Stop the whole Exile + Raven fighting the Sith.

Now Cloris, you know that takes all the fun out of the internet ...!

Someone wrote recently (sorry whoever you are, I can't remember what forum nor what thread and I'm not in the mood to search for it) that Revan had adopted the Sith mantle before Bastila's "rescue" as a strtegic necessity for the eventual demise of the Sith; it was a personal sacrifice that (obviously) went over the heads of the Jedi council, the Exile and all the other members of the Republic.

That is a good point; as we (the audience) have never been privy to Revan's motives / thought processes / memories / feelings from before K1, it would dovetail nicely with the overall narrative.

Bwaahaha! Too true, too true.

Why on earth we can't all discuss what we'd like to see in a KOTORIII, if there even ever is such an animal, without it becoming some weird spitting contest devolving into even worse is simply beyond me.

I for one, want to know what happens to these characters we have spend untold time and innumerable efforts on -- if somebody else does not, more power to 'em. Until we hold the next game in our grubby little paws, its anybody's guess what will happen. I love speculation, as if you couldn't tell, but that's all it is.

I can tell the thread-poster that there will most likely not be an ex-Sith-Lord ex-Republic-Hero named Raven in the next game though, so rest easy, big guy. :blink:

Cloris

1) They cannot decide what sex Revan or the Exile is because they will piss of a number (me included) of fans whose Revan or Exile might have been the opposite sex.

I agree about Revan....they need to keep Revan's identity ambiguous (or gamer-created) in these games.

HOWEVER, I don't think as many people are as attached to the Exile, at least not the kind of people who would go postal over a set identity.

My suggestion....keep Revan ambiguous for the next few games, but SET THE EXILE'S IDENTITY and make him a prominent scripted character in these games.

I personally would like to see the Exile as a male Twi'lek.

1) They cannot decide what sex Revan or the Exile is because they will piss of a number (me included) of fans whose Revan or Exile might have been the opposite sex.

I agree about Revan....they need to keep Revan's identity ambiguous (or gamer-created) in these games.

HOWEVER, I don't think as many people are as attached to the Exile, at least not the kind of people who would go postal over a set identity.

My suggestion....keep Revan ambiguous for the next few games, but SET THE EXILE'S IDENTITY and make him a prominent scripted character in these games.

I personally would like to see the Exile as a male Twi'lek.

For me the Exile is just as important as Revan so I sure as hell wouldn't like to see some company choose gender for him. And makes absolutely no sense to make him/her twi'lek as he/she wasn't in K2.

The next game will have to take place during the construction of the new jedi order or we're going to get a time shift to another era like K1 to k2.

It was 5 years between the 2 :lol:

And makes absolutely no sense to make him/her twi'lek as he/she wasn't in K2.

I think it does make sense. It reinforces the idea that the Exile is a character that you and I "borrowed" from LA....it is not really our character.

Making the Exile an alien helps reinforce that idea, IMO.

Of course, going forward, LA needs to avoid this hellish situation by making the PC's identity TOTALLY OPEN!!!

I think the game will be the overall rebuilding of the Jedi order, so says Kreia. Revan and the Exile will play big time roles in this game but probably won't be playable. As the new PC will probably be trained under the new Council: Brianna, Mical, Atton, Visas, Mira, Jolee, Bastila, Juhani and maybe some new people.

But the story will come down to Blue "glowies" fighting Red, not black, "glowies".

Which is why I again say you should be a force user in training, whether a force adept or a Padawan.

well, given the story arch we are in now, there are some real advantages to having

a PC that is the UNOFFICIAL FORCE BADDIE. The PC may decide to join a faction (such as the Jedi or Sith) but he is still going to save the galaxy regardless of his official faction affiliation.

I think the connection should be a blood connection (i.e. Revan's nephew or niece).

Or, if you chose a non-human PC, you have this blood connection with the Exile.

And makes absolutely no sense to make him/her twi'lek as he/she wasn't in K2.

I think it does make sense. It reinforces the idea that the Exile is a character that you and I "borrowed" from LA....it is not really our character.

Making the Exile an alien helps reinforce that idea, IMO.

Of course, going forward, LA needs to avoid this hellish situation by making the PC's identity TOTALLY OPEN!!!

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the field but I actually didn't know that, but if that's true, you're right. In that case LA shoud've never let us play the Exile...

