably irritating having to play the wood faries (or whatever they are), with their peculiar magic and such.

It turned me right off the game.

I was to stop playin ''Warcraft III the reign of chaoos'' for a few days cos of the hardness of killing 100 people in one city before crypt lord does in one chapter (I think it was chap5). I think this was one of the hedest chap in the reign of chaous. After finishing this, I've bought the frozen throne. I don't remember a chap too hard to finish, but I can say that the final chap was alittle hard. The key was chosin strategically correct obelisk to invade first, so try again I think u can make it through the final chap.

You misunderstand me; I did not stop playing Frozen Throne because it was difficult, I stopped because I didn't want to play the wood elves and the scenario held no interest for me: it was tedious, not difficult.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A lot of you have mentioned civ 3. But i find it teaches bad lessons. For example, it is virtually impossible to take over enemy nations. teh only way to expand territory that I have foudn is to burn everything as you go and carry a trail of sttelrs. This is nothing short of genocide, and possibly a worse thing to be showing kids than the odd prostitute, yet it does not carry an 18 rating.

Yep, Civ 2 was a better game, imo (I haven't played Alpha Centauri, so perhaps that is better than Civ2: certainly it sounds better than Civ3).

I heard that Civ4 won't let spies let off tactical nukes in enemy cities. :wub:

Your point about genocide and bad lessons is interesting, but if you look at war throughout history (apart from a few romantic battles in the middle ages) war was about genocide. The Romans were past masters at this: they would raze a rebellious settlement as an example to their neighbours. In the long run, this "cruel to be kind" (tongue firmly in cheek) tactic actually did prevent more bloodshed (the end justified the means?), as the Roman Republic and Empire yielded Pax Romana.

Of course the genocides of previous millennia are nothing compared to the percentage of civilian casualties seen in the last century, rising from in the order of 10% to 90% ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yep, Civ 2 was a better game, imo (I haven't played Alpha Centauri, so perhaps that is better than Civ2: certainly it sounds better than Civ3).

Oh, it is. It is. SMAC is the best strategy game in the history of the universe. It is, quite simply, "t3h roxxor". With a workshop for in-game customised units (want settlers that move two spaces a turn? Just give the settlers a rover chassis! Want them to be able to paradrop? Just add that special ability!), three dimensional terrain, a coherent storyline, voicelines regarding each technology that play when you discover them, and much more in depth governmental model with many customisable options, SMAC is everything one could ever want.

"the Academician's private residences shall remain off-limits to the genetic inspectors. We possess no retroviral capability, we are not researching retroviral engineering, and we will not allow this council to violate faction priviledges in the name of this ridiculous witch-hunt!"

-Fedor Petrov, Vice Provost of University Affairs [played when you discover Retroviral Engineering]

Classic. o:)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!