Thumbs up for new Batman.

Although Nightwing and RObin are done well in the comics (it doesnt seem gay)

I hope he stays out of this franchise, there are plenty of batvillains and solo batman stories to plunder.

Evne thought there is a HUGE hint as to who the next baddie will be, i hope it isnt that person - at least not as the main bad guy.

Although Nightwing and RObin are done well in the comics (it doesnt seem gay)

I hope he stays out of this franchise, there are plenty of batvillains and solo batman stories to plunder.

Evne thought there is a HUGE hint as to who the next baddie will be, i hope it isnt that person - at least not as the main bad guy.

Actually, it's pretty much confirmed.

Check out THIS THREAD over on Dumbrella.

The villains never die in batman. Unless you are reading some kind of elseworlds or batman in the future thing.

Scarecrow on the horse was awesome, his voice was scary too.

Except for the Joker in Batman...

And the Penguin in Batman's Returns...

And I can't remember what happened to Two-Face or the Riddler in the Joel Crapmacher movies, but I'm sure it wasn't too peachy.

Oh yeah, and don't forget Bane...well, actually forgetting might be for the best.

manthing2.jpg

The villains never die in batman. Unless you are reading some kind of elseworlds or batman in the future thing.

Scarecrow on the horse was awesome, his voice was scary too.

Except for the Joker in Batman...

And the Penguin in Batman's Returns...

And I can't remember what happened to Two-Face or the Riddler in the Joel Crapmacher movies, but I'm sure it wasn't too peachy.

Two-Face, Riddler, Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy.

How do you think they'll keep things interesting in the sequels?

A major part of this movie was showing how and why Bruce Wayne became Batman. It was probably the most interesting part of the film. I loved how they showed a young naive Bruce Wayne with just his anger mastering himself and becoming Batman.

With most of this set up where do you think the focus will shift to? I hope they can strike a good balance between Batman, the villians and views on justice and vengeance...without being too preachy.

I pray it won't become a mindless action fest.

How do you think they'll keep things interesting in the sequels?

A major part of this movie was showing how and why Bruce Wayne became Batman. It was probably the most interesting part of the film. I loved how they showed a young naive Bruce Wayne with just his anger mastering himself and becoming Batman.

With most of this set up where do you think the focus will shift to? I hope they can strike a good balance between Batman, the villians and views on justice and vengeance...without being too preachy.

I pray it won't become a mindless action fest.

Thats one really big negative. The first movie is so good that the subsequent have a long way to fall.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I have a Batman vs. Aliens comicbook, its stupid. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

As far as sequels go, I think Batman Begins has sides.

The first two acts establish Bruce Wayne. The third act is Batman in action.

Sam Raimi said that in planning Spideman movies he first thinks about what journey he wants Peter to go through. It seems like David Goyer had the same thing in mind. He didn't arbitrarily pick villians or action sequences he wanted to see. The whole film resonates around one theme, and one journey the hero must make.

The film is about terror. Fear isn't an appropriate word, though it used often enough. The film doesn't do anything half way.

X-Men 2 took the basis of X-Men and flew with it, and so did Spiderman 2. I think with the basis of Batman established, the character still has plenty to grow into yet. Nolan and Goyer also were willing to reach for galactic badness.

What I'd love to see happen in the sequel is have Batman/Bruce watch as one of the villians kills Rachel infront of Bruce, not to inspire rage. He's got plenty of rage. I want to see Bruce want nothing more than to kill this bastard, and then need to kill said villian alive because he needs something from him desperately.

• 2 weeks later...

Batman Begins was EXCELLENT and, IMO, the best Batman movie to date. Finally, we have a Batman movie in which the protagonist overshadows all the other characters and plot elements. And we have a villain that is HUMAN...not some mutant....IMO, mutants are for Spiderman and the Xmen. Batman is supposed to be more "down to earth" and this one was definitely more down to earth.

Also, this movie plays up the significance of Bruce Wayne the billionaire playboy. Bruce Wayne is not some 2-dimensional Clark Kent disguise. Bruce Wayne is a real person and that was captured quite well in this movie. Also, the corporate intrigue and the importance of his corporation in all this was nicely done.

Who is the actor supposed to be?

If they go for the look, how ill they pull it off without it being corny? I guess they won't have an origin since he is already comitting crimes as The Joker.

If they don't go for the look then won't that be wrong? How is it Joker w/o green hair and a white face?

Oh silly Batman Begins you raised my expectations so high that i fear there is nowhere left to go but down :'( (i hope this isn't the case)

In fact i would prefer it if they didnt use Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Freeze or Ivy. I dont mind seeing two face cos he was done badly by tommy lee jones; he just did a bad impression of the joker. Yes freeze and Ivy were also very lame but the gimmicks for their characters are too corny to pull off. The rest would be retreading old ground.