Stop the whole Exile + Raven fighting the Sith.

Ok who said the game can't be KOTOR without Raven. The person who said that was a retard

KOTOR= Knights of the old republic.

The game could in theory take place 20,000 years ago before Raven, or 5-20 years after Ep3. The Imperial senate (ie. the Republic) didn't die till a New Hope

Ok who said the game can't be KOTOR without Raven. The person who said that was a retard

The game could in theory take place 20,000 years ago before Raven, or 5-20 years after Ep3. The Imperial senate (ie. the Republic) didn't die till a New Hope

I don't quite agree with you. The term "Knights of the Old Republic" grew out of the Tales of the Jedi comic books. In fact, the trade paperback collecting the five original issues (two issues of "Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beastriders of Onderon" and three issues of "The Saga of Nomi Sunrider") was titled "Knights of the Old Republic".

So I dare say the expression refers rather specifically to some time close to that period of Star Wars history. Still, that doesn't mean that you can't do KotOR without Revan, of course - he was nowhere in any of the comic books, after all. That's not the problem.

No, the problem is that we have a woefully unfinished plot for both Revan and the Exile. KotOR2 had an open ending. To do a new KotOR that did not follow up on that would be like doing "Empire Strikes Back" without a "Return of the Jedi" to follow it... or indeed to do "Attack of the Clones" without "Revenge of the Sith" later on. We have an open-ended story, and it needs to find a conclusion.

I'd be all for a totally new story some thirty or whatever years after the events of the current games in a KotOR4, but we need to see conclusion and resolution to the plots that are currently open before we can move on.

You know, you use the word "retard" quite a lot. It's not good for your health. <_<

And, yeah REVAN has to be in the 3rd game. If not, then KOTOR has truely lost its way. Revan was and is the lifeblood of Knights of the Old Republic.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Aye thank god all your Reven and Exile fanbois are not developers otherwise we will end up with another KOTOR 2. Whom everyone goes "WTF, WTH" when the game ends after your main character, Reven and Exile go out and buy donuts at the donut ship right next to the jedi temple on Cournsant

And, yeah REVAN has to be in the 3rd game. If not, then KOTOR has truely lost its way. Revan was and is the lifeblood of Knights of the Old Republic.

A good story is a good story. Revan's not the lifeblood of KOTOR, a good story is.

If I got a kickass, perfect game with excellent characters and believable reactions and fantastic gameplay, I would not care if it does or does not have Revan.

I don't understand why so many people want sequels to the same game. Remember how awesome KOTOR was when you first played it? Would it not be just as cool to have a new game just like that, that surprised you and knocked you off your feet? It doesn't need Revan.

Having said that, I would understand if the third installment did include Revan and the Exile in some way. I did like them and they are neat characters, but in the hands of good writing any characters can be just as awesome. But for the love of god please, I do not want to play Revan/Exile anymore. Wandering around killing hordes of godlike characters gets old quickly IMO. And it diminishes the "coolness" of the godlike characters since they turn out to be a dime a dozen.

If the game includes Revan and the Exile (I do agree it should include both), I'd still rather it be played from the perspective of a new PC.

"I don't understand why so many people want sequels to the same game."

That should be obvious. When I buy a sequel, I *do* want more of the same. I bought KOTOR2 as I enjoyed KOTOR1; not because I enjoyed some other games. If I want to buy a 'dfiferent' game than i'd buy a different game; not a sequel. Afterall, a sequel is sold based on the fact it *is* a sequel to a likely popular original...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I guess I should have been more clear....as in sequels that have stories that are directly releated to the previous title(s).

I also play sequels to expect more of the same. In that I expect the excellent story, gameplay, characters, or any combination plus other stuff too numerous to mention. I certainly don't require them to be related storywise to the previous game though.

Just a small point, Mr Dyslexic, the character's name is REVAN, not Raven. You have a transposition vowel error in your proper noun. :lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh the irony.

I find it amusing when people call other's names, but can't even spell the character's name correctly.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Here, let me add some small modifications my first statement:

*Ahem* KOTOR 1 was one of those games where after about halfway through the game, you get REALLY hooked to it. You want to know what happens to the characters, if

people will survive, and how will it end. And in the end, you got answers. All in all, it was an excellent RPG. With KOTOR 2, it was more from a philisophical point of view. What are the Jedi's true motives? Who are the true Sith? And at the end, the questions weren't really answered (save some more cryptic speeches from ol' Kreia). KOTOR 3, should be a blend of the two. It should make you really think of the Jedi's and/or Sith's motives. But it should also have a wonderful story, like the first KOTOR. Revan and Exile should be in it, even if they aren't the main PC. I'm sure everyone wants to see the conclusion of each of these characters stories.And in the end it should answer most, if not all, of the big issues. Give me that for the last installment of this series, and I'll be one happy camper.

There, that's my two cents.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Here, let me add some small modifications my first statement:

*Ahem* KOTOR 1 was one of those games where after about halfway through the game, you get REALLY hooked to it. You want to know what happens to the characters, if

people will survive, and how will it end. And in the end, you got answers. All in all, it was an excellent RPG.  With KOTOR 2, it was more from a philisophical point of view. What are the Jedi's true motives? Who are the true Sith? And at the end, the questions weren't really answered (save some more cryptic speeches from ol' Kreia). KOTOR 3, should be a blend of the two. It should make you really think of the Jedi's and/or Sith's motives. But it should also have a wonderful story, like the first KOTOR. Revan and Exile should be in it, even if they aren't the main PC. I'm sure everyone wants to see the conclusion of each of these characters stories.And in the end it should answer most, if not all, of the big issues. Give me that for the last installment of this series, and I'll be one happy camper.