*Nods at the last sentence and claps hands*

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the field but I actually didn't know that, but if that's true, you're right. In that case LA shoud've never let us play the Exile...

you would have been tempted to do it as well if you had to write 2 40-hour games and sell them as one shrinkwrap.

both KOTOR games thus far have given us a predefined character with a "hidden past". this allows us to quickly customize our characters to LS or DS simply by expressing our views on what we have already done.

while it has worked in a sense, it is starting to wear a little thin and, of course, it introduces other problems that are hard to deal with.

hopefully, we have seen the last of the "hidden past" PC.

you would have been tempted to do it as well if you had to write 2 40-hour games and sell them as one shrinkwrap.

both KOTOR games thus far have given us a predefined character with a "hidden past". this allows us to quickly customize our characters to LS or DS simply by expressing our views on what we have already done.

while it has worked in a sense, it is starting to wear a little thin and, of course, it introduces other problems that are hard to deal with.

hopefully, we have seen the last of the "hidden past" PC.

Yeah agrees. We're pleying the future and the now, not the past, so that's what should be important.

I agree, "hidden past" has played its role. I say they should go for "insignificant past". And the focus should be on the new PC's future.

I do, however, like a bit of "customizable past". In Arcanum, for instance, you can choose various pasts such as "raised by wolves" or "joined the circus", etc.

I like the idea of having a list in dialogue like this:

"I'm from Tatooine and my dad is a moisture farmer"

"I'm from Onderon and my (late) dad was a senator"

etc, etc

and for this to have some bearing on how the story progresses...that would be cool.

I agree, "hidden past" has played its role. I say they should go for "insignificant past". And the focus should be on the new PC's future.

I do, however, like a bit of "customizable past". In Arcanum, for instance, you can choose various pasts such as "raised by wolves" or "joined the circus", etc.

etc, etc

and for this to have some bearing on how the story progresses...that would be cool.

Yeah, and stuff like that ain't hard to implement either. It's just as easy to write dialogue for that kindda stuff as it is to write dialogue for male/female or charachter name.

I wonder why it isn't done more often? Everybody loves character customization, so lets have more sutomization!

I think that they Reven and Exile should have some effect on the third game because of what they did in the first two. However, they should NOT be playbale and should NOT be in the pool of characters you get to choose from as party members.

To whoever said it, there will not just be 2 characters. You seen the SW movies, how many times do the people actually listen and stay put? 0.

Atton was not killed off, Bao was naught but a holo, and many other chars did't get mentioned not just because of a lack of ending, but because these people will likely be in the next game.

We know what happens to all of them. (I think all but if not most of them. Its been a while since I finished.) Kreia tells you if you ask her before she dies or is killed by you.

If they do K3 with a new character that gets "hit on the head" and has amnesia, I'm going to go ballistic.... :angry: ......I can see it now......Oooh my God :lol: my mum and dad are Bastila and Revan :lol:

Revan and the exile will have to play a prominent role because it has to go along with continuity

I mean they created the exile now there stuck with it

plus the bigger badder sith is already written into the main story in the days of jacen solo fighting the yuuzhan vhonng they are the bigger badder sith

most people didn't know that but thats what happens in most of the novels. :-

It's not needed that Revan and Exile be PC's in the next game, though it would be interesting if they were. They just need to complete the story and let us know what happenes to the two, or just Revan, whatever works :D.

Another idea could be starting as a child, and becoming a padawan, growing up, kind of like an Ocarina of Time thing. Just throwing an idea out.

*ducks and waits for the flames*

Which is why I again say you should be a force user in training, whether a force adept or a Padawan.

well, given the story arch we are in now, there are some real advantages to having

a PC that is the UNOFFICIAL FORCE BADDIE. The PC may decide to join a faction (such as the Jedi or Sith) but he is still going to save the galaxy regardless of his official faction affiliation.

I think the connection should be a blood connection (i.e. Revan's nephew or niece).

Or, if you chose a non-human PC, you have this blood connection with the Exile.

Having a family member would be done as Reven nor Exile knows any family members

Revan and the exile will have to play a prominent role because it has to go along with continuity

I mean they created the exile now there stuck with it

plus the bigger badder sith is already written into the main story in the days of jacen solo fighting the yuuzhan vhonng they are the bigger badder sith

most people didn't know that but thats what happens in most of the novels. :geek:

They don't even know a role. Otherwise we would be hearing about Exar Kun all the time for the heck of it. Everything doesn't revolve around by a rejected jedi/sith lord

etc, etc

Yeah, and stuff like that ain't hard to implement either. It's just as easy to write dialogue for that kindda stuff as it is to write dialogue for male/female or charachter name.

I wonder why it isn't done more often? Everybody loves character customization, so lets have more sutomization!

I agree. I think the main reason why this sort of customisation is not done is because the whole process is skimped on; no real effort is invested in the main point of the game. I quite often take upwards of an hour deciding on the exact attributes of a PC in NwN, for example, and there are only a few options to choose from (class, skills, physical appearance, etc )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT