Swoop racing

Has anybody consistantly won across the different tracks? I can get to within 4 seconds of the best times but that's it >_<

What do you get when you win? Any special quests and how do you modify your personal swoop bike?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

No and no. I've personally never bothered too much with swoop racing, prefering to spend my time in the cantina playing pazaak. I know in Kotor 2 it's impossible to win on certain tracks, but I can't remember if that was fixed in the patch. And no, there's no way to upgrade your swoop bike, though I sincerely hope that's fixed should there ever be a Kotor 3.

sig2.gif

In my first few games it always said that I crashed at the end, even if I didn't. Just don't forfeit the race and it won't happen. I did, in one game, which every race on each planet, but I've never been able to do it again. When I won on Telos, I think I got some credits and could race for free. Same with Nar Shadaa. Other than the money you receive, I can't rememeber what you get on Onderon.

Onderon is the only track that pays decent money.

In fact, I hate swoop racing (racing has never been my thing) and don't want to loose time on it but want to see what happens when I win and get the credits...so I made an easy swoop mod. You can get it a pcgamemods or on my website (click the 1st link in my sig). Success guaranteed.

Not sure if its a bug, or whether it is fixable or not but everytime i actually win a race on Telos, it wont let me collect my winnings at all, it only lets me race for free or says 'Nasty spill you had out there, sorry but you had to finish.......'. Does anyone know how to fix this, because otherwise, i would be a rich[exile]man..? :D

I personally quit trying the swoop races after seeing the changes Obsidian made to them. Just wasnt fun or interesting to me.

I loved Swoop raceing (well not loved but was entertained for most part) in Part 1.

Just a case of someone trying to fix something that wasnt broken, KotOR1 had better swoop racing. KotOR2 was still the better game over all though.

I personally quit trying the swoop races after seeing the changes Obsidian made to them. Just wasnt fun or interesting to me.

I loved Swoop raceing (well not loved but was entertained for most part) in Part 1.

Just a case of someone trying to fix something that wasnt broken, KotOR1 had better swoop racing. KotOR2 was still the better game over all though.

I'm not generally a mini-game player, but I actually did like K1's swoops; and in that game I really needed the $ to go to Yavin station to buy stuff. In K2, money was never much of a problem. I tried out the swoops on one planet, but they weren't much fun. Definitely something missing.

Did anyone else have the prob in K1 where if you reloaded multiple times (to avoid spending too much on entry fees) that half the booster pads didn't work? LOL, first time it happened, I thought the Hutt was fixing the races ... and managed to win in spite of it. Turns out, it's a memory 'glitch'; if you quit the game and come back, they work again.

I'm not generally a mini-game player, but I actually did like K1's swoops; and in that game I really needed the $ to go to Yavin station to buy stuff.  In K2, money was never  much of a problem.  I tried out the swoops on one planet, but they weren't much fun.  Definitely something missing.

Did anyone else have the prob in K1 where if you reloaded multiple times (to avoid spending too much on entry fees) that half the booster pads didn't work?  LOL, first time it happened, I thought the Hutt was fixing the races ... and managed to win in spite of it.  Turns out, it's a memory 'glitch'; if you quit the game and come back, they work again.

yes.

the main reason to get involved with the dirty and fast sports of swoop racing in kotor1, was the outcome of money you'd get from it.

in kotor2 you can find mandalorian super suits in a clay jar here and there well worth 5000 credits.

i've won all three swoop races in kotor2. i don't mind the changes. but i've also get messages that i crashed and such. probably some kind of memory-bug-thingy. try to reload or go back to earlier save.

(if you like swoop-racing, you should try out "beyond good and evil"'s

minigame or game sequenses. damn what a rush!)