There, that's my two cents.

I agree that KOTOR III absolutely has to wrap up the story arch we are in now.

It doesn't have to end the "KOTOR" series as KOTOR is really just a time period but it does have to wrap up what we are in now. And, yes, part of that is giving us at least some resolution to the Revan/Exile saga.

In fact, I personally believe they could get away with actually setting the Exile's identity complete with gender, appearance, voice acting, etc. They may not want to do that with Revan but Revan could still have a major role in the story.

If they set gender and stuff for the Exile, then they'll set gender and stuff with Revan.

If they set the identity (the whole 9 yards...voice acting, etc) then K3 is really easy to write and in a satisfying way.

But that is the problem...alot of people will presumably be upset with that. That's why I recommend a split approach. I think it works.

Let Revan continue to be the shadowy Charlie figure in the series even after this trilogy is wrapped up.

If they set gender and stuff for the Exile, then they'll set gender and stuff with Revan.

If they set the identity (the whole 9 yards...voice acting, etc) then K3 is really easy to write and in a satisfying way.

But that is the problem...alot of people will presumably be upset with that. That's why I recommend a split approach. I think it works.

Let Revan continue to be the shadowy Charlie figure in the series even after this trilogy is wrapped up.

They shouldn't give player the option.

We know for a fact that Raven is truely a male (in varius Encylopedias). But I don't want to see who is truely making the next KOTOR 3 unfinished because they spent half of their time (like Obsidian) making 4 different verisons of the game.

Also there shouldn't be any influence system, that is what totally screw up K2. It isn't fun to play a game 10 times to get enouch influence from every character to understand the story.

They shouldn't give player the option.

We know for a fact that Raven is truely a male (in varius Encylopedias). But I don't want to see who is truely making the next KOTOR 3 unfinished because they spent half of their time (like Obsidian) making 4 different verisons of the game.

Also there shouldn't be any influence system, that is what totally screw up K2. It isn't fun to play a game 10 times to get enouch influence from every character to understand the story.

The infuence system only affected party members for their back story and

to turn them in to jedi.

Fron what I have played only Atton's story was interesting.

The infuence system only affected party members for their back story and

to turn them in to jedi.

Fron what I have played only Atton's story was interesting.

I like the idea of influence. I do think it was poorly implemented in some ways but, if they can fix the difficulties, it should be fine.

The problem with influence in K2 is that there was often only one person who had certain information...information that influence unlocked. Also, factor in the fact that influence was alignment-based (at least in part) and it is easy to see where the problem lies.

Now granted, you did not absolutely need this information to complete the game, but it did help paint a more complete picture of what was going on.

IMO, anything that deals with the main quest should not be unlocked by influence. Influence should be all about training, side quests and really surperfluous conversation.

In a nutshell, the problem with influence as it is now is that it does not unlock enough stuff and what it does unlock should not be locked to begin with.

The influence was the best idea of the game.

I hate it when the PC is able to convincingly become friends with everybody. It's stupid and unrealistic.

Having said that, the influence in KOTOR2 was not implemented properly. Turning Atton to the DS should result in him becoming a jerk, not getting upset at me when I kill an innocent person.

The ability to affect your party members is a good thing. It adds replayability and makes the characters more dynamic, living creatures. I actually would have preferred it if various NPCs hated each other and would actually attack each other.

No. Influence was horrible. Besides, infleucne has been around for ages. Heck, TOB had it, and it wa sjust an expansion. the problem with KOTOR2's Influence System is it doens't work as advertised - the NPCs influence the PC; not the other way around like it was supposed to. There are exemptions; but all they do is prove the rule. People think Influence in games is new in KOTOR2; but it isn't. Not even close.

No. Influence was horrible. Besides, infleucne has been around for ages. Heck, TOB had it, and it wa sjust an expansion. the problem with KOTOR2's Influence System is it doens't work as advertised - the NPCs influence the PC; not the other way around like it was supposed to. There are exemptions; but all they do is prove the rule. People think Influence in games is new in KOTOR2; but it isn't. Not even close.

one of KOTOR2's many Influence limitations was the fact that, since they made it alignment-based (which is probably a mistake anyway), they should also have changed the NPCs' personality as the NPC follows the PC to one side of the spectrum or the other.

For instance,

I had Visas almost all the way to the light side and she was still sticking up for Vaklu and still wanted to "cleanse" the cantina of low-life civilians with her grenade

. Again, she was ostensibly totally light side when she did that....that is one example of how the system was poorly implemented.

I personally think the PC should not even be messing with their alignments, except possibly as a Consular/Lord-only feat to influence them in that way.

Other games have influence but this was the first time I had ever seen it woven into the actual dialogue tree. Anyway, it needs alot of work but I would love to see it in K3.

"Other games have influence but this was the first time I had ever seen it woven into the actual dialogue tree."

Actually, they do. They just didn't advertise it and make it just another stat. Good diea, poor implementation (overall, 'cause some parts of it was done well).

http://www.answers.com/topic/dates-in-star-wars

A new jedi order is being built, I rather be a jedi knight rebuilding the order, saving children, stealing Candy from Baby (whatever), and fighting the Sith (they don't go into hiding for another 1000 or so years).

If a new Jedi Order is built in K3, its probably going to built by the Handmaiden, because you eventually find out her mother is Arren Kae, then you train her to be Jedi of course, and Kreia says at the end of K2 that Handmaiden teaches people of the Exile

hi.