Vin Diesel is Hitman

jaguars4ever

All I want to know, is can he pull the voice off?

He has the look down, Agent 47 and Vin are pretty much twins in that regard, but considering the excellent voiceovers in that game, if he does not get the voice right, the whole movie will be ruined for me.

There is no reason this movie should not be good, these games had excellent stories (especially Hitman 2), but I have to wonder...can he get the voice right?

I think any video game movie screams straight to video.

Like comic book movies back in the day, Hollywood won't treat them seriously, and won't allow the directors to handle them properly.

Anyone remember the old Fantastic Four movie, the old Captain American movie, the old Punisher movie, etc. etc.

Only now Hollywood will hire a proper geek and allow them control to do a comic book movie justice. M$ is demanding tight control over a Halo movie, and that may be the first video game movie to be done right.

I know Doom is already headed for disaster, and I don't trust Bloodrayne will be much better.

I remember back in the 80's people said Tom Cruise was a horrid actor because of the types of movies he did, and that he would never do a good movie.

People said that Tom Hanks would never be able to do a serious role.

People said the same thing about Robin Williams.

I think Vin Diesel might make a really good movie someday. Boiler Room was pretty decent, and I've heard pretty good things about his performance in a A Man Apart.

However, I skip most of the Vin Dielsel movies, not because of Vin Diesel, but because they look like bad movies.

I remember back in the 80's people said Tom Cruise was a horrid actor because of the types of movies he did, and that he would never do a good movie.

People said that Tom Hanks would never be able to do a serious role. 

People said the same thing about Robin Williams.

I think Vin Diesel might make a really good movie someday.  Boiler Room was pretty decent, and I've heard pretty good things about his performance in a A Man Apart.

However, I skip most of the Vin Dielsel movies, not because of Vin Diesel, but because they look like bad movies.

Thank you that was the point I was trying to get at

I never said that he was a bad actor he just makes terrible movie choices.

I think he is trying to fill the hole left by Arnie, Stallone & Van Damme

Thank you that was the point I was trying to get at

I never said that he was a bad actor he just makes terrible movie choices.

I think he is trying to fill the hole left by Arnie, Stallone & Van Damme

Well he's having a go at commedy.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The action flicks of the 80's are a bygone era :) the place vacated by arnie and sly simply does not exist any more.

As for Hitman - vin diesel has a good gravelly voice and will have to lose some weight. Although his being a rampant D&D geek might ruin it :p

How close to the game do you think they will make it? Will they include the knocking out and nicking bad guys clothes? How will they incorporate 47's flawless ability to look like anyone and fool other people (albeit for a short amount of time) Will they have his trademark 101 ways to creep up and kill a bad guy from behind? After each scene will we get a stats screen detailing number of kills and a stealthiness?

The action flicks of the 80's are a bygone era :) the place vacated by arnie and sly simply does not exist any more.

As for Hitman - vin diesel has a good gravelly voice and will have to lose some weight. Although his being a rampant D&D geek might ruin it :p

How close to the game do you think they will make it? Will they include the knocking out and nicking bad guys clothes? How will they incorporate 47's flawless ability to look like anyone and fool other people (albeit for a short amount of time) Will they have his trademark 101 ways to creep up and kill a bad guy from behind? After each scene will we get a stats screen detailing number of kills and a stealthiness?

I havnt played all of them, but I cant really see much of a movie there unless they alter the character in some pretty significant ways.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I wonder if they can even capture the spirit of the games in the movie.

I mean 47 isn't running full long into gunfire. The game has a tense and precise atmosphere and I'm afraid the movie will fall apart into the usual, do some job, find out you're being manipulated, storm enemy headquarters and kill everyone type of movie.

How will they pull off the ol' take your enemies clothes and then no one will recognize a tall, muscular bald man with a barcode tattooed on his neck trick?

...I'm afraid the movie will fall apart into the usual, do some job, find out you're being manipulated, storm enemy headquarters and kill everyone type of movie.

Ermm, have you played the first game?

You mean where you find out

you're a clone being manipulated and storm enemy headquarters killing everyone in it?

:)

That's what happened right? I can't remember the specifics of the storyline since it's been awhile. I've played through the first two games. The first one nearly drove me crazy with the no save feature.

I meant the main feel of the game though. Where you're in disguise nonchalantly walking past a guard and he starts to stare at you. I'm pretty sure the movie will turn out into a shoot fest.

Ahhh Hitman, the only enjoyable games I can think of ever produced by my country, are now up for a good arse raping by Vin Diesel... Go Hollywood. :huh:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

47 has the personality and character depth of a brick how can you ruin him. Ive beaten contracts and #2 but havent been able to find the first

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The action flicks of the 80's are a bygone era :lol: the place vacated by arnie and sly simply does not exist any more.

Don't forget Dolph and Van-Damme! :D

I deliberately left them out. VAn damme made a couple of enteratining movies but he's no icon dolph is plain terrible. Unfortuantely the rock has taken their place as a not very successful action star. poor the rock o:)