I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

The whole Clone Troopers wiping the asses of Jedis disturbed me too until I realized that in the Lucas universe Bounty Hunters are extremely effective killers of Jedi.

Who again were the Clone Troopers? Well, how about clones of a bounty hunter (Jango Fett)? :)

I agree. Bounty hunters are extremely effective Jedi killers. However, *not* with blasters. And the greatest asset of a bounty hunter is his experience... and that can't be cloned.

No, the Jedi purge is probably the weakest part of the movie. Aayla just getting shot in the back before she can even draw her lightsaber and all. Anyway, all that stuff makes me wonder. How the hell did the clones go from ruthless Jedi-killers to pathetic flat-footed idiots that get their asses handed to them by a handful of smugglers and their teddy bear allies? :rolleyes:

If Palpy was behind Anakin's conception, it might explain his obsession with Vader's eventually supplanting him as a worthy Dark Lord of the Sith. It also explains Palpy's weakness in his trusting Anakin, as he expects his perfectly created and groomed Sith Lord to not betray him. (at least not in a non-Sithy way)

I thought that Anakin being "created" by the Sith was what Lucas tried to imply, but what of "the prophecy"? Was that part of the Sith scheme? A glimpse of it by a Jedi?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Maybe the sith tried to subvert the prophecy.

I didnt find a problem with the jedi purge because

A)In the examples we see, they were completely outnumbered.

B)The jedi's powers are diminished by the growth of the dark side. Mace makes a comment to this effect in EP 2 and it is mentioned in the novelisation of EP 3.

Yeah, but even that padawan running from the temple put up more of a fight than most of the "masters" from what we can see. Sloppy, sloppy.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Forgive my need to rationalise plot holes but maybe the blue clones are a bit slow, the padawan was prepared to fight.

We only see two masters die, well maybe only one (was ki adi mundi ever made a master?) and they go out in a believable way for fringe characters.

A bit more of a struggle wouldn't have hurt, but I guess it was simple a means to make it more sad, or disturbing.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

No, the Jedi purge is probably the weakest part of the movie. Aayla just getting shot in the back before she can even draw her lightsaber and all. Anyway, all that stuff makes me wonder. How the hell did the clones go from ruthless Jedi-killers to pathetic flat-footed idiots that get their asses handed to them by a handful of smugglers and their teddy bear allies? :)

I'm virtually certain that Stormtroopers are not clones. For starters, all the present clones would be retired due to old age, which would mean more would have to be cloned, when the fact that there wasn't a massive civil war going on (just a nusciance rebellion) would probably mean that the Empire could go back to the pre-Clone Wars practise of voluntary service or a compulsory draft instead. Second, I'm pretty sure that before he became a smuggler, Han was a Stormtrooper who was discharged for protecting a Wookie from another group of stormtroopers. Third, there are plenty of officers in the Fleet that are clearly not clones, when during the Clone Wars even these command posts were mostly filled by Clones too.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Yeah, but even that padawan running from the temple put up more of a fight than most of the "masters" from what we can see. Sloppy, sloppy.

That's IT! Ewoks are force-sensitive, and they have a way better understanding of the force than the Jedi Masters ever had.

They just didn't tell anyone with their "Yub-yub".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

On the track of surviving Jedi/force users:

I just read the final part of the Star Wars Obsession comic miniseries and (dont read this spoiler if you want to read the comic, it ruins the ending)

Asajj Ventress, the bald sith woman from Clone wars etc. survives and hijacks a medical frigate to take her into exile somewhere in space. And with that, Dark Horse comics just opened the doors of endless possibilities beyond EpIII and even the original trilogy- since this could mean the either a rouge Jedi ex-sith on adventures in the ouiter rim or the continued existence of the Sith beyond Palpatine.

hooray.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

.  Second, I'm pretty sure that before he became a smuggler, Han was a Stormtrooper who was discharged for protecting a Wookie from another group of stormtroopers.

What a giant b...t. Han was a cadet in Naval Academy and beciome a lieutenant in Imperial Navy before he was kicked out becouse of chewbacca scandal. Kyle Katarn was a stormtrooper...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

.  Second, I'm pretty sure that before he became a smuggler, Han was a Stormtrooper who was discharged for protecting a Wookie from another group of stormtroopers.

What a giant b...t. Han was a cadet in Naval Academy and beciome a lieutenant in Imperial Navy before he was kicked out becouse of chewbacca scandal. Kyle Katarn was a stormtrooper...

"Giant b...t?" I'm not quite sure what the censored word is meant to be, since the only word I can think of like that has quite different phrasing, but either way, why be so hostile over it? I never stated it as fact, indeed, the way I worded it left open the possibility I was wrong, so simply telling me so was all that's necessary. I think you need to tone down your anger and not get so worked up over something so trivial as the background of a film character.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

How handy would it have been to have one of those force sight people on the council

Could have seen the the emporer was a sith ages ago then....

The choosen one wouldn't have fallen to the darkside either!

"Giant b...t?"  I'm not quite sure what the censored word is meant to be, since the only word I can think of like that has quite different phrasing

Bull sh!t

Yes, that was the only word I could think of. But if that is the word intended, wouldn't the correct phrasing be "giant load of b...t"? I mean, you'd say "that's a load of crap" or "that's crap", you wouldn't say "That's a giant crap", unless you weren't using it as a metaphor. Same thing for b...t, right?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

"Giant b...t?"  I'm not quite sure what the censored word is meant to be, since the only word I can think of like that has quite different phrasing

Bull sh!t

Yes, that was the only word I could think of. But if that is the word intended, wouldn't the correct phrasing be "giant load of b...t"? I mean, you'd say "that's a load of crap" or "that's crap", you wouldn't say "That's a giant crap", unless you weren't using it as a metaphor. Same thing for b...t, right?

^_^

manthing2.jpg