Idea for female characters in game...

Do you like this idea?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
    • Other (please state nicely below, thanks)

Eddo36, I just noticed that it said Ex-Marine in your sig. I would like to thank you for your service to this country. I'm actually going into the military as well: shipping out this July for Army Infantry. So what was your MOS when you were in?

Yes go fight for american oil rights. I am sure Bush will commend you.

For the love of... can we please keep politics off this board. This guy is doing a brave and patriotic thing and he does not need to hear you denigrating him because you do not like the current administration. If you want to talk politics go to freerepublic.com or democratunderground.com. People come here to get away from that crap. 11XHooah, thank you, good luck, and godspeed. BTW, I was in the Marines, 1989-94. It paid for my BSEE. It's a tremendous opportunity and a good thing to do for your fellow citizens, even ungrateful ones like Flyboi.

Funny how you tell Flyboi so shut up about politics, and then continue to talk about it yourself..

And for the record, i find this thread funny.. No need to get all worked up about a joke.. I don't think i've ever met a guy who complained over girls making jokes about them..

And for the record, i find this thread funny.. No need to get all worked up about a joke.. I don't think i've ever met a guy who complained over girls making jokes about them..

You'd be male, right? :devil:

It is a totally different ball of wax to tell a joke about someone when they are in a position of power over you, than the reverse. Women are not treated equally, and the initial post was really insulting and obviously puerile. It sounded like a comment made by someone who had just been dumped by their girlfriend, and the only reason I didn't say that in my response was that I am not convinced the poster has ever had a girlfriend.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

...the initial post was really insulting and obviously puerile. It sounded like a comment made by someone who had just been dumped by their girlfriend...

That's what I've been assuming about Eddo ever sence that...other...other... other "Exile/Revan shud bee guys kauz I M guy!!LOL" thread...I can't remember which one it was though...

You'd be male, right? :devil:

It is a totally different ball of wax to tell a joke about someone when they are in a position of power over you, than the reverse. Women are not treated equally, and the initial post was really insulting and obviously puerile. It sounded like a comment made by someone who had just been dumped by their girlfriend, and the only reason I didn't say that in my response was that I am not convinced the poster has ever had a girlfriend.

Well.. There's a certain truth to that.. But then again, wouldn't you agree that by letting this guy piss you off with a (in my opinion harmless) joke, you're only giving even more power to the men? :devil:

I certainly don't think less of women, just because they're women, and anyone who does is probably stuck in the dark ages, but the guy who made this thread already stated that he was joking, so what exactly is the problem?

For the love of... can we please keep politics off this board. This guy is doing a brave and patriotic thing and he does not need to hear you denigrating him because you do not like the current administration. If you want to talk politics go to freerepublic.com or democratunderground.com. People come here to get away from that crap. 11XHooah, thank you, good luck, and godspeed. BTW, I was in the Marines, 1989-94. It paid for my BSEE. It's a tremendous opportunity and a good thing to do for your fellow citizens, even ungrateful ones like Flyboi.

Sure. I'll let it be. But the US is heading in the wrong direction and it has really nothing to do with eighter the democrats or the current republic administration. But you a right, this is not the place.

Agreed this is not the place....but this one will not slip past me....

After the Trade Towers incident we had to do SOMETHING, if you disagree with that you are truly ignorant and don't understand how the world works, even if violence doesnt solve somethings, it'll take care of it for a time...

Or we could have just sat back and done nothing like the rest of the countries apart of the UN....

Sure. I'll let it be. But the US is heading in the wrong direction and it has really nothing to do with eighter the democrats or the current republic administration. But you a right, this is not the place.

After the Trade Towers incident we had to do SOMETHING, if you disagree with that you are truly ignorant and don't understand how the world works, even if violence doesnt solve somethings, it'll take care of it for a time...

Or we could have just sat back and done nothing like the rest of the countries apart of the UN....

Well, I'd have preferred the US doing nothing, over the US invading Afghanistan, finding ****, then leaving the country again without making an effort to restore everything they ruined..

This actually reminds me a bit of Kotor2 and the mandalorian wars.. Bush and his administration are the jedi rushing to war, killing and destroying while spawning more and more conflict world wide, while the UN represents the jedi masters, contemplating the god damn situation before acting..

Damn, i've been playing this game too much.. :devil:

Please watch 9/11 Martial Law and then come back to this thread. And no I am certainly not blindly accepting everything they say in this documentary, but some interesting points are made. And if you are one of those that dismiss any documentary as bogus propaganda you really have nothing to lose by wathcing it now do you :devil:

That's what I've been assuming about Eddo ever sence that...other...other... other "Exile/Revan shud bee guys kauz I M guy!!LOL" thread...I can't remember which one it was though...

There have been many; Should Revan have an official gender (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>) springs to mind.

The only reason to clamp down hard on this sort of post is to indicate the complete opposition it: sexism is far too insidious and prevalent for us to say "oh, he didn't mean any harm"; you wouldn't let a four year old play with matches and burn down someone else's house, would you? :thumbsup:

A lot of the posters are too young, or just plain haven't a clue that their views are quite sexist: simply because they are devoid of empathy and direct experience.

Others are more malevolent and are acting with intent. <_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The only reason to clamp down hard on this sort of post is to indicate the complete opposition it: sexism is far too insidious and prevalent for us to say "oh, he didn't mean any harm"; you wouldn't let a four year old play with matches and burn down someone else's house, would you?  :thumbsup:

A lot of the posters are too young, or just plain haven't a clue that their views are quite sexist: simply because they are devoid of empathy and direct experience.

Others are more malevolent and are acting with intent. <_<

Did we really spend 18 pages on that? Jeez that's depressing. :thumbsup:

I've met a lot of people who were/are racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever-ist who didn't realize that they were such because they just didn't have a reference with which to attach those labels to (I hate grammar!!), and this was in EUGENE FOOKAN OREGON, the commie-anarchist-hippie city in the pot head state.

Eddo36, I just noticed that it said Ex-Marine in your sig. I would like to thank you for your service to this country. I'm actually going into the military as well: shipping out this July for Army Infantry. So what was your MOS when you were in?

If you have a problem with the war, fine. I'm not going to sit here and debate with you because I'm not going to waste my time. I've grown tired of debating with your kind. But I hope that your post was not a shot at the military. >_<

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Well, I'd have preferred the US doing nothing, over the US invading Afghanistan, finding ****, then leaving the country again without making an effort to restore everything they ruined..

This actually reminds me a bit of Kotor2 and the mandalorian wars.. Bush and his administration are the jedi rushing to war, killing and destroying while spawning more and more conflict world wide, while the UN represents the jedi masters, contemplating the god damn situation before acting..

Damn, i've been playing this game too much.. :p

Oh I see. So conducting no retaliatory action after terrorists kill thousands of Americans would have been better? That's a fantastic idea! Let's just sit around and let them get away with it, leaving us open to more attacks. >_< To me this sounds like you don't think that we should have attacked Japan during WW2 after Pearl Harbor.

And in case you didn't know, we crippled Al-Qaeda when we went into Afghanistan, to a point where launching another major attack on the U.S. will be much more difficult. And I can see that you've been listening to the media just a little too much. Although you haven't heard about restoration efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, they are underway. The media likes to remain biased, showing the bad news instead of the good.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

YES! What a glorious thing to kill and enslave other nations in order to exploit them later by US corporations. Nazi soldiers had the same imperial way of thinking.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

This thread needs to be locked. Nur Ab Sal, Flyboi, Los Whackos please go to www.democratunderground.com. You will find plenty of people there who agree with you. Everyone else will be welcomed at www.freerepublic.com. Can we not have one discussion board that does not get infected with poitics?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Roger that Guard Dog. Things could get ugly around here if this thread isn't locked.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

YES! What a glorious thing to kill and enslave other nations in order to exploit them later by US corporations. Nazi soldiers had the same imperial way of thinking.

Yes, and the same with the USMC, Napoleon, the Communists, Great Alexander and McDonalds, the Hutus and the Iraqis, etc...

I love those discussions.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I bet the first woman who reads that is going to flame you so badly :D At least the ones that I know would.

I don't know if there would really be a point to extending that sort of effort. We all go through hormone-based cycles, which can have behavioral side effects -- women are just the obvious target.

I do like the fact that in this game, in order to gain influence, you have to nurture and care for the NPCs, which a behavior typically attributed to females. My hypothosis is that this is why many are unhappy with the influence system.

That's kind of what I was getting at in the thread on language usage and female pronouns. I woudn't fear, though, Metadigital, these types of thought processes are obvious in their owners, and should he actually believe this tripe to be realistic in any way, well -- he will reap what he sows, I suppose.

The politics, well, the politics probably belong someplace more... political.

Cloris

Oh I see. So conducting no retaliatory action after terrorists kill thousands of Americans would have been better? That's a fantastic idea! Let's just sit around and let them get away with it, leaving us open to more attacks. :rolleyes: To me this sounds like you don't think that we should have attacked Japan during WW2 after Pearl Harbor.

that's right.

And in case you didn't know, we crippled Al-Qaeda when we went into Afghanistan, to a point where launching another major attack on the U.S. will be much more difficult. And I can see that you've been listening to the media just a little too much. Although you haven't heard about restoration efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, they are underway.

And how do you know?