Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

Baley had a change of heart :(

But Reveilled could perhaps act as a stand-in for players that decide to chicken out? As a kind of bot :- he would of course need to plan those moves before he sees our orders.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Baley had a change of heart :(

But Reveilled could perhaps act as a stand-in for players that decide to chicken out? As a kind of bot :- he would of course need to plan those moves before he sees our orders.

I'm not getting dragged into that. You'd have no way of knowing whether or not I planned them in advance, which would be both a great temptation to myself, and a great scapegoat to the rest of you if I successfully predict your moves.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Aren't you the GM of game 3? That makes you the final arbiter of the time frame ... if any of my players in game 2 screw up twice in a row then you may be offered a stand-in position there, though I'm trying to avoid that contingency. (Nartwak is stil AWOL: ten and a half days and counting ... :thumbsup:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That's it. Im out. I was going to give it a chance, but if my strategies are going to be posted for all to see, thereby providing an unseemly advantage to all others, there is no reason for my continued participation. From now on consider England neutral territory.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

England's far from out. Even she loses Edinburgh to the Fatherland she still has a chance: merely leave Liverpool vacant for a possible build (which is safe given that no adjacent unit threatens Liverpool) and take the Iberian Gamble - like Reveilled said, you have a 50% chance of stealing Spain or Portugal.

Should you capture the supply centre, build a unit in the vacant Liverpool and you're back in the game. Come on everyone (except France and Germany), get behind Archie! Hip-hip-hooray good chap! :cool:

manthing2.jpg

Russian army invades Silesia

by Ludwig Rotwang, Berlin

The presence of Russian troops in the easternmost state of the German empire has been confirmed. A handful of divisions marched across the border in May and are now camping out in the countryside in the heartland of Silesia. A letter of appology was sent to the german high command explaining that the supposed invasion as a mistake under the intoxicating effects of the vodka these eastern rowdies favour so much.

Oberfeldtmarschall von Rundstein was less amused as he announced this to the press yesterday evening. "A drunk Russian is still a Russian. In fact, drunk is their normal state of being." When asked what the high commands response will, be he chuckled; "We have a very large gun pointed at them this very minute. Its actually so large and powerful that its obscene. It makes me smile just to think of it"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Tzar Ender Wiggin the Great issues the following statement.

"Just because we are drunk, that does not mean people can take advantage of us with large phallic objects. We have a moral obligation to handle the crisis in Europe with sober responsibility.

And by that, we meant sober in the metaphorical sense."

England's far from out. Even she loses Edinburgh to the Fatherland she still has a chance: merely leave Liverpool vacant for a possible build (which is safe given that no adjacent unit threatens Liverpool) and take the Iberian Gamble - like Reveilled said, you have a 50% chance of stealing Spain or Portugal.

Should you capture the supply centre, build a unit in the vacant Liverpool and you're back in the game. Come on everyone (except France and Germany), get behind Archie! Hip-hip-hooray good chap!  :cool:

You forget, however, that even if I were to gain an Iberian Supply Center, I would have only two, as France controls London and Germany will soon have Edinburgh. As I already have two units, I will be unable to build anything this winter. In the worst possible scenario, I do not gain a new Supply Center and must disband a unit, leaving me with one and absolutely no chance to gain another.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

The unfortunate aspect of this game is knocking out players. I can honestly say I enjoy the group we have, and I feel a tinge of guilt each turn as I attack my fellow players. I wish all the players were in the game until the end. I understand that games often have winners and losers, but actually knocking people out in early stages isn't that fun. Futhermore, Arch is right that often you are well aware of your despise a few turns before it happens.

While I think it doesn't really hurt to submit moves, even if in futility, I know it isn't fun.

Washington Post

18th September 1903

Ottoman Sultan gives Statement on War

Ottoman Emperor heard to have said: "Bulgaria cries out for Ottoman aid. We must be strong, and support our brothers.

"Praise be to Allah. "

Full story on page 8

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The unfortunate aspect of this game is knocking out players.  I can honestly say I enjoy the group we have, and I feel a tinge of guilt each turn as I attack my fellow players.  I wish all the players were in the game until the end.  I understand that games often have winners and losers, but actually knocking people out in early stages isn't that fun.  Futhermore, Arch is right that often you are well aware of your despise a few turns before it happens.

While I think it doesn't really hurt to submit moves, even if in futility, I know it isn't fun.

What's that? :blink:

Well there's something you don't see everyday, children -- a crocodile crying! Well fancy that! :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT