Thumbs up for new Batman.

Well, they didn't hook up. It still leaves the option of her coming back in the third film if they feel Katie Holmes isn't a negative draw for the picture.

I don't care about her and Tom Cruise. I just don't think she is a horribly good actress, nor much of a sex symbol. Her draw as the female lead in a superhero film is negligible.

She didn't bother me, but I imagine a better actress could have been a boon to the role, or a sexier one could have been a bigger draw.

Katie Holmes does have two really important scenes in the film that require acting talent she didn't have. The first would be the scene in the car where she lectures Bruce. Tonally, it just didn't play right. The second scene is in the end when she explains why she is not hooking up with him.

Lastly, I find it hard to accept a girl who looks 16 is a DA.

Someone like Famke Jansen? I know she already has a comic franchise in X-Men, but someone like her who could pull off an older, professional, wiser look.

Hell, why not go with Gillian Andersen. What is she doing these days?

I never cared for Gillian Anderson personally.

Although I could see someone like a Famke Jansen. I liked her even in her goofy role of Xenia Onatopp in Goldeneye.

I'm off to scour IMDB for some of my picks :D

Ewan McGregor is cool!

As for female stars......seems I suck at this. No future for me in casting.

I've enjoyed Jessica Alba's previous experience in comic book movie (Sin City), and I'll probably see Fantastic 4 for her alone :D

Based on what I remember of Claire Danes in Terminator 3 (what great source material for finding a DA!), I think she might do ok. She seemed to be able to handle a determined character, and sort of had that "important DA" type look to her with her hair and everything.

Hmmmm, maybe someone overkill like Julia Roberts (and likely increasing the budget tenfold for her salary alone)? :D Although I think the role is more geared to someone a little younger however.

Since we were raiding WB for Katie Holmes, how about other WB TV show stars like Sarah Michelle Gellar (lol, somehow I think not), or Charisma Carpenter (certainly easy on the eyes).

We're talking about a strong woman that acts as a moral compass for Bruce, so I think an older wiser woman still would have worked better. But then again, they wanted someone young since Bruce is supposed to be young.

I think Famke Jansen could pull off trying to be young since she doesn't look old yet.

:lol::thumbsup:

Maybe I didn't mind Katie because she couldn't help but put in a better performance surrounded by everyone else.

It's funny, I was just about to say Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman were my next favourites, but then I remember liking Neeson's teachings and Caine's undying support for Bruce!

Watanabe was good too, although perhaps a little too short.

Given the context of the film though, it makes sense.

Bale certainly played the Billionaire, Basejumping, spleunker to the T though

Batman-on-Film.com is reporting an uncofirmed rumor that actress Isla Fisher might be considered for a role in the sequel to BATMAN BEGINS.

Word is that Katie Holmes was not signed to do a sequel and it was never intended that she would.

The rumor is that Fisher could be Batman's new love interest.

Fisher has been in such films as SCOOBY DOO, I HEART HUCKABEES, and WEDDING CRASHERS.

Master_SiteArticle295119.jpg

Even better, she is rumored to be playing Talia, Ra's Al Ghul daughter.

http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_i...38&obj_id=49093

He thought Penepole Cruz was hot, and she has no real body to speak of.  She's cute, but she has no curves on her.

Well I do recall some pool scenes from Dawsons Creak.

I read this while looking for an upto date picture

Tom Cruise has hired a Scientology official to look after girlfriend Katie Holmes during her publicity tour for new movie 'Batman Begins'.

The Hollywood heartthrob has reportedly asked church representative, Jessica Rodriguez, to join the 26-year-old beauty as she promotes the summer blockbuster around the world.

A source told America's New York Post newspaper: "Tom pays Jessica to 'Keep Katie on the path'.

"She goes everywhere with Katie - she's never more than a quarter-step behind her".

Insiders claim the controversial cult representative has already attracted anger from movie bosses.

Seems likely they will drop her like a hot potato more trouble than she is worth and definately not a big enough name or a good enough actress to put up with the sort of crap.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Seems likely they will drop her like a hot potato more trouble than she is worth and definately not a big enough name or a good enough actress to put up with the sort of crap

Didn't I already say that? :rolleyes: